DVDVR Message Board

The 2022 NBA Playoffs

Dolfan in NYC

Okay, this Grizz/Wolves game is the equivalent of a mid '00s indie match with two raw prospects that fuck around for 12 minutes with tonnes of botches but put together one helluva finishing stretch. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Okay, this Grizz/Wolves game is the equivalent of a mid '00s indie match with two raw prospects that fuck around for 12 minutes with tonnes of botches but put together one helluva finishing stretch. 

It feels like I'm watching the very first few matches between Danielson and Punk, and that they're going to be in my life for a very long time.

• Like 1

Chris Paul possibly looking at some punishment after he kicked a 40yd field goal on a dude's balls while flailing on a jump shot.  Personally, I'd like to see that get a multi-game suspension but I doubt he gets more than a fine.

Speaking of fines.  Jimmy got $15k for doing this during Game 5.   The Heat organization also got fined because they made a gif of it and put it on their Twitter.

I seriously have no words...  

39 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Chris Paul got 33 on 14/14 shooting tonight, a playoff record. At age 37, as a small guard. Insane.

That game was fantastic. It had just about everything. I'm in love with the Pelicans now. Bridges is one of the best players in the league. He locked down Ingram back to back games. I really need to see the Suns and Warriors in a 7 game series. 

2 hours ago, Jiji said:

That game was fantastic. It had just about everything. I'm in love with the Pelicans now. Bridges is one of the best players in the league. He locked down Ingram back to back games. I really need to see the Suns and Warriors in a 7 game series. 

I really hope we at some point get to see this Pelicans team with a healthy and in shape Zion. Could be one of the most fun teams of all-time, and also maybe a legit contender.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I really hope we at some point get to see this Pelicans team with a healthy and in shape Zion. Could be one of the most fun teams of all-time, and also maybe a legit contender.

Plus if the Lakers' pick is in the Top 10 for the upcoming draft it's the Pelicans! 

Just now, Hail Sabin said:

Plus if the Lakers' pick is in the Top 10 for the upcoming draft it's the Pelicans! 

?

Herb Jones is a fantastic defender and while I think teams will eventually be able to abuse Alvarado like the Suns did at times with Booker by getting switches on him and exposing his lack of size, he's a blast to watch. They need a true point guard I think and they have Jones, Ingram, and Zion. CJ seems like a nice guy but I don't think you win with a guy like him taking up a huge chunk of your cap. 

This was on a play where Siakam elbowed Embiid in the face with the Sixers up by 29 with under 4 minutes left in the game. 

(Kind of a wild sequence of events - it was originally called a foul on Embiid, referees reviewed it themselves and upheld their call, then Doc Rivers challenged the call, they reviewed it AGAIN and then reversed it to an offensive foul. Again, all with the game already decided at that point.)

The Sixers messed around too much with the basketball gods when The Process started and are doomed. This team has become a good team despite themselves. Up 20+ that late with the MVP who also happens to be the most injury prone dude in the league... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S.K.o.S. said:

This was on a play where Siakam elbowed Embiid in the face with the Sixers up by 29 with under 4 minutes left in the game. 

(Kind of a wild sequence of events - it was originally called a foul on Embiid, referees reviewed it themselves and upheld their call, then Doc Rivers challenged the call, they reviewed it AGAIN and then reversed it to an offensive foul. Again, all with the game already decided at that point.)

Welp, time for James Harden to put the team on his back and lead them to the promised land!