DVDVR Message Board

The 2022 NBA Playoffs

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Not quite the way it worked out for the Mavs.

Tatum had more points tonight than KD and Kyrie Flat-Earth put together. Sure, bring Simmons back, that'll make all the difference!!

Nets are cooked. When Bruce Brown is their leading scorer, they are done.

But if Simmons is the player he was before this past almost a year... He's maybe the best one on one defender in the NBA, and theoretically could slow Tatum down a decent amount.

That said, I doubt he plays more than ten or fifteen minutes even if they do run him out there, and he's not gonna have much impact on their offense.

At least things worked out better for them than L.A.?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Not quite the way it worked out for the Mavs.

Tatum had more points tonight than KD and Kyrie Flat-Earth put together. Sure, bring Simmons back, that'll make all the difference!!

Simmons will help defensively. Boston was scoring way too easily yesterday. 

Kyle Lowry is out tonight for Miami.  

Also for those who didn't see last night, a protestor got onto the floor of the Wolves game and got crushed immediately:

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Nets are cooked. When Bruce Brown is their leading scorer, they are done.

But if Simmons is the player he was before this past almost a year... He's maybe the best one on one defender in the NBA, and theoretically could slow Tatum down a decent amount.

That said, I doubt he plays more than ten or fifteen minutes even if they do run him out there, and he's not gonna have much impact on their offense.

At least things worked out better for them than L.A.?

It's working out great for the Rockets!

All Ben Simmons had to do was say nothing about Game 4 if he didn't know if he could make it.  But to sound all confident before game 3 and then back out after the game  makes it seems like he is backing out of a no win situation which is soft.     Elite players want to play regardless of the chances. 

Injuries becoming the story of the playoffs again is a bit disappointing.

I mean, there's almost always one or two big injuries in every playoff, sometimes one that you can legit argue decided a title. But this is looking more and more like last year where just every team is getting hit with horribly timed injuries to important players.

just frustrating when you want to see the best teams play each other.

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Injuries becoming the story of the playoffs again is a bit disappointing.

I mean, there's almost always one or two big injuries in every playoff, sometimes one that you can legit argue decided a title. But this is looking more and more like last year where just every team is getting hit with horribly timed injuries to important players.

just frustrating when you want to see the best teams play each other.

Whoever wins the chip gets an asterisk. Like Every year

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm old enough to remember 2 weeks ago when everyone was predicting Brooklyn going to at least the ECF.  

In a 1st round where there was at least 2 or 3 potential sweep series, I am not sure anyone  this series would be the only sweep.   Especially after Game 1

18 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Fun fact: he's also lost more game 7's than any other coach in NBA history.

And that's only scratching the surface:

"Doc Rivers has now lost nine Game 7s, the most in NBA history. He has lost five Game 7s at home, the most in NBA history. He has lost each of his last four Game 7s, the equal-worst streak in NBA history. He has 29 losses in potential close-out games, the most in NBA history. His .341 win percentage in close-out games, among coaches with 20+ games, is the worst in NBA history."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

Yet he's a hofer. The basketball hof has got to be the easiest to get into. .  

It definitely is.

But I think that one title gave him cover for a lot of years.

• Like 1

Grizzlies and Wolves look like whichever gets outta this round will get swept in 3 next round lol. Some awful, ugly basketball. Heat missing two of their big dogs but that game ugly as sin too. Jesus. 

Save us Brandon Ingram from this shit.