DVDVR Message Board

2022 NBA OFFSEASON

Brian Fowler

3 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

It kinda sounds like he (or his agent) realized only the Lakers were particularly interested but the trade options weren't there, and he didn't want to play for only six million. So this was the next best option.

You can safely assume anything Shams writes about Kyrie was ghostwritten by his agent.  Woj confirms that nobody but the Lakers was biting and the Nets weren't interested in what they were selling.

Phil left out the best part:

I'm not sure everyone being sick of your shit makes you a leader.

• Like 1

John Wall got bought out and is going to sign with the Clips. 

has any player ever been bought out and a) signed another big money contract, b) won a championship with their new team? 

Can’t think of any off the top of my head.

Wojo says that Wall agreed to take $6.5 million less from the Rockets

That is roughly the same amount as the midlevel exception that he will most likely be getting from the Clippers

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
13 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

has any player ever been bought out and a) signed another big money contract, b) won a championship with their new team? 

Markieff Morris got bought out by the Pistons and then went to the Lakers' championship team in 2020, so technically yes, but nobody's ever been at the stature of a John Wall and done it.

23 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

I wouldn't consider the midlevel exception a big money contract if you are referring to Wall specifically.

Anyways I hope Wall gets to play this year and at least be okay (I am rather sure his days of being great are over), he really got a raw deal these past few years and doesn't seem like that bad a guy.

The New York Knicks traded center Nerlens Noel and guard Alec Burks to the Detroit Pistons -- clearing $19 million in salary-cap space -- and are now able to make an overwhelming contract offer in the neighborhood of $110 million to free-agent guard Jalen Brunson, sources told ESPN.

The Knicks included two future second-round picks and $6 million to incentivize the trade, sources said, and they now have approximately $30 million in cap space to make a massive four-year offer to Brunson. The offloading of players and assets to create the space clearly reflects the Knicks' confidence they can reach an agreement with Brunson sometime after the opening of free agency.

Washington is sending Ish Smith and KCP to Denver for Will Barton and Monte Morris.

If Smith plays a game for Denver then he will have played for a record-setting 13 NBA franchises.

Okay, well, at least the destinations make a little more sense.

Bradley Beal is also expected to decline his PO.  But, he's expected to re-sign in DC for somewhere in the range of 5/250.  

Whoo... things are coming fast and furious...

Portland is going to offer Dame an extension at 2/100.

The Heat are extending Tyler Herro at 4/110.

PJ Tucker is probably going to Philly at 3/30. 

Phoenix apparently won't be able to match what DeAndre Ayton can draw on the market, so they're prepping for him to be gone.

And, as noted, Jalen Brunson to the Knicks is basically done.  4/110. 

Harden is declining his player option for next year, but still plans to re-sign a deal with Philly that gives them more financial flexibility.

Also, this time he promises not to show up to camp fat:

That's a lot to give up for Murray. I guess the logic is their draft picks will be garbage anyway if it works. 

I still don't really get why Beal gets the attention he does, either. Aside from scoring, he's never convinced me he's a top 15 guy, and his injury history is not good.

• Like 1

Patty Mills declined his $6.2 million dollar option with the Nets.

He still might return to the team

Bobby Portis declined his option ($4.6 million) with the Bucks but he will be staying their as Milwaukee has his early Bird rights and will pay him a lot more than he was making (at least $40 million over 4 years and up to $49 million)