WHICH TEAM ARE YOU ON? - Dynamite - 4/27/2022

DEAN

WHICH TEAM ARE YOU ON?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Which team are you on?

• Cash Wheeler (Mullet)
    • Dax Harwood (Bald)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2022 at 08:51 AM

2 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

The Eddie/P+P/JAS stuff could've just been the backstage and fireball and it would've been fine. The entire in-ring thing wasn't needed. 

I didn't finish the show because I'm a tired human, but yeah, mostly a good buncha goodness. 

Yep. Do that and also cut the totally unnecessary Elite tag match and there's 20 minutes freed up to pace the show better.

AEW are killing me with this pacing ?

Also I think the crowd died for the first half of the main event out of concern for Sammy.

My wife was reading while I watched the show and she saw the cannonball of the ladder and said "What a fucking idiot. Guess that match is done." That he kept going probably had alot of people fearing for his health.

TBH, he needs to calm the fuck down. There's absolutely no need to be taking cannonball sentons and springboard cutters on every episode of Dynamite.

Edited by L_W_P
  • Like 5

I couldn't find the clip of them pulling their numbers, but I remember them being like, "Well...It's going to be a long night!"

8 year old me marked the fuck out to see them be #1 and #2 in the Rumble. That's what the initial announcement of Dax vs Cash reminded me of the most. The match itself between Dax and Cash was everything I hoped it would be and obviously far better than Ax and Smash trading blows.

• Like 6

• DEAN unpinned this topic

Opener was great and I loved all the callbacks to Bret-Owen matches, specially the roll up from WM X which was almost perfectly in sync with the original. Disappointed that hair lost tho. 

Punk vs. Hangman’s graphic got a huge pop and feels like a massive big time match. As someone mentioned it’s the most unpredictable AEW title match since maybe the original Hangman-Jericho match.

I was dreading the Jericho segment but it was actually pretty entertaining from everyone involved. Whoever’s idea was for the JAS to dress like a boy band, thank you. I was cracking up at Daniel García here, I didn’t know he had it in him to be so goofy. AEW GALAXY!

I remember saying it after Wardlow’s debut against Cody, but he has the best looking Swanton I’ve ever seen, it’s a thing of beauty. That running rana and the first couple of minutes of the match where he was moving like Darby made him look amazing. Powerbombing a guy of Archer’s size repeatedly it’s also fucking crazy.

Holy shit at the pop for the Hook/Danhausen graphic.

Main event was a car wreck but an entertaining one, thanks to Sammy and Tay getting nuclear heat at the moment. Not sure why Sammy had to do the extra leapfrog onto the ladder after the perfect ending bump second before but oh well.

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 2

Another Dynamite where the main event went on first. Loved the Philly street fight, I love hoe AEW seems to make these sort of matches hate filled and violent seeming. Bonus points for Shida wearing jeans.

Minus them running short on time in the ladder match I felt this show was paced much better than recently. Decent amount of time given to backstage/promo segments no matches going way to long. Show didn't feel rushed over all. Also the commentary has been much better in recent weeks

• Like 2

Interesting, listening to the post-game Observer, did you guys get a black screen during the PiP of the Ladder Match?  It was fully functioning video here - TSN feed.  That break was terribly problematic with Scorpio feigning a backache as to slowly climb the ladder.  Completely unrealistic and kinda awful.

• Like 1

I rolled my eyes at Sammy springing back up after the barbed wire bump at first, but when he just got knocked down again and Scorpio won to a good pop, I was ok with it. It's a modern version of Kobashi gets up after a TD91 then loses immediately to a running elbow, which may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it worked with the live crowd. Sammy's heel work has been top notch the past couple of weeks, and no better proof then getting the crowd 100% behind the aimless and Dan-Lambert-backed Scorpio Sky. Sammy and Tay are Edge and Lita circa 2005 and it's perfect.

The rest of the show was pretty good too, minus the Jericho/Kingston and friends feud. Doing the exact same segment every week where the faces look like idiots is a bit too on the nose for the anti-WWE gimmick.

FTR collides was exactly what it needed to be, Christian still "not mad" at JB, BCC semi-squash is always great, didn't mind the Elite doing the same thing for just one week, Fenix return was fun, Wardlow-rana, Deeb went over in the street fight (hope her orbital bone is ok), and something I think has gotten completely overlooked in this thread: Team Taz fighting for real belts!

I'm generally willing to suspend my disbelief and buy into ridiculous stuff for the sake of enjoying a wrestling angle, but I may have to draw the line at the idea that Big Cass of all people is MJF's secret weapon after Wardlow chewed Lance Archer up and spit him out. I mean, ok, I'll let you have your necrophiliac wrestling demons from hell and reincarnated snake gods who wrestle for... reasons.  I'll even look the other way when dudes cave in each other's heads with sledgehammers and then get up to finish the match.  But booking Cass as more of a monster than the Murderhawk Monster?  

Even I have standards once in while.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I'm generally willing to suspend my disbelief and buy into ridiculous stuff for the sake of enjoying a wrestling angle, but I may have to draw the line at the idea that Big Cass of all people is MJF's secret weapon after Wardlow chewed Lance Archer up and spit him out. I mean, ok, I'll let you have your necrophiliac wrestling demons from hell and reincarnated snake gods who wrestle for... reasons.  I'll even look the other way when dudes cave in each other's heads with sledgehammers and then get up to finish the match.  But booking Cass as more of a monster than the Murderhawk Monster?  

I get where you're coming from, but I think it would be really cool if MJF brought in a new monster of the week a few times before the PPV to try and take out Wardlow. After Cass, Jeff Cobb could come back again, we could have Bad Luck Fale like @Nice Guy Eddie said, or MJF could pay Big Show for a one off. Might be kinda fun

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Craig H said:

I have no idea how anyone else feels, but this is now the most invested I've been in Scorpio Sky. I think this win may have finally helped him get over. 

And if that's case for more people than just me, then props to the booking and Scorp for staying the course, sticking to trying to get over, pivoting to being a face if this wasn't always the plan, and finding a way to get over.

We've seen the same thing happen with Yuta and it's awesome to see long term booking pay off in these guys getting over.

I am definitely much more into Scorpio now than I ever. I never liked SCU, so by proxy he did nothing for me. Decent Darby match aside, his initial singles run was also just there. Men of the Year made me tolerate him more, but mostly just because I'm a big Ethan Page fan. But his run over the last month has been great and I hope they keep him in the TNT title scene for awhile. I just hope that this Kaz thing doesn't lead to the Men of the Year breaking up. I'd rather see a respect match between him and Kaz, but Men of the Year stay together and get a bit of a face run before Ethan inevitably turns on him because he is much better as a shitbag.

I know someone mentioned Dan not looking happy that Scorpio kept his promise to Kaz, but Page didn't look very happy either

Edited by elizium
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I didn't realize I needed Stevie Ray living in MJF's guest house until now.

“How you gonna handle that sad sack ass fruit booty Wardlow, man? Suckas gotsta know…”

• Like 3

The Natural noted all these right after the match but here they are side by side,.  EDIT:  Notice how Cash Wheeler gets height on the German Suplex just like Benoit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I get where you're coming from, but I think it would be really cool if MJF brought in a new monster of the week a few times before the PPV to try and take out Wardlow. After Cass, Jeff Cobb could come back again, we could have Bad Luck Fale like @Nice Guy Eddie said, or MJF could pay Big Show for a one off. Might be kinda fun

Oh man, Jeff Cobb versus Wardlow would be fucking awesome.  Jeff Cobb versus Powerhouse Hobbs would be awesomer.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Kane and someone from Lucha Underground?

3 hours ago, DEAN said:

The Natural noted all these right after the match but here they are side by side,.  EDIT:  Notice how Cash Wheeler gets height on the German Suplex just like Benoit.

This is beautiful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am old and have a jacked up body clock and slept through the show because my boss hates me and puts me on night duty for like two weeks at a time.   I am also dumb because I did not DVR the show.   I will do better for Rampage.  I will either take a nap or I will set my DVR and watch it while I am eating breakfast before I go and get some yardwork done.

11 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

MJF gives Nick Gage a second chance.  Book it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Firebreaker Chip said:

Archer got up like a champ for those Wardlow powerbombs, damn

That was my first thought when I saw that!  Last week, I was like, "yeah, Wardlow shouldn't be powerbombing big guys" because Butcher never got more than parallel to the mat and it was scary.  Every single time, I was afraid he'd drop too fast and land on his head.  Turns out it was Butcher's fault.  Nothing against the guy, he's awesome!  It just seems getting up like that for powerbombs isn't his strong point.

• Like 1

I dont have many thoughts that haven't been stated here, but let me tell you, I had an absolute BLAST at my first AEW show.  My best friend and I have been going to wrestling shows for the past 20+ years but this was the first one we've gone together to in about 4(Last one was a CZW Cage of Death a few years back).  It was just a great time.  The Liacouras Center is a perfect "in-between" of rec centers, bingo halls and gyms and big stadium WWE shows.

I was a bit letdown by the merch table.  I had wanted to get my daughter something, anything Shida or Thunder Rosa, but didn't see anything and I myself was a bit sad I couldn't have picked up a Kingston shirt.  

Funniest thing that was for either the Dark/Elevation taping

Spoiler

Cheeseburger was one of the most over wrestlers of the entire show(including dynamite/Rampage

Also (Rampage)

Spoiler

Darby Allin is a fucking madman for what he took off of the ring apron from Swerve.  That was the sickest spot of the whole night, including the ladder match.

I'm not a huge Guevara fan, but the roof blew off with how much the crowd was against him and it made Scorp winning even better.

This show sold me that I need to do absolutely EVERYTHING i can to get to Forbidden Door in Chicago.  I don't have 4 weeks vacation for nothing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3