WHICH TEAM ARE YOU ON? - Dynamite - 4/27/2022

DEAN

WHICH TEAM ARE YOU ON?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Which team are you on?

• Cash Wheeler (Mullet)
    • Dax Harwood (Bald)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2022 at 08:51 AM

The predictably excellent Cash v Dax bout continues the sportsmanship theme that is so smart and so welcomed in mainstream prime time wrestling.  AEDub!  Blackpool Combat Club kinda sorta bringing back the endless joy of the squash match.  Yeah, yeah Comoroto - even more pleased to see the fabulous low card heel QT shine on a Wednesday night.  Regal! Yuta! Danielson! Moxley! AEDub!  Fucking Lance Archer is a great big man worker, and kinda sorta just gave Wardlow his best match.  At a star a minute that's five stars.  Rewrite the star rendering system.  Toni/Britt/Jamie bounce back from last week's dull promo segment, and do so by the seemingly all around most improved player - Ruby Soho!  No more wooden WWE written promo stain on that one!  Let's get that tag match booked.  Christian waters the planted seeds of his glorious turn on Jungle Boy.  When Ricky Starks speaks some times you can feel him inching closer to the top of the card.  And we all love feasting our eyes on P-P-Powerhouse!  I wished for Daddy Magic Matt Minard to lead the townhall, but was pleasantly surprised to see Cool Hand Ange with a mic in his hand.  Garcia is a goddamned bright shining star.  Eddie Kingston is obviously an absolute treasure.  Dug the Jericho silliness at the end.  So goddamn thankful for the thrill of the fireball!  I had worry going in that weapons would diminish the returns of Shida-Deeb.  I had no worry coming out.  Can we all just WILL SERENA DEEB TO THE TOP OF THE CARD.  They need to get their best ladies the most TV time.  Guevara-Scorpio was mostly good.  My biggest complaint was not the no sell of the barbed wire fall from Sammy (that one is all on the TV time running out), it was Scorpio's unrealistic and poorly placed slow climbs ('my back hurts ya see?').  But he was great elsewhere and scored a huge win that I hope helps elevate him further.  His promos have been good too.  Fun involvement with Tay and Page.  Looking forward to the mixed tag.  I had no idea who MJF was referring to, but the crowd did, and so did most of you.  I am only familiar with whom you speak of as 'W Morrissey', as he is known in Impact Wrestling, and where he has been a fantastic big man.  Further, I like a redemption story, but no way Wardy's going down.  Stoked to have Rey Fenix back in the fold!  House of Black v Death Triangle!  AEDub!  Swerve v Darby!  Deonna Motherfucking Purrazzo!  Still waiting on Claudio or the reunited Kings of Wrestling, but Deonna will certainly suffice! 

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

When MJF first started playing up the size of Wardlow's next opponent I thought it was going to be Big Show.

I really wanna see Big Paul die a quick death to Wardy.  But I'd like him to wear a loose fitting pant as to less accentuate his badly bowed knees.    

I loved all but one segment on this show. I'll let you guess what that was. At least they had the good sense to keep all the business exposing geeks in one match. Undisputed Elite? Hardly, because I wholeheartedly dispute the "elite" status of all five men in the group. 

Dax vs. Cash was predictably wonderful. Just an absolute joy. Powerful finish, too. I'm not as stoked as some for Page/Punk but it'll be a good match at least.

The pace of this show is really moving. That's a good thing. The little segment with Starks & Hobbs and Jurassic Express ruled. Imagine having Ricky Starks on the payroll and thinking "you know what we need this week? Another Adam Cole match." Starks is the most effortlessly cool guy on the roster, and I hope this is the year he gets elevated to the next level.

BCC was again a glorious display of wrestling violence. If I have one critique it's that they give their opponents too much offense. They could've cut most of the Factory's offense and the match would've been just as good, if not better.

Serena Deeb is really really fun to watch in ring. It's too bad she's such a wildly mediocre promo. Find her a manager. Someone no one else in AEW currently employs. 

Holy shit is Wardlow a star. Every week I bet Vince watches Dynamite and thinks "who let that big bastard leave the PC without a contract?" 

Scratch that. Bruce Prichard watches Dynamite every week and thinks "no one tell Vince I let that big bastard leave the PC without a contract offer." Lance Archer went out of his way to make Wardlow look an absolute killer. Big props to him. Total pro. 

Ruby Soho has really improved as a promo. It was apparent to me that of the four women in that segment, that Britt is the least comfortable on the mic currently. That's a problem. 

The ten man was fine. Dante Martin deserves better. I just don't give a shit about the nXt guys or the Jacksons at all. Just more self-referential indyriffic nonsense that alienates all but the most hardcore of viewers. Again, a Ricky Starks match or Andrade match could've been here, but instead we needed to again be reminded how invincible the Jacksons are.

I'm not sure why you'd bring Morrissey to AEW without Nzo, but iiwii. Those guys have worked hard to put their problematic pasts behind them, and I was a fan of both guys in WWE, so hopefully Morrissey looks good.

The JAS/Kingston segment was gold. Eddie Kingston is a national treasure. That end piece with Jericho where he talked a bout putting guys in the ground. Dope shit. Just talking people into buildings. Badass.

Enjoyed the main, but Uncle Tony's gotta work the timing issues out. I have a TV production degree. I've timed out shows. I'll gladly do that job for less than the guy he's currently paying to do it. Happy for Scorpio Sky. Hopefully the TNT Title can move on to some fresh opponents. 

All in all a really good show, with only one match dragged down by insane levels of pretentiousness. Rampage looks dope.

• Like 5

Just now, John from Cincinnati said:

Since you didn’t mention it, I’m guessing... House of Black and them bailing hard on the Spooky Alex gimmick! 

LOLOL. Shit, I did forget that segment. Truthfully, this pairing doesn't do a ton for me. I want Death Triangle and HOB both winning feuds, and someone's gotta eat an "L" here. I'll take Mathews/Fenix as many times as they want to run it, though...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Anyone else expecting Eddie Kingston to bring in Homicide again and Hernandez to even the odds against JAS?

I mean, if we don't get Cide trying to pour Drano down Jericho's mouth, then WTF are we even doing here?

BTW, we then need a cut to a frightened Colt after that.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 3

I REALLY love 2.0 since they joined up with Jericho and are just leaning into their douchey goofiness ("Hey newsman, you wanna scoop?") and the JSA introduction mirroring the old WWE intros is so good and a big pop for "The AEW Galaxy!" Fireball was good, then turned silly with the announcers going "There's no place for that!" "Sickening" "Here's what's coming up!" in such short order.

Not to get all Caleynetico...but I honestly don't remember anything after Hikaru Shida's outfit....

• Like 7

4 hours ago, EVA said:

Prayer circle for Morrissey to bring nZo with him.

Oh shit.

Can we get Morrissey/nZo vs The Acclaimed in a promo/rap battle? Don't even need a match. Just let them throw shade for a few minutes each.

4 hours ago, Casey said:

Yeah, I'm fine with Big Cass coming in for a one shot. He had his demons, and is trying to get over them - that's commendable. And it's not like this Big Cass is the Cass we last saw in WWE, dude was fuckin' shredded last time I saw a picture of him.

FRZNZr1XMAEJtL7?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1