DVDVR Message Board

2022 NBA OFFSEASON

Brian Fowler

On 9/11/2022 at 12:06 AM, Tabe said:

I somehow missed that Manu Ginobli was elected to the basketball Hall of Fame and got inducted today.  I gotta say...he's not a HOFer in my eyes.  The guy started less than a third of the games he played in the NBA.  13 pts and 3.8 assists a game while playing in 2 All-Star games?  I know, I know, they include international play, blah blah blah, but c'mon.  Manu had a wonderful career but a HOFer?  Nah.

Yeah but RINGZ

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm sure the London area strip club he went to is grateful. 

The season ended 4-1/2 months ago. This dude is really trying to tell people he lost 20+ pounds a month for almost 5 months straight. Yeah, maybe if you're 750lbs to start but not whatever Gardnerville/Harden was. Unless you basically died and were on a liquid diet. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Contentious C said:

I wonder how quickly after he retires he'll be broke.  T.O.-fast?

Hopefully his money lasts longer just on the basis he'll have made more than 4 times as much in player salary. I mean, he might be able to blow it, but it should at least take a little bit longer. Maybe.

The Houston Rockets are acquiring center Derrick Favors and a 2025 second-round draft pick in an eight-player trade with the Oklahoma City Thunder, sources told ESPN on Thursday night.

The Thunder will acquire two draft exceptions and save $1 million in salary in a deal that sends Favors, guards Ty Jerome and Theo Maledon and forward Moe Harkless to the Rockets for David Nwaba, Sterling Brown, Trey Burke and Marquese Chriss, sources said.

The Thunder are sending a 2025 second-round pick acquired this week in another trade with the Atlanta Hawks, sources said.

The deal drops the Thunder approximately $10 million under the luxury tax threshold. After the trade, both the Thunder and Rockets have 18 guaranteed contracts on their respective rosters and will need to pare them down to 15 by Oct. 17.

Harkless, who was acquired in the trade with Atlanta, can be moved again because he was absorbed into a disabled player exception. Only Maledon and Nwaba are under contract for the 2023-24 season -- both with team options.

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Blake Griffin is signing a one year deal with Boston

In other news - how the fuck is Blake Griffin only 33?!?!?!?!

He's a damn old 33. Holy fuck. I would've guessed he was that old by the time he left here.