DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 4/18 - 4/24/2022

Dolfan in NYC

I know kayfabe is long dead and buried but, man, just changing Kacy's name to Katana Chance without like any storyline reason or repackaging or even being pulled off TV is just annoying. Like, I dunno if one day Randy Savage came out as Reginald Sanders I'd probably just say 'fuck this" and switch to something else. I cannot fathom being a week to week WWE watcher actually invested in anything. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

FQwdYaIXMAATya4?format=jpg&name=large

Oh Spring Breakin'! When they kept saying it all night I thought it was "Spring Break-In" Like a home invasion.

But why are they have a Spring Break-themed special almost two months after US Spring Break. Heck, even Canadian Spring Break was a month+ before this!

2 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

It's just their Bash at the Beach.

But they own Bash at The Beach again now. Why not use that? Cody sold it back to them and AEW had to change to Beach Break because of it.

Back to collecting dust with the other unused trademarks you go Bash at The Beach.

Because it's better pal.

In NXT 2.0 news, James Drake and Zack Gibson have no first names anymore, so from now on both only have last names – Drake and Gibson. 

Edited by Blue Dragon

6 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

It's just their Bash at the Beach.

But why make it "Spring" themed?! It's May in Florida, isn't it pretty hot already?! I guess they don't want anything else "Summer" themed. 

3 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Because it's better pal.

In NXT 2.0 news, James Drake and Zack Gibson have no first names anymore, so from now on both only have last names – Drake and Gibson. 

I noticed they went out of their way not to call them the Grizzled Young Vets either, just "Drake and Gibson"...and no entrance. And they lost pretty cleanly and decisively.I'd wager their NXT futures might not be very long.

11 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Nah. She’ll get three minutes of promo time since she’s won the title, just like Thunder Rosa has.

If she’s lucky.

Or get shuffled off to Dark never to be seen again. How’s Ruby Soho doing, btw?

If there’s one weakness about AEW since day one(SINCE DAY ONE), it’s the complete lack of time they give to the women who are not named Britt Baker.

Jade Cargill, Jamie Hayter, Toni Storm, Nyla Rose, Tay Conti...

Thunder Rosa's not a good promo. She really shouldn't be talking at all. And I talked about how much I thought it sucked that Ruby's been on Dark every week a couple weeks ago. Alexa's a bigger star than anyone you just named. Having her talk regularly and featuring her in ad campaigns does more for both parties than having her in the ring. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, caley said:

Oh Spring Breakin'! When they kept saying it all night I thought it was "Spring Break-In" Like a home invasion.

But why are they have a Spring Break-themed special almost two months after US Spring Break. Heck, even Canadian Spring Break was a month+ before this!

This will pay off next year when we get Spring Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Kevin Nash about to come in hot 

Also, if I know the internet like I think I know the internet, how on earth does Paul Wight have 2.5x the searches of Mandy Rose? 

It's the small but rabid fanbase behind #RenewTheBigShowShow. 

6 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Because of less PLEs and less matches on PLEs they probably decided they don't need so many titles anymore. Hence the unifications.

Looking up PLE, I'm getting protein-losing enteropathy.

• Haha 2

I think a lot of Vince's weird language quirks are from being ashamed of his upbringing.

"Eww title shot sounds so dirty. It's a championship opportunity pal. EWWWW dubya see dubya had payyy perrr viewsss. That's so low class. We have premium live events. Ted Turner was in the rasslinn business. I'm in the entertainment business."

Bro you're a billionaire living in a mansion. No one sees you as that kid that grew up in a trailer park anymore. Ease up.

Edited by NoFistsJustFlips
Quirks not Quacks lol
  • Like 1

To Vince, Its combination of branding,  thinking "Pro-Wrestling" is low brow, and changing all the terms because he won and he can do whatever he wants to his own company. 

Anway they let Cody say all the terms Vince doesn't use. 

Butch with the old school Pressure Holds was pretty choice.  Butch auditions for the Blackpool Combat Club but Sheamus had to fill him in, I guess.  Butch is fun in a salty British bastard kind of way.  Xavier Woods doesn't match the nastiness even though Butch was yanking on his freaking ear.  Butch is FLASHPINNED!  That was fine.  Hey!  It's Teddy Goodz!  He was on Dark a few weeks ago.  Here, he gets mauled by Gunther.  He didn't maul him very long.  Jey Uso and Matt Riddle was fine.  You need Randy Orton on the apron for the hot tag for this to be really good.  Riddle is a great face in peril but he is less of a singles wrestler.  This match is good though.  Riddle doing his own hot tag by doing Orton's moves is fun.  Riddle beats both Usos without Randy Orton!  I think we know where this is heading.  Madcap Moss is pinning Angel, I'm assumiing.  And he does.  That was quite squashy.  Sami Zayne!  He's fun.  He is once again the Terry Funk of the current WWE.   I like how they had Sheamus beat on Drew McIntyre for Sami to make it more fair.  Sami Zayne is awesome taking an ass beating.  The finish is stupid.  Ineffective Lumberjacks!  Oh well.  That was an okay episode, all in all.

Woods/Butch was decent, no quite as good as their first match.

Riddle/Jey was solid.

The lumberjack match sucked and felt a bit rushed.

The women's tag segment was decent. If Shayna and Nattie came off as an actually team I might have been interested. I'm sure the eventual match will be fine, but I do wish WWE would consider hiring and making more teams for the women's division.

• Like 1

There is no opponent for Roman yet for WMBL, they could decide Roman vs Drew. Roman has no injury at all and has been working only dark matches.

The new approach for dark matches is to have both brands Superstars working dark matches for either Raw and Smackdown shows.

Spoiler

They decided on Roman vs Drew.

Edited by Blue Dragon

58 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

There is no opponent for Roman yet for WMBL, they could decide Roman vs Drew. Roman has no injury at all and has been working only dark matches.

The new approach for dark matches is to have both brands Superstars working dark matches for either Raw and Smackdown shows.

Reveal hidden contents

They decided on Roman vs Drew.

Spoiler

Agreed.