WHICH TEAM ARE YOU ON? - Dynamite - 4/27/2022

DEAN

WHICH TEAM ARE YOU ON?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Which team are you on?

• Cash Wheeler (Mullet)
    • Dax Harwood (Bald)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2022 at 08:51 AM

Dax gets all the love in the team and the most singles matches so I'd say give Cash a chance to see what he can do.

Obviously its been two years now and I still get their stupid names wrong so I voted Dax by mistake.

My brain always has to go "wait so Dax is the Axe according to Jr, which is the bald one right". Still got it wrong.

Edited by eikerir
  • Thanks 1

Lmao I just went through the whole thread after voting, instant classic.

It got me wondering, WHY? Why is it so hard to remember their names? They don't even look alike. I don't think we have this issues with teams like the Bucks, Top Flight, Varsity Blondes, etc where both guys look quite similar, so why is it so difficult with Cax and Dash?

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, eikerir said:

Lmao I just went through the whole thread after voting, instant classic.

It got me wondering, WHY? Why is it so hard to remember their names? They don't even look alike. I don't think we have this issues with teams like the Bucks, Top Flight, Varsity Blondes, etc where both guys look quite similar, so why is it so difficult with Cax and Dash?

It's because they have generic WWE-style names.

• Like 1

I feel like what I saw of their NXT & WWE run, Dax was the superior worker by quite a stretch. Cash has not only closed the gap in AEW but I think he's the more interesting of the two. He's more emotive in the ring, he has all sorts of neat little spontaneous reactions to things, and his execution is flawless. He also tries slightly less to be a carbon copy of other wrestlers like Dax does. And Dax is also the most insufferable human on wrestling twitter and think of the ground that covers.

Kind of glad Bret is on a WWE contract so he doesn't have to get Dax's tears on him.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jiji said:

I feel like what I saw of their NXT & WWE run, Dax was the superior worker by quite a stretch. Cash has not only closed the gap in AEW but I think he's the more interesting of the two. He's more emotive in the ring, he has all sorts of neat little spontaneous reactions to things, and his execution is flawless. He also tries slightly less to be a carbon copy of other wrestlers like Dax does. And Dax is also the most insufferable human on wrestling twitter and think of the ground that covers.

Kind of glad Bret is on a WWE contract so he doesn't have to get Dax's tears on him.

Allright!  Start up the Cash Wheeler Wagon!  LATE SURGE OF VOTES!

I think Cash had a better back half of 2021 but Dax has really shined in 2022 so far. That said, while Dax does everything well and some things extremely well, I do like Cash's reactions in the moment. He has that sort of transcendent Eddy Guerrero/Negro Casas/Nick Bockwinkel/Buddy Rose level of presence at times where it's not just hitting spots and it's not just stooging but it's being on to the level that he's embodying a truth of of what is happening in any specific moment. Not always but sometimes and that's sort of the highest level of pro wrestling that there can possibly be, where you're no longer just performing but where you've created an entire new reality around you.

It's really FTR-Manneveau and FTR-Gessat by the way.

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I think Cash had a better back half of 2021 but Dax has really shined in 2022 so far. That said, while Dax does everything well and some things extremely well, I do like Cash's reactions in the moment. He has that sort of transcendent Eddy Guerrero/Negro Casas/Nick Bockwinkel/Buddy Rose level of presence at times where it's not just hitting spots and it's not just stooging but it's being on to the level that he's embodying a truth of of what is happening in any specific moment. Not always but sometimes and that's sort of the highest level of pro wrestling that there can possibly be, where you're no longer just performing but where you've created an entire new reality around you.

It's really FTR-Manneveau and FTR-Gessat by the way.

Hide contents

The Cash Bandwagon picks up steam!  DARK HORSE SURGE!

1 minute ago, southofheavy said:

Who would Gigolo Jimmy Del Ray vote for? 

Cash. 

That settles it for me.

CASH! CASH! CASH! CASH! CASH! 

(I didn't actually vote for Cash.)

I have an easier time voting for Dax when I'm 90% sure Cash is winning the match.

The names get mixed up because, as the Revival, one of them was named Dash. And then there's a Dax AND Cash? That doesn't make a lick of sense. Come to think of it, everything about their team + solo names is kinda wonky. Very WWE random name generator.

The Wu-Tang Clan Name Generator thinks Dax & Cash should be called "Violent Bastard" and "Sarkastik Assassin", for the record.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, AxB said:

So you know how CM Punk is doing a whole Bret Hart tribute thing nowadays? Well, remember how the Hart Foundation started in 1997? Bret came to the ring and interrupted a match between Owen and Davey, which had gotten out of hand and turned into more of a brawl. You don't think there's any chance that that's where we're going, do you?

And Punk did have his Bret colours on against Dustin...