DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 4/15/2022

re: Yuta's size. He was on a PWX show here in NC I went too. Athletic guy, but short of 6 foot and lean and thin. New gear would work for him, but he's got skinny legs.

Props to the camera team of this weeks Rampage helping to make me forget that table was there for the ending of Adam and Adam. I totally forgot about it and legit was surprised.

Wrrrrreeeeessssstttlllliiiiing

Edited by Valcourt
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

goodfellaslaughing.gif

FQe52b6WYAAmaF7?format=jpg&name=medium

well, i'm convinced. let's bring in Russo and see what happens. He's definitely Vince McMahon's secret weapon.

seriously though, weren't the Rossetti sisters something that Heenan came up with and did on the Bobby Heenan Show? you know, like a decade before Russo was even in the business?

1 hour ago, Valcourt said:

Props to the camera team of this weeks Rampage helping to make me forget that table was there for the ending of Adam and Adam. I totally forgot about it and legit was surprised.

EASILY my favorite way of confirming that i was sucked into a match. Too often i think "well this can't be the end, there's still [the table, or whatever] set up outside. While i didn't forget this week, and the early show of the barbed wire chair hurt the immersion, i still feel like they did a pretty damn good job.

• Like 4

The title match was great because it was the kind of match Adam Cole is best at. One where he's mostly over-matched, but uses his superb timing for generate credible counter-offense to balance out his sick bumps. Page is low-key an awesome ace right now. Hasn't been upstaged by anyone in the spotlight and still presents as a credible top guy despite all the name-power in AEW. Not sure who came up with the crown of thorns finish on Good Friday, but I chuckled.

• Like 2

Got around to Rampage last night. Opening six man was very nice. Big win for Yuta. Still amazed at the sheer grace with which Billy Gunn seems to age, especially since he's sharing the ring with his sons. His kids are like, we're sure glad to be sharing those "genes"!

Nice to see The Butcher with a dominant win. I don't know about you guys, but I still don't fancy his chanches against Wardlow next week! The Blade didn't fare too well, earlier in the year!

O'Reilly vs Jungle Boy is the first qualifyer that could go either way. Punk vs Dustin should be nuts! There already was Dustin vs Bryan in the previous World Title Eliminator, right? I think I saw that. Also, Storm vs Hayter in the first round of Owen cup. Pretty big match for first round.

Ruby beating two Renegades without realizing it and going "ok, whatevaz" was amusing.

Main event rocked, as one would expect. The ending spot and the Orihara moonsault into a superkick were both nuts!

Tony with ANOTHER huge announcement?!? I'm not even going to try to guess.

Battle of the Belts II still to come (or go).

• Like 2