DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 4/13/2022

The Natural

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

It’s gotta be a streaming deal that includes AEW and ROH content, or the video game trailer debut w/ release date. Or maybe both since TK is clearly on some high grade Colombian shit.

I posted about this in the monthly thread earlier, but the video game news from SRS was that they're shooting for a tentative Sept. release

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThatTCGuy said:

AEW's been having a real problem with show pacing as of late. The first hour was jam packed with fun stuff then the show ground to a halt between JAS vs Eddie & PnP and Team Taz vs Swerve & Lee. 

they also kinda have to find their happy medium for how many matches a week they wanna take to Picture-In-Picture

Just now, hammerva said:

Can someone explain why they are trying to make Sonjay Dutt into some former ROH star.  I would be shocked if Dutt had more than 4 matches ever.    Hell based on this they should bring DLo Brown in too

Yeah, Sonjay wasn't exactly a former ROH star. His best and most memorable ROH match was probably against Bryan Danielson at DBDIV. If anything, he's probably best known for his TNA run. 

• Like 1

I don't understand this thread right now. The big immobile guy's debut sucked but three pages on that and nothing on WARDLOW or the awesome Lee/Swerve vs. Team Tazz match or the awesomeness of Joe and Suzuki slapping the shit out of each other..   

Bots. All bots. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Can someone explain why they are trying to make Sonjay Dutt into some former ROH star.  I would be shocked if Dutt had more than 4 matches ever.    Hell based on this they should bring DLo Brown in too

For what it's worth one of those four matches was against Kenny.... which I was there for... and totally forgot about until I was reminded of it about a year ago......

AEW seems to have a decent working relationship with Impact, they could at least use /that/ instead.

7 minutes ago, hammerva said:

You better recognize!

Sonjay Dutt has the feel of an ROH guy. He had a similar trajectory to a lot of guys who came from there, similar build, wrestled a lot of the same opponents. It wasn't til it was brought up here that I realized he wasn't one.

Weird choice for an ending. Will Joe be ROH's Hogan, fighting a variety of monsters of the week while the Lethal Family tries to get the belt off of him?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't understand this thread right now. The big immobile guy's debut sucked but three pages on that and nothing on WARDLOW or the awesome Lee/Swerve vs. Team Tazz match or the awesomeness of Joe and Suzuki slapping the shit out of each other..   

Bots. All bots. 

Just now, alstein said:

The ending sucked, but so much else was good I think it will be forgiven.

I think it's because it's the ending, the thing you go out on and AEW normally gets things right. There were great things from the show.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Bots. All bots. 

The rest of the show was awesome, but if you're going to debut an immobile giant, he should at least be wearing a fur body suit or wrapped in toilet paper.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I watched the whole show until I had to start unplugging things for a planned 10pm blackout (TK stole the idea). As far as I know Dynamite totally ruled and I get to watch Joe/Suzuki in the morning.

Edited by John E. Dynamite

2015 Second round Dallas Mavericks draft pick, first Indian-born and Sikh player drafter into the NBA, and future AEW World Champion. Santam  Singh.

Jokes aside, I’ll give him a chance once I see him work. Maybe he’ll surprise us. The debut didn’t work and that’s on booking. 

Edited by Octopus
Auto corrected his name
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Octopus said:

2015 Second round Dallas Mavericks draft pick, first Indian-born and Sikh player drafter into the NBA, and future AEW World Champion. Santana Singh.

Jokes aside, I’ll give him a chance once I see him work. Maybe he’ll surprise us. The debut didn’t work and that’s on booking. 

His parents had good taste, naming him after Tito Santana. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hagan said:

Yeah Dynamite ruled. The Shaffir match was odd and the overrun is best uncommented on but some awesome matches and such a great, great angle with MJF and Wardlow. 

The best things were the two tag matches and the Suzuki/Joe match.  Swerve and Keith Lee are a fucking great weird tagteam.

• Like 6

Action packed, especially the first hour. Punk/Pentagon was fun stuff, some great selling from Punk, and an awesome catch finish. Really liked the tag title match, the champs look great with a fantastic successful title defense. FTR coming out after as ROH tag champs reminds me of late 80s NWA with the World and US tag titles around, I dig it. Amazing how quickly FTR have gotten massively over as babyfaces, epic pop tonight.

Another huge win for the Captain! Crowd was pretty great and hot all night, but especially on fire for Wardlow. The build for this has been excellent. Wardlow/Butcher should be solid. Trios tag was fun, thought maybe someone would try to save Kingston/Ortiz/Santana afterwards but nothing yet. 

Red Velvet has joined the Baddies Section! lol Interesting way of turning her heel if that's the case, I've liked her either way but did feel awhile back that she had a potentially excellent heel run in her during the time she was being booed for her association with Cody and leaning in to that during some of her Dark matches. Marina/Skye was not too great as a match, but still looking forward to the Marina/Jade showdown as hopefully being something special. 

Team Taz/Lee & Swerve was amazing. Love the hometown pop for Ricky. Thought all four guys shined huge here. Smart booking to give Hobbs and Starks a somewhat bigger victory. Suzuki/Joe was good with a proper big fight feel. Didn't expect Joe to win the title and Suzuki's run to be so disappointingly short but at least felt like a big win and moment for Joe briefly. heel Lethal (and Sonjay) do nothing for me at all so I'd like to see Joe just mow through them already. Singh's big debut was definitely an odd choice to end the show with. I had forgotten they announced his signing late last year. His style seems so very Khali esque from his movements and the way he stepped over the top, then using the Vice Grip finish. Rampage should be good stuff, Battle of the Belts lineup looks rather weak but cool to see a ROH World Title match thrown into the mix. 

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, For Great Justice said:

That Team Taz tag match was GREAT. Everyone involved in that match was OVER AF!

I think Lee and Strickland could be an excellent tag team, they had a lot of chemistry and double team moves. Have they worked as a tag before?
Swerve’s double springboard moonsault off Lee’s chest was my HOLY SHIT moment of the night,

• Like 5