DVDVR Message Board

2022 NBA OFFSEASON

Brian Fowler

14 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

For this reason alone, he's become one of my favorite players.

Aw.  He just announced that '22-'23 will be his final season.  So he'll be only the 10th player to make it to 20 seasons. 

Vanessa Bryant and her co-plaintiff have been awarded $31m in their lawsuit over sheriffs sharing photos of the Kobe Bryant accident photos. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34455016/jury-awards-vanessa-bryant-16-million-crash-photos-taken-kobe-bryant-daughter-gianna

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1

As someone who has checked out a little bit since deciding League Pass was a waste of money - what's the end game for the Lakers here in trading one of their few decent young assets for a bum like Beverley?

Am I underrating what he brings to the table here as a player, or is there a bigger picture cap dump/taking on contracts play here? 

1 hour ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

As someone who has checked out a little bit since deciding League Pass was a waste of money - what's the end game for the Lakers here in trading one of their few decent young assets for a bum like Beverley?

Am I underrating what he brings to the table here as a player, or is there a bigger picture cap dump/taking on contracts play here? 

He's a decent three point shooter, a solid ball handler, and a good defender. All things the Lakers really need. Especially because THT has been a god awful three point shooter.

He doesn't fix their problems, but he should help at least a little, give them some quality minutes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RandomAct said:

Pat Beverly gives the Lakers an actual PG, which they desperately need since Russ has been a disaster. I'm sure that lockerroom is going to be a hoot with those two in it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

RJ Barrett is extending with New York.  Deal is 4 years, up to $120m.  

This pretty much means they're out on trading for Donovan Mitchell. 

Apparently Leon Rose gave Utah a deadline of Monday to make a trade involving Mitchell otherwise the Knicks were going to pivot to extending Barrett

Barrett's deal ends a remarkable 23-year drought for the Knicks: He's the franchise's first draft pick to agree to a multiyear contract extension after his rookie deal since Charlie Ward in 1999, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.

Unvaccinated NBA players and team personnel must submit to weekly COVID-19 testing this season, the league told its clubs in a memo Tuesday.

There will be certain exceptions to that mandate, the league said, such as when the unvaccinated person is considered to have been "recently recovered" from COVID-19.

But for all others, testing will not be required except when "directed by their team physician or a league physician or government authority," the league said. Face masks also will not be required, though they will be recommended for use indoors in cities where coronavirus levels are classified by government officials as high.

The policy for the coming season -- agreed to by the National Basketball Players Association -- has been developed over the last several weeks and is consistent with what commissioner Adam Silver said last month he would expect.

Well that came out of nowhere. But Cleveland was so good last year until the injuries got them. I love teams that are decent making big moves.

Plus Mobley and Alan can help erase some of his defensive shortcomings.

Not sure it's enough to be a legit contender in the East (though if Garland takes another big step forward) but it certainly makes them dangerous to anybody in the playoffs.

• Like 1

That's a deal that may work out for both teams but damn three raw dog picks plus three good players for a guy with some pretty glaring holes, as much as I like his scoring ability is wild. Jazz absolutely maximized both of their star players and have a great platform for their rebuild. Unleash 35 minutes a game Jordan Clarkson, lfg!