DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 4/20/22

The Natural

FQo2LQ8XwAkizZ_?format=jpg&name=small

Looked forward to Dustin Rhodes vs. CM Punk since announced on last week's live Rampage. Also looking forward to Darby Allin vs. Andrade El Idolo Coffin match. Here's hoping it's not a Last Rites one like TNA.

Speaking of announcements, here's hoping it's the rumoured AEW/NJPW Super Show.

Dr Britt Baker back for the first time since losing her AEW Women's World Championship to Thunder Rosa and it's her hometown.

It's Wednesday and you know what that means, well Thursday morning at stupid o'clock UK time.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

Do you know what happens if we suddenly decide not to start a Dynamite thread early? A wrestling promotion that’s competitive with the one on the NASDAQ would have to run their premier television show without us suggesting extra dream matches that hundreds if not thousands of people are clamoring for! A billionaire reads a wrestling thread and you think we’re the billionaires? *Cries in poor* We aren’t the post readers.  We are the ones who post. 
37-F772-AF-14-CA-4218-856-A-D2-C210-A4-E

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

46 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I want them to piggyback on the Sting makeup from that six man tag and introduce PunkDust as a psychological warfare tactic. 

That was such a great visual, thanks for the reminder!

• Like 1

If I created this thread I would have so set the title to "Dynamite:  Smoke 'em if you got 'em!"  Side note:  I think the measure to legalize marijuana is on the Maryland ballot this year so I would be beyond thrilled if that passed.

Anyway, I'm most excited for Punk/Dustin and also mildly curious about the announcement TK will have.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, DEAN said:

Isn't Konosuke Takeshita lurking around AEW now?  Takeshita vs Lee Moriarty!  BOOK IT, TONY!

I'm gonna second this one to be willed into existence.  I'd also like to add to the 'will into exisitence' qeue: 50-75% less 'Cold Hearted Handsome Devil' calls from Excalibur every time the name Hook is mentioned.  And how about a tag team match featuring 'Daddy Magic' Matt Minard and 'Cool Hand Ange' Angelo Parker?  

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2

Hey, it's the BCC against three guys who would be the next great addition to the BCC!  WHEELER YUTA HAS BOOTS~!   Our beloved board is lurked.  Holy shit this is a great match.  Brock Anderson is the Ricky Morton of this six-man?  Color me surprised..  The lead up to the finish is fucking great.  Hometown hero Lee Moriarty gets put over in the hope spot only for Lee, Brock, and Dante White to get totally beat down.  Dante takes the Paradigm Shift as only he can.  I like to think of this match as an audition and I'd like to believe that either Lee, Brock, or Dante will be the next guy blooded in.

FORBIDDEN DOOR~!  NJPW VS. AEW~!  ADAM COLE VS TOMAHIRO ISHII~!  INJECT DIRECTLY TO THE VEINS~!  Jay White is such a smarmy prick.  Fucking Chicago gets the PPV the rest of the country would love to host.  Why couldn't this shit be in say, Norfolk or Washington DC?  I hate my geographical location. 

Jade Cargill cuts an arrogant promo.  She will learn the bitter lesson that Conan learned.  Success will test a person more than defeat can.  I hope this match holds up. 

Wardlow comes out to meet The Butcher in cuffs.  It is great.  As if he wasn't already sold as completely dangerous. Not the prettiest match, but look who is in the ring.  Who wants to see arm drags and drop toe holds with these two monsters in the ring?  I like how Wardlow's berserk button is getting power bombed himself.  

KoR vs Jungle Boy starts off as a chess match and I am a lover of all things technical and scientific.  Both men abandon grappling in favor of striking pretty quickly but that's okay!  Why has it taken me so long to figure out that O'Reilly and Fish have gone back to the reDRagon tradition of deliberately not wearing the color red to ringside?  Kyle attacks Jungle Boy's base while Perry tries to neutralize O'Reilly's striking.  What a match!  For a minute there, I thought Kyle was going to pay homage to mentor Davey Richards and win with an Ankle Lock.  Kyle wins with his NXT kneedrop finisher after hitting not the best brainbuster in AEW.  We have an RoH quarterfinal match.  Joe will kill Kyle O'Reilly.

Wardlow vs. Lance Archer?  I'm in.  Did Jake The Snake just quote the Pat Benatar song about child abuse?  

Even with his hair not all the way fluffed, Hook is way over.  Anthony Henry is no slouch, but he is not the quality opposition Hook needs to get to the next level.  Danhausen vs Hook may be the overest match AEW will ever book.

Scorpio Sky pulls the dick move of appealing to Kaz's SCU bond in order to weasel his way ahead of the TNT challenger line.  This so Mid-South.  It is Bob Sweetan asking Scott Casey to stand aside so that he can get one more crack at Ted DiBiase.

Sammy wears fur like a true pimp should and Tay is looking super hot.  Fuck the haters, Sammy.  Scorpio Sky is supposed to be the heel, yet  he comes out and cuts a babyface promo.  Page and Dan Lambert do their level best to remind the crowd that the Men of the Year are heels, but the crowd does not listen.  So we have TayVara vs. VanZant and Sky?  Okay.  I hope that Paige is practicing that switch kick.

House of Black vignette is totally great  Brody King and Buddy Matthews clean up nicely.

Poor Daniella.  Not only is Britt Baker hella over in her hometown, she comes to the ring with Pittsburg Steelers and her parents are ringside.  Daniella accepts her role as de facto heel and the little bit I can see in PiP is pretty sloppy.  The Terrible Towel spot is a great lead into Britt's comeback, though.  She has a Black and Yella glove for the Lockjaw!  WE GOIN' TO THE SUPA BOWL~!  Britt cuts a tweener promo running down her competition.  The Toni Storm dig is kinda nice. 

Cash vs. Dax will be like when Demolition were the first two guys in the Royal Rumble and beat the living shit out of each other.  I am stoked.

Andrade vs. Darby has a huge mountain to climb.  Only Mil Muertes has been in the two of the three coffin matches I have ever liked and he is not a member of the AFO.   This match gets out of hand early and it is beautiful.  Sting is a sixty year old man doing stage dives.  What the fuck, bro?  My hip hurts just watching it.  I am enjoying the chaos because this shit isn't even trying to be a proper wrestling match.  Maybe it is the lack of a lights out quality that has kept other casket matches from achieving greatness?  The tope spot is maybe a little too precisely set up, but who cares.  Jose comes out in full Clay Burton glasses off mode, but it is too late.  The thumb tacks in the lid were a nice touch.  Darby gets a well deserved win to keep himself relevant in the mix.  It ain't Su Yung vs. Allie levels of coffin match goodness, but it wasn't the worst coffin match either.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Scorpio Sky pulls the dick move of appealing to Kaz's SCU bond in order to weasel his way ahead of the TNT challenger line.  This so Mid-South.  It is Bob Sweetan asking Scott Casey to stand aside so that he can get one more crack at Ted DiBiase.

Sammy wears fur like a true pimp should and Tay is looking super hot.  Fuck the haters, Sammy.  Scorpio Sky is supposed to be the heel, yet  he comes out and cuts a babyface promo.  Page and Dan Lambert do their level best to remind the crowd that the Men of the Year are heels, but the crowd does not listen.  So we have TayVara vs. VanZant and Sky?  Okay.  I hope that Paige is practicing that switch kick.

I think you have this super wrong here. It's pretty clear to me Scorpio asking his friend like a man for a chance to avenge his loss to an old friend, and those promos were pretty clearly "Yeah, we aren't getting the crowd behind Sammy, reset it so Scorpio is the face". Hell, that Page promo, a week after Sammy insulted his abilites as a father was justificiably fired up babyface stuff. 

• Like 6