DVDVR Message Board

The 2022 NBA Playoffs

Dolfan in NYC

Durant 0/10 in the 2nd half (4/17 For the game)

Kyrie 3/13 in the Game!

Marcus Smart with the Booker-T stare at his hand. (and plenty of OH NO MARCUS SMART OH YES MARCUS SMART!!! Moments)

Most important stat: Boston 2, Brooklyn 0 

You love to see it.

Admittedly, both games were at home, but wow, after a comeback down 17....

Edited by SirFozzie

2 hours ago, jaedmc said:

ALEX CARUSO IS EVERWHERE.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. DRIVE HOME SAFE CHICAGO BEEPBEEP.

Bulls' fans should rework the Roy Kent Chant from Ted Lasso for Caruso. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Since you said all sports - it’s the Cowboys winning and it’s not even close

Y’all just forgot what it’s like when it happens 

Larry Bird never played for the Cowboys, so, I'm sticking with the Celtics (also I would take Dallas over the Packers without a second of hesitation.)

Ben Simmons is apparently planning a return in game 4 of the first round, which means there's the chance of him returning just in time to get swept out of the playoffs which would be the Most Ben Simmons that Ben Simmons could be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What the hell is going on with Utah? I have been working late this week so I haven't seen anything beyond game 1 but how are they losing to a Doncic-less Mavs? They gotta blow this team up if they can't beat Jalen Brunson. I really wanted this team to do well but I guess fuck the city of Salt Lake and the state of Utah in the end. 

1 hour ago, Jiji said:

What the hell is going on with Utah? I have been working late this week so I haven't seen anything beyond game 1 but how are they losing to a Doncic-less Mavs? They gotta blow this team up if they can't beat Jalen Brunson. I really wanted this team to do well but I guess fuck the city of Salt Lake and the state of Utah in the end. 

Yeah. If they lose this series, how do you run the Mitchell/Gobert pairing back?

I know Mitchell is under contract for several more years, but he really feels like the next star to try and force his way out. He doesn't like Rudy, repeatedly doesn't like Salt Lake, and has to be starting to get real frustrated with never getting past round 2.

Ultimately, it looks like Mitchell and Gobert can't win a title as the two best players on a team. I loved some of the moves they made to try and capitalize on this widow, but it looks to be closing unless they want to just stay on the treadmill.

Feel like the key for that team was improving perimeter D. Mitchell is an unreal athlete and has a ridiculous wingspan for a guy his size. There's no reason he shouldn't be at least a very good defender.

Crazy thing about last night, Robert getting played off of the court was the best thing that could have happened to Utah. They played their best basketball of the series when they went small. Only issue is, it makes their already bad defense significantly worse without him.  Imagine going down 2-1 to a bunch of role players, then knowing you gotta deal with Luka the rest of the way.

That said, as someone who watched probably 72-75 of the Mavs games this year, I'm not totally surprised at what is happening. That team has bought in to what Kidd wants to do, and it's working.

• Like 1

Mavs/Jazz had some rotten, uneven officiating. Dallas gets called for ticky tack bullshit, while Gobert was elbowing guys in the face and getting called for nothing. Will absolutely give the refs some of the blame on this one.