DVDVR Message Board

2022 NBA OFFSEASON

Brian Fowler

I will preface this by saying that Draymond is clearly in the wrong here, morally, ethically, what have you.

But

How are you gonna shove anyone, let alone Draymond Fucking Green, and not immediately get your hands up to defend yourself?  Did he push Dray and think "Well, that takes care of that!"?  You gotta be smarter than that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I will preface this by saying that Draymond is clearly in the wrong here, morally, ethically, what have you.

But

How are you gonna shove anyone, let alone Draymond Fucking Green, and not immediately get your hands up to defend yourself?  Did he push Dray and think "Well, that takes care of that!"?  You gotta be smarter than that.

Should he have burped  strongly at Draymond when he entered Poole's personal space?

We don't know what was said. Feel like people have gotten way too comfortable with saying whatever they want without consequences coming into play. Reactions to the will Smith slap showed as much. 

40 minutes ago, Jiji said:

We don't know what was said. Feel like people have gotten way too comfortable with saying whatever they want without consequences coming into play. Reactions to the will Smith slap showed as much. 

Words are not an adequate excuse for physical violence.

Unless Poole was putting a spell on Green to slug him.

10 minutes ago, Travis Sheldon said:

I realize we are dealing with a fantasy world where these guys face no real world consequences.

But if I were to act this way in my workplace, I would be out of a job and likely led away in handcuffs.

Sometimes that's worth it. I'm team Zidane headbutt.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Hornets' season off to a great start:

Man, the Hornets might have just put themselves right in the Wembanyama sweepstakes completely due to unforseen misfortune.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Man, the Hornets might have just put themselves right in the Wembanyama sweepstakes completely due to unforseen misfortune.

I just watched some videos on Wembanyama and got goosebumps. Holy fucking shit. Half the teams in the league are going to try and tank for this guy.

3 hours ago, Jiji said:

I just watched some videos on Wembanyama and got goosebumps. Holy fucking shit. Half the teams in the league are going to try and tank for this guy.

No joke, I've went from "I hope the Pistons make some nice progress, fight for a play-in spot" to "Lose for French Giant!!!!"

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

The idea of all the crazy LaMelo/Wemby pick and rolls they could run is...enticing.

4 hours ago, Zimbra said:

The idea of all the crazy LaMelo/Wemby pick and rolls they could run is...enticing.

Yeah

Clearly, my first choice is he winds up in the Motor City, but Charlotte would be one of the most intriguing landing spots as just a basketball fan.

(Most intriguing is a Lakers collapse, lottery win, Pelicans have the right to the pick swap. Imagine veteran CJ with Ingram, Zion, Wembanyama, et al.)

Meanwhile, Golden State is banking on crypto going 'to the moon', as the kidz say, and with all their current commitments, their '23-'24 payroll with tax is expected to be at or about half a billion dollars. (EDIT -- Notably, Dray still has yet to extend, and he's eligible for a max deal also.)

Apparently the other owners are pissed about it too. 

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic