DVDVR Message Board

The 2022 NBA Playoffs

Dolfan in NYC

Sometimes the importance of coaching and midgame adjustments can be overstated but holy shit, how do you not adjust? Bud is a great system coach but has shown for a long time a reluctance to move away from things not working. Giannis played like shit after the first quarter, but the Celtics could just block off the paint because the supporting cast couldn't hit threes. Sitting off Williams even after he's made so many wide opened threes... like stop. plz.

You can bring up Middleton's absence but this team without him probably should've still won. 

Edited by Jiji

13 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Sometimes the importance of coaching and midgame adjustments can be overstated but holy shit, how do you not adjust? Bud is a great system coach but has shown for a long time a reluctance to move away from things not working. Giannis played like shit after the first quarter, but the Celtics could just block off the paint because the supporting cast couldn't hit threes. Sitting off Williams even after he's made so many wide opened threes... like stop. plz.

You can bring up Middleton's absence but this team without him probably should've still won. 

I don't think Middleton would've made the difference today, but he might have a couple nights ago, you know?

• Like 1

Jesus Christ, the Suns can't hit a fucking layup tonight.

This would be one ugly ass way to end what had been a dream season.

Fuck it, I'm going back to binge watching Ash vs Evil Dead, this is just not even fun.

27 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Did Chris Paul literally become old and washed up on his 37th birthday?

I'm not even sure this is a joke 

He was an absolute killer through the first 8 games of these playoffs, had his birthday, and has just utterly sucked ever since. I've never seen anything like it 

1 hour ago, RandomAct said:

I seriously can't believe it. WCF exceeds the wildest hopes I had for this team. I'll admit to being dead ass wrong about Kidd as head coach too. We got a real shot at the Finals.

No

Fun(?) fact: Giannis joins Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain as the only players in NBA history to put up 20 points and 20 rebounds in back to back playoff loses.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Fun(?) fact: Giannis joins Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain as the only players in NBA history to put up 20 points and 20 rebounds in back to back playoff loses.

Giannis is larger Russell Westbrook. 

Luka is white Harden with the exact same game and y’all love him for it.