DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 4/11 - 4/17/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Everyone knows Kevin Owens is a liar.

Anyway doesn't seem they're unifying the RAW/SD womens belts,  if they don't at HIAC then those titles won't be.

Edited by Blue Dragon

I don't thing it was mentioned already but Meltzer said that Rey missed the show due to a "medical issue" but didn't elaborate

It didn't seem to be COVID related since Rhea was announced as being "in the protocol"

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I don't thing it was mentioned already but Meltzer said that Rey missed the show due to a "medical issue" but didn't elaborate

It didn't seem to be COVID related since Rhea was announced as being "in the protocol"

I guess "in the protocol" could mean concussion-related too, not just COVID.

Putting the titles on Pretty Deadly is probably the right choice.  But jesus the Creeds not only looked like fucking monsters out there, but they essentially just turned all of Diamond Mine face in the span of 30 minutes. 

• Like 2

Cameron Grimes vs Solo Sikoa was good.  Sikoa procured an armbar and I partied and freaked out.  Grimes hits an EVEREST German Suplex but since this isn't Japan, Sikao kicks out.  Sikoa does the amazed look when he hits a move that has never finished a match- a WWE trademark!  Fun nearfalls before the fuckery of the finish to kick in.  Ikemen Jiro looked good against Von Wagner.  Von Wagner will fit in right between W Morrison and Cody Deaner on the IMPACT! worker's hierarchy.  Pretty Deadly are the new Fantastics!  Mandy Rose was the only woman to not get married last weekend, I believe.  Rose is pretty great when on offense.  They are kind of awkward early but settle into a groove.  Rose procures a BODY VICE and I party and freak out!  Dakota Kai's offense is all elaborate and shit.  Rose hits a nice Spinebuster.  There is some Toxic Attraction fuckery and Mandy wins clean as a sheet.  Sorta, I guess.  That was pretty good.  Dakota Kai tried too many things that Mandy didn't seem capable of doing.  Toxic Attraction waaaaay oversell a super soaker.  Draco Anthony and Xyon Quinn have really stupid WWE names.  Quinn hits a big Beil!  BEILA MANIA HAS CRASHED THROUGH THE FORBIDDEN DOOR!  Quinn has some cool moves.  Quinn looks impressive.    The gauntlet starts with Creed brothers and Legado del Fantasmo and  the Creed brothers take their offense like champs before crushing them like bugs.  The Bro Country dudes with Fallon Henley , whoever the fuck they are, are next up and  one of them has a nice lariat.  Brutus goes through a table and Julius and the Bro Country guys are good at supplying the assbeat.  Okay, Briggs is the Booker T of the Bro Country dudes.  Sanger is good at further beating down the Creed brothers as they have deeply entered the Duel Ricky Mortons role.  I love that it's like one big tagmatch where the Creeds hit a comeback and instead of a nearfall, its a pinfall and they bring out another tagteam.  Sanger is pinned and Pretty Deadly are the Four Horseman and the Creeds are both Ricky Morton with a separated shoulder.  This is great pro wrestling.  Julius Creed is selling an assbeating like Ricky Steamboat.  His final comeback is awesome.  Brutus is great with the nearfalls before the inevitable .  That match was fucking great.  Pretty Deadly versus the Creeds is going to be awesome.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Peck said:

The Natalya promo was gold. Her being legit choked up at the reception she got made the turn that much better.

Missed this because I was watching the Panthers game, but wow, Cora looked like she was being broken in half.  Goodness.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Peck said:

What did Cameron Grimes do to have the NXT UNIVERSE~! turn on him recently?  Dude dedicated a match a few weeks ago to his shoot dead father and got booed. That's rough.

Gimmick infringement on Cody? 

I only watched the last half of the gauntlet match. The Creed Brothers had me hooked into thinking they would pull it off. I was impressed with Brutus doing that deadlift back suplex on the big guy. I'm surprised Pretty Deadly won right off the bat, but the WWE might have lucked themselves into a damn good feud between them and The Creed Brother's.

So it all works out.

• Like 1

Grimes/Solo was solid stuff though it could have done without the fuckery finish.

Dakota/Mandy started off rough but got better as the match went on. Pretty decent though it feels they have a better match in them. Curious if Mandy/Wendy is next. That should be fun.

I skipped around most the Cora/Nattie segment. It felt like it would go kind of long. That last minute I caught though was perfect and one of the best things Nattie has done in WWE. I'm all for Nattie terrorizing half of the NXT women's division.

Creeds vs. Legado and Briggs/Jensen was so darn good while the matches with Sanga/Waller and Pretty Deadly were perfect for the stories going in. The Creeds were already pretty well liked going in, but this absolutely cemented them as the faces of the tag division. That was an awesome match.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Pretty Deadly winning make sense.  The Creeds ran out of gas at the end (love Wade calling saying the Creeds had the coldest hot tag ever) and sold it perfectly.  Does say a lot that they trust the Creeds enough to wrestle the whole match. 

• Like 1

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to WWE TV - 4/11 - 4/17/2022
9 hours ago, Peck said:

TFW you've been in NXT so long that you're now on your 2nd NXT name.

Raul Mendoza was his real name so I wouldn't really call that an "NXT Name"

Unless he had a brief name change and then went back to Mendoza

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Raul Mendoza of Legado del Fantasma has been renamed Cruz Del Toro. 

His new name is ok. Still feels weird and random after going by his real name for so long. Raul Mendoza is also just a pretty nice name.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

His new name is ok. Still feels weird and random after going by his real name for so long. Raul Mendoza is also just a pretty nice name.

Just renaming most of everyone they can to proper WWE approved stage names instead. It's not consistent why they do those names changes but there are many reasons why.