DVDVR Message Board

The 2022 NBA Playoffs

Dolfan in NYC

The NBA is adding a conference finals MVP award.  The east trophy will be named after Larry Bird, the west after Kareem.

They're also renaming the east & west conference championships after Bob Cousy and Oscar Robertson respectively.

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I was at work, had checked the score fairly early, checked it again and it was a 40 point lead. I have no idea how this happened.

Aren't the Grizz like 40-3 without Ja or some ridiculous number like that

3 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Aren't the Grizz like 40-3 without Ja or some ridiculous number like that

Counting the playoffs, 21-6 now.

They were at one point 20-2 without him.

There are still a ton of Sixers fans who are Hinkie Truthers who believe He Who Started The Process Could Do No Wrong.

Sixers had a 23-year-old Jrue Holiday they traded for a draft pick that became Nerlens Noel. 

Bangs head repeatedly...

2 hours ago, Greggulator said:

There are still a ton of Sixers fans who are Hinkie Truthers who believe He Who Started The Process Could Do No Wrong.

Sixers had a 23-year-old Jrue Holiday they traded for a draft pick that became Nerlens Noel. 

Bangs head repeatedly...

triple-h-pedigree.gif

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

Doc Rivers is by far the most overrated coach I can think of in recent memory.  I've said this in the past and every year he just keeps adding to it.  

That's why I kind of want him to go to the Lakers & add to that overrated Legacy. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rocco said:

Doc Rivers is by far the most overrated coach I can think of in recent memory.  I've said this in the past and every year he just keeps adding to it.  

I hope by now people realize that Doc has been banking on that 08 ring for almost 15 years now, and only got that one because he had 3 hall of famers at the peak of their powers.

• Like 1

So, the Celtics-Bucks game 7 will be on sunday at 3:30 PM. I half-expect the old CBS NBA opening and "You are looking LIVE at the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts". Just like Dominique and Larry, Giannis and Jayson Tatum are going to go for it. Hell of a series so far.

edit: I can make that comparison because I saw Dominique and Larry in Game 7. My parents had dragged me to a Air National Guard/AirForce airshow, which I wanted NOTHING to do with, thankfully, one of the buildings had a TV with half the air show watching Game 7.

Edited by SirFozzie

10 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

So, the Celtics-Bucks game 7 will be on sunday at 3:30 PM. I half-expect the old CBS NBA opening and "You are looking LIVE at the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts". Just like Dominique and Larry, Giannis and Jayson Tatum are going to go for it. Hell of a series so far.

edit: I can make that comparison because I saw Dominique and Larry in Game 7. My parents had dragged me to a Air National Guard/AirForce airshow, which I wanted NOTHING to do with, thankfully, one of the buildings had a TV with half the air show watching Game 7.

Let's see if we get a tackle like this one.

Edited by ohtani's jacket

It's early and he'll almost certainly not keep this pace, but Giannis is putting up all the numbers so far. 10-8-6 and we still have over a minute left in the first quarter

Just now, Contentious C said:

They say, "Don't let the stars beat you" but how is it better when Grant Williams beats you?

Grant Williams had himself a coming out party in this series.