WHICH TEAM ARE YOU ON? - Dynamite - 4/27/2022

DEAN

WHICH TEAM ARE YOU ON?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Which team are you on?

• Cash Wheeler (Mullet)
    • Dax Harwood (Bald)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2022 at 08:51 AM

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

FRZATESakAA0vWc?format=jpg&name=large

Bret Hart references in Dax Harwood vs. Cash Wheeler:

Armbar with kick to the face (Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart. WrestleMania X.)

Cash grabbing his knee after landing on it falling outside the ring (Hart vs. Hart, WrestleMania X).

Victory Roll counter (Owen Hart vs. Bret Hart at WrestleMania X).

Using the turnbuckle to escape a hold (Hart vs. Piper. WrestleMania VIII and Hart vs. Austin from Survivor Series 1996).

Piledriver.

Top rope superplex.

Sunset flip counter (Finish to Bret Hart vs. British Bulldog, SummerSlam 1992).

Small package reversal (Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect, King of the Ring 1993 finish).

More having watched Dax Harwood vs. Cash Wheeler a second time:

European Uppercuts.

German Suplex.

The Bret Bump, sternum first to top turnbuckle.

Top rope Back Suplex countered into a crossbody (Finish to Bret Hart vs. Razor Ramon from King of the Ring 1993).

• Like 3

Good show!  So was the whole thing done to pull a double turn?  Dan Lambert is a face now?  

The twist with MJF is he dialed the wrong Morrissey on his phone and next week the guy from The Smiths shows up to get powerbombed.

Never saw Dusty or Tully dress for a streetfight like that.  And thank God.

I figured Dax would win as he's been cemented as the singles wrestler of the duo.  Really good match.  Loved all the callbacks as @The Natural mentioned.

Sammy's flippy out of control dives that are impossible to catch are going to definitely hurt somebody.  He landed on nothing tonight AND it appeared his foot hit Scorpio's head afterward.  Looks like shit and still hurts is a bad combo.

Fireball!  If Jericho's next reinvention is as Paul Jones to Eddie's Boogie Woogie Man, just stooging and showing ass all over, the place, I'm cool with it.

AEW is sneakily moving to lucha tag rules for their multiman matches and that's awesome.

Crowd was insane for Yuta!  Nice.

Deonna Purrazzo!  Swerve everybody and let her keep the belt.

Wardlow hits the running rana and I can hear the Deadlock boys popping from miles away.

Props to Archer for getting way up on those powerbombs better than Butcher did!

Thunder Rosa smiles as she watches a TV sideways!  Noooooooo

LOOOOOOOOL AEW GALAXY

Don't let Vince see that jacked up pic of Cass.  He'll re-sign him like Test.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I think a few have mentioned it - but definitely worth repeating how much work Hoyt did to make Wardlow look great tonight. He didn't have to, but did so unselfishly, and they put on an awesome match that told the required story in the process. I thought that was the highlight of the show TBH.

I'm interested to see where it's going, as we've seen the process in the past with Cody and Punk and Jericho, that he puts obstacles in the path of the guy in order to get to him. I'm guessing Brian Cage will be *one of* them, rather than the pay-off as the replacement bodyguard, as it would be significantly underwhelming now. Can Curtis Hughes still go or take a bump? Guessing Virgil is off the table with his latest diagnosis. Whatever happened to Slugger? Personally, I'd love to see them bring in Stevie Ray as the Leon to MJF's Larry.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Good show!  So was the whole thing done to pull a double turn?  Dan Lambert is a face now?  

The twist with MJF is he dialed the wrong Morrissey on his phone and next week the guy from The Smiths shows up to get powerbombed.

Never saw Dusty or Tully dress for a streetfight like that.  And thank God.

I figured Dax would win as he's been cemented as the singles wrestler of the duo.  Really good match.  Loved all the callbacks as @The Natural mentioned.

Sammy's flippy out of control dives that are impossible to catch are going to definitely hurt somebody.  He landed on nothing tonight AND it appeared his foot hit Scorpio's head afterward.  Looks like shit and still hurts is a bad combo.

Fireball!  If Jericho's next reinvention is as Paul Jones to Eddie's Boogie Woogie Man, just stooging and showing ass all over, the place, I'm cool with it.

AEW is sneakily moving to lucha tag rules for their multiman matches and that's awesome.

Crowd was insane for Yuta!  Nice.

Deonna Purrazzo!  Swerve everybody and let her keep the belt.

Wardlow hits the running rana and I can hear the Deadlock boys popping from miles away.

Props to Archer for getting way up on those powerbombs better than Butcher did!

Thunder Rosa smiles as she watches a TV sideways!  Noooooooo

LOOOOOOOOL AEW GALAXY

Don't let Vince see that jacked up pic of Cass.  He'll re-sign him like Test.

I think Lambert is going to betray Sky and we get SCU reunion.  He seemed unhappy about Sky keeping his word with Kaz.

• Like 7

I love Punk/Hangman as a big main event because for the first time…ever? I’m not sure who will win the AEW title. Feels like that title has had a well written but clear story all the way from All Out 1 to now, and now I can’t wait to see what happens. 

Maybe Cody/Jericho had some doubt in it. But not like this one IMO.

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 4

You can have Deeb and Shida have a water balloon fight with each other and I would probably still love it. Good match with the right woman winning. Shida doesn't need the win. She's long been solidified but this helps sell Deeb as the next threat to Thunder Rosa. Let's gooooooooo! 

• Like 3

Weeeeee!

Fun show.  

Loved how Yuta outwrestled Camorato all the while suspended in the air.

I knew people were going to get fussy about the Sammy barbed wire spot.  But I think the earlier suggestion of tv time remaining is a reasonable explanation.  I’m going to allow it.

Dax and Cash delivered what I thought would be a good first match in a series.  But is leaving me wanting more the desired effect if this is a one and done? ****

Archer leading Wardlow through a big hoss fight was a job well done.  The foundation is being laid for making this Wardog fellow a big BIG star.  Don’t fuck it up.

Missed the first part of Shida/Deeb.  But it was a very good fight and finale to this feud.  I’m with most of you in the belief that it’s time to push Deeb into the title scene and a main event.

Thunder Bae was looking mighty fine. Brandonetico remains calm.

AEW Galaxy?  That’s got heat with me brother brother brother.  Like a fireball in my face.

I love you AEW.

Edited by Brandon Bones
Catchphrase omission.
  • Like 7

43 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

I love Punk/Hangman as a big main event because for the first time…ever? I’m not sure who will win the AEW title. Feels like that title has had a well written but clear story all the way from All Out 1 to now, and now I can’t wait to see what happens. 

Maybe Cody/Jericho had some doubt in it. But not like this one IMO.

For me it was Adam Page vs. Bryan Danielson I, Adam Page vs. Bryan Danielson II and Adam Page vs. CM Punk. I'm thinking Punk wins and goes to AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door in Chicago as AEW World Champion. MJF wins it from Punk in the trilogy match.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Loved the way they had FTR enter through separate tunnels at the same time. That match was solid. But god damn did this crowd suck. The past 3 / 4 weeks I've praised how good the crowds were but this week was bad. They would be dead. Then chant shit out of nowhere. Then back to dead. I have no idea why. But it really hurt this match in the same way a hot ass crowd would have elevated it.

It was dope seeing the real Wardlow get a chance to peak out. They've had him so limited for so long, once the handcuffs are off dude will blow your mind with the kind of stuff he's capable of.

I've hated the Alex 4th grader Halloween costume but I will give them credit for having a plan with it. One cool moment doesn't really negate weeks of cringe. But at least they were doing it for a reason and not just because people thought it looked good or added to the act.

Where's JT at? Has his opinion of Kaz letting Scorp jump the line changed since Scorpio was successful? Sammy & Tay are so hated and it happened so quick. Could do without the gimmicked barbed wire tho. You're telling me exposed backs crashing into barbed wire leave no marks / punctures? Rightt....

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Greggulator said:

I hope they really lean into it and announce the donation MJF made to Temple University for the luxury box. 

Hedley+Lamarr.jpg

"Too Jewish."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wrestling live always rules. 

I got there in time to catch the end of Dark Elevation. Good that the dudes who jobbed to The Dark Order managed to quickly get jobs as staff as Wardlaw's jailers with a pretty quick turnaround.

I went to see Dax/Cash. I loved the presentation from the start - both came out together, but from different sides of the entrance ramp. Great touch to the story of the match and also a really efficient way to start the show. Awesome match. Those two could have a new Malenko/Guerrero series if they wanted. Also, if they were to ever split, they'd have a sick blood feud. But I really hope this is the only time we see this match, because it was pretty perfect.

Wardlaw is a fucking monster. WTF was that huricanrana? Cass coming in for a bit is going to be fun. But have they done anything with whatever Rowan from The Wyatt Family's name is at all? That dude was a really good lumbering beast type. 

I really hate a lot of the Jericho Appreciation Society worked-shoot sports entertainment cheapheat stuff. Like, a lot. It's just cheapheat and lowest common denominator. But... at the same time it's made 2.0 fun and interesting and it's making Daniel Garcia look like a possible main event player down the like? Garcia really stood out to me in the Punk match a few months ago when he did some great character stuff like a little mindfulness drill when he was in control to settle himself down. Also, Jake Hager in person is one of the weirdest looking humans I've ever seen.

The Deeb/Shida match was eh. The feud wasn't strong enough to warrant a lengthy gimmick match. IMO, they're both gatekeepers. Deeb's an awesome mechanic but doesn't pop character wise. Shida pops a little bit character wise but doesn't do anything for me in-ring. 

Blackpool Combat Club was fantastic. Yuta's push is working. He's a great underdog. They're still using him as that, since the heat segment was on him. It makes sense that an undersized young wrestler should struggle against bigger vets. And then he taps into the hard work that has started and looks like a conqueror at the end with the three submissions. 

That main event was... something. It really looked like Sammy at least broke a collarbone on that crazy dive. He completely whiffed on that, and it felt like they were debating stopping the match. A lot of scrambling around the ring for things that I'm assuming weren't on camera. Sammy and Conti are a really great act. Scorpio Sky is also a really great face. I'm really curious to see where they go next with Scorpio.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Brandon Bones said:

Weeeeee!

Dax and Cash delivered what I thought would be a good first match in a series.  But is leaving me wanting more the desired effect if this is a one and done? ****

Hmmm, what about a return match as a tribute during the PPV with the Owen Hart Cup finals, with Dax giving Cash a win back, and keeping a rubber match in their pocket for down the line.

Cash smiling on the mat after the flash pin while Harwood was crying was phenomenal. Good camera work, and good on AEW for letting all that post-match stuff soak in.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, just drew said:

The pace of this show is really moving. That's a good thing. The little segment with Starks & Hobbs and Jurassic Express ruled. Imagine having Ricky Starks on the payroll and thinking "you know what we need this week? Another Adam Cole match." Starks is the most effortlessly cool guy on the roster, and I hope this is the year he gets elevated to the next level.

I agreed with a lot of what you said (that I snipped) but I had this exact same thought last night. Ricky Starks is a future superstar, they should be using Cole to build and put over guys like him.  

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I agreed with a lot of what you said (that I snipped) but I had this exact same thought last night. Ricky Starks is a future superstar, they should be using Cole to build and put over guys like him.  

I know you're not referencing age but rather how each guy has been pushed but pretty crazy that Cole and Starks are both 32. Cole has been a main event act in a shit ton of companies forever while Starks feels still like a guy just getting his first push. 

• Like 4

Cole is so weird. He's beyond over. He got over huge in NXT. He started out huge in NXT because even though I skipped out on ROH he figured out how to get over there. There's no way to deny that. He's doing something right. But he's just not good at the same time? 

I know a lot of people hated on the idea of Adam Cole managing a heel Keith Lee in WWE... but I sort of think that's actually the best possible pairing for both? Keith Lee is really over but, at least in my eyes, he'd be a better heel since he comes off as naturally smug and smarter-than-thou? 

Adam Cole would also maybe work as an Eddie Guerrero-style "Lie, Cheat, Steal" babyface where you root for him to figure out how to get out of jams. 

• Like 2

It's also looking like we might get an Eddie Kingston title match/hopeful run. Punk namedropped him in the Aaron Sorkin walk-and-talk last night and has been on Twitter. Maybe a Punk title win combined with Eddie vanquishing Jericho gets us there? Or we get Eddie/Punk II in a Top Contender's match? 

Either way, sign me up. They could have pulled the trigger on a big Eddie run with the Punk arc. You can't always pull the trigger for different things that are in store. But Eddie getting in the title picture would be epic. 

• Like 4

I have no idea how anyone else feels, but this is now the most invested I've been in Scorpio Sky. I think this win may have finally helped him get over. 

And if that's case for more people than just me, then props to the booking and Scorp for staying the course, sticking to trying to get over, pivoting to being a face if this wasn't always the plan, and finding a way to get over.

We've seen the same thing happen with Yuta and it's awesome to see long term booking pay off in these guys getting over.

• Like 5