DVDVR Message Board

The 2022 NBA Playoffs

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

C'MON BABY.  

I'm in South Florida for the weekend and I'm *sorely* tempted to spend $400+ to go to game 7.

*Insert "Do it" meme here*

Mark Jones is their best pbp commentator anyway. Like their only good one. Breen is a slightly better Jim Nantz with a better catchphrase. Saying that, I hope he recovers fully and quickly. 

Edited by Jiji

There is no God, so we won't get to close-contact Jackson & Van Gundy out of the picture and get Doris Burke in there instead, will we.

EDIT: JVG definitely sounds sick. What a pro. ?

Edited by Contentious C

I can't believe Jimmy shot that.

Like, Jimmy is the only reason they are still in this game, but him taking that shot instead of getting a better look with less time on the clock might have just ended their season.

Edited by Brian Fowler

Yep.

Can't have a stretch missing 9 in a row in the 4th quarter, either. That reversed Strus 3 pointer was garbage, so who knows how that changed the complexion, but Boston made their adjustments by not fouling like they did in the 2Q. 

Just make it not ugly and pathetic against GS, please...gotta be a lot better than that in the next series.

Edited by Contentious C

6 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I can't believe Jimmy shot that.

Like, Jimmy is the only reason they are still in this game, but him taking that shot instead of getting a better look with less time on the clock might have just ended their season.

Come back with your shield.  Or on it.

I have zero problem with that shot.  Their D wasn't set up and he just missed.

Congrats to Boston.  This is a rivalry that looks like it's going to last a while.

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

Come back with your shield.  Or on it.

I have zero problem with that shot.  Their D wasn't set up and he just missed.

Congrats to Boston.  This is a rivalry that looks like it's going to last a while.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if Jimmy was a good three point shooter. But for him... Put that shit on the floor and attack Horford.

But that was wild. Cut it to three... Miss nine straight shots and look dead down 13... Score eleven straight and get the ball... After those two game sevens last round, this was good to see.

Al Horford's going to be celebrating like mad tonight

Not only did the Celtics advance to the NBA Finals by winning game seven. Al Horford earned a $5 million bonus for advancing to the NBA Finals. Not only that, but if the Celtics WIN the finals, he gets ANOTHER $7 million

• Like 3

I'm finding it fascinating that the Vegas odds and pretty much everybody I talk to personally think the Warriors are gonna roll, but all the statistical prediction systems have Boston as a pretty heavy favorite.

I think Golden State looks to be getting healthy while Boston is kinda banged up, and if I had to make a prediction it would be Dubs in six, but I'm not real confident on that.

The Celtics' defense will pose problems for the Warriors with their size, length, ability to switch and rim protection, but they'll need to be more consistent. I don't think a team that lost at home in Game 6 and almost blew Game 7 has a right to be over-confident. The Warriors are a smart basketball team with a ton of finals experience. I'll go Warriors in 6.

I feel like Boston's offense plays pretty well into what the Warriors want to do defensively. Tatum is going take a lot of difficult shots and he's going make some of them which works well with the Warriors tendency to single guard your best player and just try to make it difficult for them and applaud them if they make a shot. Also Boston is another team rolling out a bunch of guys that can make 3's but aren't 3 point shooters and putting up 30-40 of them and hoping enough go in. Feel like expecting that to consistently put up enough points against a good shooting team with an offensive identity is a dangerous game. Also hopefully Jaylen Brown remembers how to dribble because GP2 is coming for him. 

On the other end of the court I think the Celtics give the Warriors more defensive problems than the Mavs and the Nuggets but less than the Grizz. I feel like the Warriors have way too many options and move the ball too much for the Celtics defense to consistently slow the Warriors down. 

Ultimately I think the Celtics just aren't going be able to put enough points up offensively or slow the Warriors down enough defensively. Warriors in 5 with my preferred loss occurring either in game 2 or game 4.