DVDVR Message Board

2022 NBA OFFSEASON

Brian Fowler

So Curry has been advocating for a reunion for KD

Jazz have said give us draft picks and you can have anyone you want even Mitchell

And Jabari Smith and Tari Eason are terrorizing the summer league with ... DEFENSE?

On 7/12/2022 at 6:04 PM, RIPPA said:

Wojo says the Jazz are now willing to listen to offers for Donovan Mitchell

However the price is said to be very high

I'm assuming they're asking for RJ plus a couple of picks or Obi plus an entire team's worth of picks. 

13 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm assuming they're asking for RJ plus a couple of picks or Obi plus an entire team's worth of picks. 

Trade all the picks it’s not like the Knicks are good at drafting

If the Knicks pull this off, how the fuck are they going to defend anybody with two 6'1" guards, neither of whom have ever shown much tendency to even try that hard on D?

• Like 1

Woj Bomb!

Feels like a no-win situation for Phoenix since they don't want to keep him but don't want to let him walk for nothing.

Myles Turner has to be getting traded out of town soon, right?

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Woj Bomb!

Feels like a no-win situation for Phoenix since they don't want to keep him but don't want to let him walk for nothing.

Sign and trade?

50 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Sign and trade?

The NBA CBA is a labyrinth so I'm not sure I have this right,  but I think now that he has signed the offer sheet, he's no longer eligible for a sign and trade, and Phoenix's only choices are to let him go or match and he won't be trade eligible for a few months. 

Edit: he won't be tradable until January 15, and Phoenix wouldn't be able to trade him to the Pacers for one year. 

Edited by Brian Fowler

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

The NBA CBA is a labyrinth so I'm not sure I have this right,  but I think now that he has signed the offer sheet, he's no longer eligible for a sign and trade, and Phoenix's only choices are to let him go or match and he won't be trade eligible for a few months. 

Edit: he won't be tradable until January 15, and Phoenix wouldn't be able to trade him to the Pacers for one year. 

Which also pretty much means regardless of how this plays out, they can't trade for Durant.  

5 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Woj Bomb!

Phoenix has matched.  

Hoooo boy. 

2 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

But why

Because they have no avenue to replace his production, and you can't just let him walk for nothing. 

And, hey, they save 5.5 million over the 4 years of the deal than if they had signed him to a max with Bird Rights. 

Plus, yeah, he'll quite likely be available at the deadline. 

11 minutes ago, Log said:

Yes.  So shitty that Brock Lesnar and Scott Steiner would be like, "Damn. That's a stupid tattoo."

Cody Rhodes thinks that tattoo is "a little much"

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Because they have no avenue to replace his production, and you can't just let him walk for nothing. 

And, hey, they save 5.5 million over the 4 years of the deal than if they had signed him to a max with Bird Rights. 

Plus, yeah, he'll quite likely be available at the deadline. 

If I read right, he gets to approve any trades for the first season as well. 

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

If I read right, he gets to approve any trades for the first season as well. 

Yup.  If KD is still available, Ayton cannot be traded to Brooklyn (or any team) until January 15th, and only with his permission.  Added restriction is he cannot be traded to Indiana for one calendar year. 

• Like 1

Numchuks and ninja stars would definitely make that a chef's kiss masterpiece.

I know the real names are nunchaku and shuriken, but that tattoo does not deserve correct terms.

Just wanted to state that before anyone tried some funny stuff with me.

I've seen a couple of chopsocky flicks in my day.

• Like 1

We will all be dead when this happens but the Sixers have announced plans to build a new arena in Downtown Philly 

It will be (they claim) entirely privately funded.

The plan is to play at Wells Fargo until the current lease runs out (2031-2032) and begin in the new arena for the 32-33 season

They are currently in discussions with the Flyers to see if they want to join them in the new arena

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

We will all be dead when this happens but the Sixers have announced plans to build a new arena in Downtown Philly 

It will be (they claim) entirely privately funded.

The plan is to play at Wells Fargo until the current lease runs out (2031-2032) and begin in the new arena for the 32-33 season

They are currently in discussions with the Flyers to see if they want to join them in the new arena

I don't want to speak for every Philadelphian but almost everyone I know (myself included) does not want this to happen at all. 

It will be located at what's known as Market East, which is a big train/subway station. This thing is going to take years to build. There is going to be so much construction right in the most congested part of the city. There's no parking for when this thing gets built. Who knows how it's going to mess up the train/subway system. And the argument of "bringing people to a city and will help so many businesses..." rings kind of hollow. We're pretty good right now. This is just going to make me say something like "Oh, let's not go to that restaurant tonight, there's a Sixers game." 

Right now, all of our stadiums are in the far southern end of the city. There are a few highways with really easy access. You can take a subway there pretty easily. There is plenty of parking. 

Also: I get why a baseball stadium fits into a downtown area and can really add to the city's architecture. A basketball arena is indoors. Does anyone drive past any arena and say "Oh, wow, look at that palace." 

• Like 2

In the latest Brooklyn is Not Trading KD news:

Boston offered Jaylen Brown(!), Derrick White, and a 1 for Durant.  

Brooklyn said no.   Their counter was Brown, Marcus Smart, three 1's, and a rotation player.  (lol)

So... yeah, he's not going anywhere anytime soon. 

---

EDIT --  This was apparently news to Brown!

On one hand, there's no way in hell I would give up KD for the package Boston offered. Brown is only under contract for two seasons.

On the other, if I'm Boston, I don't think I would make the deal Brooklyn countered with. It's more reasonable than what Boston offered, but a bit too heavy. White instead of Smart but with the extra player and a full compliment of picks feels about right.