DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 4/13/2022

The Natural

I can't understand booking an angle that literally had a zero percent chance of not going over like a fart in church. How can you misread your own audience that bad?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, sabremike said:

I can't understand booking an angle that literally had a zero percent chance of not going over like a fart in church. How can you misread your own audience that bad?

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, sabremike said:

This. Getting an ending right is so crucial, it's the last thing you see and that was such a shit one. Gave me Dark Order debut vibes.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, sabremike said:

At least with Butcher and Blade's debut it was in like the middle of the show. This after pimping a huge overrun? Just the best.

1 minute ago, Blue Dragon said:

Having lots of belts for how big their roster is, is good tbh.

I am not sure what the announcement is...ROH on HBO Max? Dunno.

It’s gotta be a streaming deal that includes AEW and ROH content, or the video game trailer debut w/ release date. Or maybe both since TK is clearly on some high grade Colombian shit.

• Like 1

Fun show  but some odd points,

Kind of thought it was Robert and Kyle's night but weird that FTR would all out the losers of that match. Maybe having beaten the Briscoes and the Bucks, working their way through the great RoH Tag Champs could be a fun run of matches for them (Hero and Claudio doing anything these days?)

That botch took a lot of steam out of Punk/Penta. I still love both guys but felt like they just weren't clicking. Also, if Penta's thing is rising from a grave now, it's a shame there isn't an elevator that can be used in conjunction with that stage right now.....

Swerve/Keith vs. Team Taz was all sorts of excellent, probably Ricky's best showing in a long time too.

Suzuki just playing the hits these days is enough to make my heart happy. Every time I see him I want to go back and look up his mid 2000's noah stuff. I was worried once they announced this match he would have just been a transitional champ. I wish they would have let him bring that belt back to Japan for a while and had a good little run with it. Match was straight fire though.

Okay... and just to get it out of our system, "The Okay Khali."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Missed the whole show, but if this Khali/Omos/Gonzalez guy don't work out they could always shunt him off to ROH. 

I expect that's where this whole angle will continue.

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

Is the announcement a lucrative India deal?

Know that's a joke but honestly that's the only way that angle would be understandable.

• Like 1

That was a really really good show...and I didn't mind the ending. If you have to debut a monster, you might as well do it that way.

I could watch Punk wrestle dudes every week. Loved how they covered that top rope botch. 

Glad that Jurassic Express retained. The eventual (re)match with FTR is gonna be alot of fun.

Tonight was just a chapter Jericho/Kingston feud. Match was fun while it lasted. LOVED how Garcia tried to punch and fight through getting the 3 Amigos from Santana. And I almost had a heart attack when it looked like Eddie was wearing a "trump" shirt lolol 

Ladies match was flat. Wayyy to much attention on the baddies. MEH.

They are doing such an amazing job with the MJF/Wardlow feud. It's going to be nuclear when Max gets his comeuppance. 

Team Taz going over was the right call. Starks was sooooo over tonight. 

Fun show! Can't wait for Friday and Saturday night.

Edited by Infinit
  • Like 5

It's possible I was a bit distracted, tired or something else.  But I honestly didn't like much of this show.  I think I liked MJF's segment the best.  But dare I say it it was hard to even care about Joe/Suzuki.  Sure, it sounds amazing but it's many years too late.  Did I enjoy the physically and all?  Sure, I did.  But curse me for thinking how this would have been ages ago.

Maybe it's just me, maybe not.  I'll rewatch some things over time to see if I change my mind.  But I think I'm best off looking forward to Rampage and BotB plus next week.  This one I'll just acknowledge it happened and move on.  And yes, that includes the ending which was retched.

Penta and Punk are great at getting the crowd into the proceedings.  The NOLA cfrowd is white hot,  Nice counter to the GTS by Penta.  This is such a CM Punk match, but Penta is good at soaking in the heat so it's not an out of character Penta match except with Penta holding back on a thousand big moves.  Punk sells the knee and then they tease each other's finishers until Punk hits the Anaconda Vice.   I love that this match is teasing big moves without hitting them.  More teasing of finishers until Punk hits the GTS and that was an old school wrestling match.  Oh man, Bobby Fish is sooo good.  ReDragon have to win.  Luchasaurus can't continue to hold a belt.  Oh yeah!  Bobby fish is soooo good.  Kyle O' Reilly is really good too.   Jurassic Express look good on offense and ReDragon is awesome cutting them off,  GREAT NEARFALL on the toprope Falcon Arrow.  BOOOOOO! ReDragon should have gone over.  Oh, so they are going to put the belts on FTR and THEN ReDragon and FTR happens.  Okay.  I can take that. That was a great match.   CAPTAIN SHAWN DEAN WINS! CAPTAIN SHAWN DEAN WINS!  Give him the belt!  Oh cool, Jake Hagar is wrestling.  Awesome!  The THUMP t-shirt!  Hagar keeps the match together. Daniel Garcia is a HEAT MACHINE!  Hagar and Garcia are great ass stompers.  Eddie Kingston is a house a-fire!   I love that they booked this like Bill Watts would have booked it with your heels standing tall.  I got a bad feeling about Jade Cargill vs Marina Shafir.  I hope I'm wrong.  Ricky Starks is over in New Orleans.  He is Britt Baker in Pittsburgh.  Strickland is such an odd wrestler. So fun.  I loved the Asai Moonsault off Keith Lee.  TOTALLY WILD!  Hobbs is KING of the picture in picture!  Hell,  put the tag belts on Keith Lee and Shane Strickland.  They are an awesome tag team  Great fuckery for the finish to put Ricky Starks over with a sweet Spinebuster on Lee by Hobbs.  That match was great.  Hey! Dalton Castle!  and Jonathan Gresham!  YAAAY!  A CAKE!  Jesus Christ,  Samoa Joe and Minoru Suzuki was stiff as fuck.  Great submissions during picture in picture as we come back.  I love how Joe can't quite beat him with his size until he finally hits the Musclebuster.  That match was good.  And they finish with a Bill Watts ending, with Jay Lethal standing over our downed hero.  AEW RULES.

• Like 6