DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 4/18 - 4/24/2022

Dolfan in NYC

I honestly can't tell if she's being sarcastic or not. 

--

[EDIT -  FWIW, r/sc is saying that SRS's report is: Bliss is pissed off about being in the dreaded "Creative Has Nothing For You" Phantom Zone, and has voiced these concerns to upper management, including Vince himself.]

WWE Creative could suggest a "Senora Cabrera" rebrand as a tribute to when people accused Hilaria Baldwin of pretending to be Spanish. Then they can act surprised if Alexa doesn't want to do that gimmick (or act surprised when actual Latina roster members raise an eyebrow at the idea)

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

WWE Creative could suggest a "Senora Cabrera" rebrand as a tribute to when people accused Hilaria Baldwin of pretending to be Spanish. Then they can act surprised if Alexa doesn't want to do that gimmick (or act surprised when actual Latina roster members raise an eyebrow at the idea)

Juan Cena?

That "wedding" segment was never-ending and interminable. The crowd had every right to shit all over that nonsense.

It took only two weeks to remind me how horrendous Lawler's heel commentary is in 2022.

I want to hear Zeke speak. ?

Edited by Peck

what's a better US Champion name for Theory/Austin Theory... America Theory, USA Theory, or US Theory?

also it feels like Ezekiel/Owens was sorta rushed. But if a laptop looked up the titantron isn't a reliable guide to what the truth is... nothing is reliable.

The Sasha/Naomi vs Ripley/Morgan match was good but waaaaaay too short.  I dig Noami and Sasha Banks sherbet based hairstyles. Man, Naomi isn't afraid to go straight into the post.  Rhea Ripley turns on Liv Morgan because WWE is the worst booked shit on earth.  Hey!  It's Veer Mahan!  He beats a teeny guy!  Chad Gable vs Ezekiel was perfectly fine until the shitty finish.  Oh man, that was a nice Powerslam by Randy Orton and that was a nice toprope Spanish Fly by Matt Riddle.  Nice Doomsday Device by the Street Profits.  I try not to think about the logistics of the finish.  That was pretty good.  Finn Balor versus Austin Theory was great!  Some great nearfalls.  It told a story about Balor getting his neck jacked up.  That's good stuff.  Vince McMahon has entered the Jerry Jones realm of hideous plastic surgery.  Hey!  It Cody Rhodes versus Kevin Owens!  Oh man, Kevin Owens is so good.  Cody takes a DDT like a fucking KING.  Owens' finishers are gnarly.  Man, Cody can take an assbeating.  Finish was ALMOST perfectly fine.  This is the match they should build to.  That was a good couple of matches.  HERE HERE, WWE!  

8 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Vince McMahon has entered the Jerry Jones realm of hideous plastic surgery

have they had Jerry on WWE TV as a result of the two Wrestlemanias in Jerryworld (or for any other reason) because Jerry Jones seems like he would fit in that universe 

• Like 1

if any promotion could book two different gaslighting gimmicks at the same time, it's the WWE.

Although I guess an "Alexa Bliss returns and doesn't acknowledge the Fiend stuff" angle would be sorta like the Firefly Funhouse if Bray never actually turned back into the Fiend and remained a friendly dude, so maybe "Friendly Alexa who can't understand why people don't trust her" is the way to go

• Like 1

Can't really say I give a shit if Alexa doesn't come back. I thought her spooky gimmick was terrible even if she did ok work with it. I also like the division more in ring wise and feel like it would take a downturn unless she was working tags. Admittedly, I do like the idea of Alexa trying to de-hero Nikki.

Women's tag titles match was good. The commentary talking about the quality of experience and tag work went well with much of it and covered a bit for Rhea nd Liv being off once or twice. Rhea turning on Liv was expected and kind of sucks. At the same time I expect their singles matches to be pretty good and am hoping it leads to Rhea vs. Bianca for the title at some point. Would be nice to see a great match on the main roster where none of the Horsewomen are involved.

The Bianca/Sonya segments were decent.

The Ezekiel/Owens/Gable segment was decent. not sure why the match had the ending it did.

RKBro vs/ Profits was nice until the fuck finish. 

What I caught of Theory/Finn & Owens/Cody looked solid-good.

Raw is still as unwatchable as ever, I don't know how WWE fans put up with this. I went to SmackDown live in December, and it was at least entertaining and decen to watch live because you had that fun segment with Brock/Sami/Heyman which worked fairly well. But Raw tonight was just like...what was even that Owens/Rollins/Cody garbage at the end? Everyone came off looking bad there.

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

Honestly think there's some sort of backstage contest over who can come up with the worst finish possible.

ongoing for 15 years and still no clear winner in sight.

kinda hoping Bliss goes for her SAG card and parlays the Fiendette era into a new career in low to mid budget horror flicks.  Failing that, complete denial of the Fiendette era and/or acknowledgment of anything that's happened in the last two years [while simultaneously having bouts of Dr. Strangelove style lapses of impulse control where her arm tries to put The Claw on people of its own accord or something] would be a fun way to go. Especially if she projects it all on Nikki's superhero guise.

• Like 3

I was asleep for the first two hours of the show so it appears I missed most of the interesting stuff. I woke up in time for the wedding and what a glorious trainwreck it was. I didn't expect the Buffalo crowd to shit all over it like they did, but it was amusing seeing R Truth try to keep things going when the crowd was chanting stuff. 

Cody vs. Owens was a good match up until the ending. Not sure why it went off the rails like that. They could have just had Rollins cause a DQ and got the same result.

I saw they split up Rhea and Liv. Why can't we have nice things?