DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 4/20/22

The Natural

7 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

I think you have this super wrong here. It's pretty clear to me Scorpio asking his friend like a man for a chance to avenge his loss to an old friend, and those promos were pretty clearly "Yeah, we aren't getting the crowd behind Sammy, reset it so Scorpio is the face". Hell, that Page promo, a week after Sammy insulted his abilites as a father was justificiably fired up babyface stuff. 

Friends don't ask friend to defer their title shots.  Sky is being a douchebag.  A true friend would ask his friend for first crack should his friend win the title.  That's what real men do

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Friends don't ask friend to defer their title shots.  Sky is being a douchebag.  A true friend would ask his friend for first crack should his friend win the title.  That's what real men do

Friends who got screwed out of the biggest accomplishment of there career via a Low Blow asking a friend of 20 years if he can get next shot isn't a douchebag move. If he lost clean, sure. Not after losing via Low Blow. 

• Like 2

I loved how wonderfully simple Punk/Dustin was with how they did the match. I feel a need to at least see it another time or two to look for the little things that made it such a sublime match to watch. Also dug the pink and black Punk had on. 

Speaking of which I'm blown away yet not surprised FTR wants in on the tournament. No matter the result we all win. 

• Like 6

That was a really awesome show. Killer opener. I really particularly enjoyed Dustin doing cross Rhodes into the piledriver, I thought that looked awesome. Loved Punk's Bret tribute gear. Speaking of gear: I also thought of the board when I saw Yuta's new gear. Mission accomplished!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Friends who got screwed out of the biggest accomplishment of there career via a Low Blow asking a friend of 20 years if he can get next shot isn't a douchebag move. If he lost clean, sure. Not after losing via Low Blow. 

So Sky dishonors Kaz by using their friendship as leverage to avenge a dirty loss to Sammy Guevara.  Seems selfish, but okay..

Ethan Page and Dan Lambert weren't out there trying to enforce match integrity during Sky's title defense.  They were there to help Sky cheat and Sky got beat to the punch.  This line of logic that Sky got somehow got screwed is just Sky living and dying by the sword.  I am unsympathetic. 

Edited by J.T.

Just now, J.T. said:

So Sky dishonors Kaz by using friendship as leverage to avenge a dirty loss.  Okay..

Idk man... asking the guy that called himself the Elite Hunter and couldn't beat any of the Elite to sidestep that obvious L... doesn't seem like that shitty of a thing for a real friend to ask to me lol. 'Hey dude can you just skip over this forgone conclusion and let me have a rematch with the dude that won by hitting me in the dick? Cool I owe you one.' Perfectly reasonable to me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

'Hey dude can you just skip over this forgone conclusion and let me have a rematch with the dude that won by hitting me in the dick? Cool I owe you one.' 

Sky lost after Sammy Guevara cheated before Ethan Page and Dan Lambert could help Sky cheat first.  I am unmoved.

Rewarding Scorpio Sky's bad behavior in a loss just because Sammy behaved badly and won is fucking stupid.

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, Gordlow said:

My guess? 

Tony bought Chocopro.

I was slightly off.

If Tony's huge announcement didn't have you marking right out, I'm not sure what to say...

Cole vs Ishii. Switchblade in AEW.

Ya know who's ready for more Stone Pitbull in AEW?I

Zh9tQCj.jpg

Gordlow is ready.

We also getting Archer yeeting Sir Pentico, Mad King vs Red Death, DAX VS CASH?!?! Are you kidding me?!?!

Every time Punk sells a body part or Darby sells severe body trauma, I worry that they are legit hurt.

? Dustin's blue gear. Also, buy-able near falls.

I am stoked for Wardlow to eventually just break those cuffs.

white hot crowd yet again.

? Regal on commentary. Also saving Moriarty for the hawt tag.

? The FTRs. We lost?!?

I like "The Red Dragon's Young Bay Bays" as a name for that group.

? Forbidden Door as a PPV name.

Tropical Rainforest Lad vs Reilly O'Kyle was some very very good professional wrestling, and I love the outcome of that match.

That lavender suit!

Handsome Hearted Cold Devil vs Goofy Demon!

Also vs a Workhorseman! 

Here's my complaint: I wanted a JD Drake run-in.

Very much looking forward to reading what the various cranky grandpas, joyless scolds, disingenuous complainers, and paid trolls choose to complain about this week! Legitimately so. It takes some real creativity to pull a Cornette these days, in my opinion.

Tay and Sammy are in love. BOOOO! BOOOO!

Do not think I have seen a heel vs heel ladder match or heel vs heel mixed tag before. Maybe Kana & MiSu vs Syuri & Fujiwara???

Britt in Pittsburgh with the Brett in Calgary pop!!

Steelers TE and RB having fun made me have more fun, too.

Who were House of Black cutting that promo on? I feel like I should know...

That Coughing Match was nutzoid.

I will NEVER get tired of Deeb vs Shida.

Sting and Blade should team in the future. Stingblade. Mmmmmm-hmmmm.

Good Lord. Dax vs Cash. Wow.

*slouches back off into lurking mode*

Edit: Hook has Taz' genes. I am glad he's enjoying his hair while he still has it.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

I was slightly off.

If Tony's huge announcement didn't have you marking right out, I'm not sure what to say...

Cole vs Ishii. Switchblade in AEW.

Ya know who's ready for more Stone Pitbull in AEW?I

Zh9tQCj.jpg

Gordlow is ready.

We also getting Archer yeeting Sir Pentico, Mad King vs Red Death, DAX VS CASH?!?! Are you kidding me?!?!

Every time Punk sells a body part or Darby sells severe body trauma, I worry that they are legit hurt.

? Dustin's blue gear. Also, buy-able near falls.

I am stoked for Wardlow to eventually just break those cuffs.

white hot crowd yet again.

? Regal on commentary. Also saving Moriarty for the hawt tag.

? The FTRs. We lost?!?

I like "The Red Dragon's Young Bay Bays" as a name for that group.

? Forbidden Door as a PPV name.

Tropical Rainforest Lad vs Reilly O'Kyle was some very very good professional wrestling, and I love to outcome of that match.

That lavender suit!

Handsome Hearted Cold Devil vs Goofy Demon!

Also vs a Workhorseman! 

Here's my complaint: I wanted a JD Drake run-in.

Very much looking forward to reading what the various cranky grandpas, joyless scolds, disingenuous complainers, and paid trolls choose to complain about this week! 

Tay and Sammy are in love. BOOOO! BOOOO!

Do not think I have seen a heel vs heel ladder match or heel vs heel mixed tag before. Maybe Kana & MiSu vs Syuri & Fujiwara???

Britt in Pittsburgh with the Brett in Calgary pop!!

Steelers TE and RB having fun made me have more fun, too.

Who were House of Black cutting that promo on? I feel like I should know...

That Coughing Match was nutzoid.

I will NEVER get tired of Deeb vs Shida.

Sting and Blade should team in the future. Stingblade. Mmmmmm-hmmmm.

Good Lord. Dax vs Cash. Wow.

*slouches back off into lurking mode*

Danhausen vs Yano isn't the dream match we need, it's the dream match we DESERVE!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1