DVDVR Message Board

The 2022 NBA Playoffs

Dolfan in NYC

17 hours ago, Contentious C said:

6 more of those, please.

This is just the best possible “insurgent young team against vets trying to get back to glory” matchup possible. Also helps that it is the two most watchable teams in the league led with two superstars who do things on the court no one else can do in Ja and Steph.

7 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Dillon Brooks is getting a game off for fracturing GPII's elbow

If I'm Memphis, I take that trade every day. "Lose Brooks for one game in exchange for taking out the only player GSW has that can half guard Morant" is a hell of a deal.

--------

Normally I understand the NBA's sometimes weird playoff schedule to be "money" but why are the 2 vs 3 matchups getting three days off to travel while the 1 vs 4 series are only getting one day off?

Edited by Brian Fowler

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

If I'm Memphis, I take that trade every day. "Lose Brooks for one game in exchange for taking out the only player GSW has that can half guard Morant" is a hell of a deal.

--------

Normally I understand the NBA's sometimes weird playoff schedule to be "money" but why are the 2 vs 3 matchups getting three days off to travel while the 1 vs 4 series are only getting one day off?

Money, and "now that people have accepted sports as just another form of reality TV we don't have to bother putting all that effort into making sure it's a legitimate and balanced athletic competition and can just be lazy and brazen about the reason being Money."

just like they might do an angle where Not-Hogan is the champion for a while but said champ is still gonna wrestle 3rd from the top while Hogan main events, just because you're the one seed doesn't mean you're the actual favorite

4 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Money, and "now that people have accepted sports as just another form of reality TV we don't have to bother putting all that effort into making sure it's a legitimate and balanced athletic competition and can just be lazy and brazen about the reason being Money."

Yeah but I don't see how there's more money in switching the order around. They took a day off, cool, makes sense. But then they are also flipping the order of which games are played the first night. If they had just kept Bucks/Celtics and Dubs/Grizz tonight, all four series would've gotten two days off and they would still have two games tonight and two tomorrow.

I don't see where there's more money in flipping it and giving those four teams three days off and keeping the other four teams playing every other night. 

15 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

--------

Is it still hockey rules that if you injure an opposing player intentionally you get suspended the same length they're injured?  Unless your Claude Lemieux that one year on Kris Draper. 

Spoiler

35 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Is it still hockey rules that if you injure an opposing player intentionally you get suspended the same length they're injured?  Unless your Claude Lemieux that one year on Kris Draper. 

Reveal hidden contents

It looks like, at least this year, the unofficial policy on a flagrant 2 is "if the fouled player gets hurt, you get suspended one game."

Fuck Claude Lemieux with a cactus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Yeah but I don't see how there's more money in switching the order around. They took a day off, cool, makes sense. But then they are also flipping the order of which games are played the first night. If they had just kept Bucks/Celtics and Dubs/Grizz tonight, all four series would've gotten two days off and they would still have two games tonight and two tomorrow.

I don't see where there's more money in flipping it and giving those four teams three days off and keeping the other four teams playing every other night. 

Neither do I and who knows if it even is there, but apparently some poll or algorithm or focus group has convinced them it’s there so it must be there, no one with an MBA could ever be wrong about these things

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

There's money in recognizing other sports also happen in the same buildings.

On 5/6/2022 at 1:02 PM, Lawful Metal said:

Reveal hidden contents

That's never been a rule in hockey. 

If James Wiseman ever lives up to some of his potential, him, Poole, and Kuminga are a hell of young group.

Gonna be some tough decisions in the Bay Area eventually