DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 4/18 - 4/24/2022

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Phantom Lord said:

I saw they split up Rhea and Liv. Why can't we have nice things?

Thou Shalt Not Steal

Thou Shalt Not Kill

Thou Shalt Not Be A Tag Team In The WWE

• Like 2

1 hour ago, just drew said:

Lexi K debuting in Daily’s Place this fall is gonna be LIT…

Is she on good terms with Matthews?Creepy Lexi turning up for the House of Black would be fine by me.

Otherwise I'm all for AEW signing more 'name' women's talent in general. 

Austin Theory or just Theory or just Austin or Stone Cold Steve Theory looks like a terrifying anime character in that photo. 

I turned on in time for the wedding, which was mostly ignored, put on mute, and entirely too long. Then the next thing is Cody's music and he's facing Owens so I paid attention. Kevin was big on Liger moves tonight. Then they shit all over the finish though it kinda worked too? Who cares, it's Raw.

Enjoyed the women's tag. If there's any team that is going to continue to come up with new combos to beat teams, it's going to be Naomi and Sasha. Also, good continuity move, having them be Tamina's bridesmaids. Unity!!! 

It's obvious that Rhea is being groomed for Bianca, which should be good. But we also will hopefully get a nice series with her and Liv in the meantime. 

I've never been as high on Alexa Bliss as many but also didn't think she was terrible either. My favorite Bliss is "face w/Nikki" Bliss and creepy Bliss when she's not no-selling Asuka. Having said that, it's crazy that creative can't find anything after investing in a whole storyline to bring her back. Plus, she always appeared a decent merch mover. I can already think of at least a dozen things to do with her character between brands. 

9 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Is she on good terms with Matthews?Creepy Lexi turning up for the House of Black would be fine by me.

Otherwise I'm all for AEW signing more 'name' women's talent in general. 

He always says nice things about her in interviews. Apparently they share custody of some dogs (which is the most Caucasian sentence I’ll write today).

Alexa’s not a great worker. Her value is in her star power. If I were TK, I’d be putting a pitch together for her that included Cody & Brandi’s time slot for Alexa and her d list husband. She could wrestle 12 times a year, do a reality show where she could parade all her and Ryan’s “I love the 90’s” music friends, and try to get her a scripted show on hbomax or something. Cross branding & shit. She’s being wasted on Vince & his lack of vision. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, just drew said:

He always says nice things about her in interviews. Apparently they share custody of some dogs (which is the most Caucasian sentence I’ll write today).

Alexa’s not a great worker. Her value is in her star power. If I were TK, I’d be putting a pitch together for her that included Cody & Brandi’s time slot for Alexa and her d list husband. She could wrestle 12 times a year, do a reality show where she could parade all her and Ryan’s “I love the 90’s” music friends, and try to get her a scripted show on hbomax or something. Cross branding & shit. She’s being wasted on Vince & his lack of vision. 

That's actually brilliant.

I'd personally hate it but I know enough people that would absorb every second of that shit.

• Like 1

So what prompted all this Alexa Bliss talk? Are they doing an angle implying she's out of WWE or something?

As I mentioned in the video game folder, the latest patch for WWE 2K22 seems to have changed her name from "Alexa Bliss" to "Alexa Bliss '21", and I don't understand why.

1 hour ago, tbarrie said:

So what prompted all this Alexa Bliss talk? Are they doing an angle implying she's out of WWE or something?

As I mentioned in the video game folder, the latest patch for WWE 2K22 seems to have changed her name from "Alexa Bliss" to "Alexa Bliss '21", and I don't understand why.

There’s some persisting rumors that she’s unhappy it’s her lack of creative in wwe. 

I don’t think she’d actually go to AEW, but they could sure use her. The above post is how I’d get her there.

• Thanks 1

Sarray versus Tiffany Stratton was good considering how green Stratton is.   She's already pretty good.  Grayson Waller takes fifteen Beel Manouvers and we all rejoice.  Waller takes an assbeating from Sanga like a CHAMP!  Hey!  It's the former ROK-C, Roxanne Perez!  Drake and Gibson are the Grizzled Young Veterans and they are old fashioned Southern heels.  Legado del Fantasmo are a wacky Rock and Roll Express.  That was a crazy little match.  Santos Escobar and Carmelo Hayes are wearing the same pants!  This match is good.  They gave this a lot of time and told a story about Hayes ruining his back.  Escobar has some great offense.  Fuckery allows Hayes to hit a giant toprope legdrop.  That was good.  The finish was cheap  but everything before and after was solid.  Natalya kills Tatum Paxley who bridges the gap between Chelsea Green and Britt Baker in looking exactly alike.  Natalya is fucking awesome.  She gives Paxley waaay too much but she is old school.  Man, there is a lot of wrestling on this show tonight.  Xyon Quinn is impressive.  That finish was fucking GNARLEY.  Oh awesome- Roxanne Perez versus Jacey Jayne.  Roxanne is tiny compared to Toxic Attraction.  Roxanne wins by Wendy Choo fuckery!  Next week,  Roxanne beats Gigi Dolin!  Prolly!  YES! PRETTY DEADLY!  Man, I love the Adrian Street blouses.  It's against the two guys who make out competitively with their ladies.  Lumis and Hudson are all about wrecking the buttholes of Pretty Deadly.  Lumis and Hudson don't want these goodlookin' British dudes around their women, with their fancy accents and fancy dandy clothes!  Hudson is a fun house a-fire!  There are a bunch of HOT NEARFALLS!   Finish was slightly anti-climatic but that was good.  We are working towards a match with the Creed Brothers and that will rule.  That was a good two hours of wrestling.

• Like 4

Sarray/Stratton was Stratton's best match so far. Pity Sarray lost.

Legado vs. GYV was short but so good.

Escobar/Hayes was pretty solid even with Hayes being off a few times.

Waller/Sanga was fun for Sanga tossing Waller all over the ring.

Nattie/Paxley was pretty nice. I like Nattie basically admitting she is coming to take out the future of the women's division before they endanger her spot on the main roster. Might be too early to say, but I kind of wonder if we are getting modified, normal wrestling version of Stop the Matsunaga here. Very curious to see what Nattie does with Nikita Lyons in the coming weeks.

Jacy/Roxanne was a nice showcase for Roxanne even with the fuckery finish. Never saw Roxanne wrestle as ROK-C, but I like what I see so far.

Pretty Deadly vs. Lumis/Hudson was solid stuff and a better look at what Pretty Deadly bring to the table. They are nice little team. Definitely want to see them vs. the Creeds in normal tag for the belts. Hudson and Lumis worked alright together. I like that they weren't doing the expected bickering and just trying to win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Overly Critical Man said:

If Alexa dislikes her current lack of creative direction in WWE, she’ll downright loathe the extremely barren women’s scene in AEW.

Yeah, it’d be a real shame for Alexa to miss the big plans wwe has for her to participate in the Owen Hart tourney or have matches that are actually given time. 

Alexa would be the biggest star in that division the day she walked in the door. You go out of your way to accommodate her…

• Like 1

I agree that was Stratton's best match yet and Sarray was letting her have it lol I fear for the Warrior of the Sun though in new NXT 

Bitter vet Nattie is the best version of her yet. Hope to see her continue to bully the newcomers. Her Vs Nikitta should be fun. 

So happy for the former Rok-C. This was always her dream and I can definitely see her becoming a major player. 

• Like 2