DVDVR Message Board

2022 NBA OFFSEASON

Brian Fowler

38 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

I see a story that the Miami Heat have interest if Kyrie hits the market. Speaking as a Celtics fan I don't know what to root for. Kyrie continuing to destroy the Nets or Kyries moving on to destroy YET ANOTHER TEAM.

C’mon Heat, DO IT

Well, of course Miami would be interested.  Jimmy needs a second gun and ON PAPER Kyrie is a terrifying scorer and defender.   And most importantly, Jimmy and Kyrie are good friends. 

HOWEVER...  the Heat are an extremely well-run, disciplined unit.  Riley & Spoelstra's word is law and no one challenges it. They were one of the first teams to be fully vaccinated. They run extremely rigorous, grueling practices and you don't get to opt out. Any hint of subversion is met with a visit to the end of the bench, where Haslem sits and talks to you like you're in Scared Straight

ON THE OTHER HAND...  Kyrie is a generational talent.  The Cavs probably don't win that ring without him.  He's arguably a top 10 player in the league, who, by the most nefarious means possible, is definitely the most well-rested going into '22-'23.  Oh, and yeah, he's batshit insane.

So... here's the rub.   Supposedly, from what I've read, the asking price for Irving is....  Herro and Lowry.    

And knowing ALL THAT above.... if it's just Kyle and Tyler...   jfc.  You really need to think that over.  

Vegas has Paolo going #1. I assume they think the Rockets trade up? 

As long as the Rockets end up with one of Jabari / Paolo / Chet at 3 I think we’re fine. I don’t think 17 or 26 are going to be difference makers. I’m not scared of Chet’s frame. He’ll live in Houston. He’ll have plenty to eat.

But then again, if the price of moving up is 17 or 26, get the one you want.

The Los Angeles Lakers acquired the Orlando Magic's No. 35 pick in Thursday night's NBA draft for a future second-round pick and cash, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

The Lakers were without a pick and had been working to move into the draft. The Pelicans own the Lakers' first-round pick (No. 9), stemming from the Anthony Davis trade.

The Magic have the No. 1 pick in the draft as well as the No. 32 pick. The Lakers don't outright own a first-round pick until the 2026 draft.

And KD is now reportedly "considering options with his future"

As funny as trading Westbrook to Brooklyn would be, I think they only realistic path to getting Irving to L.A. is giving Detroit a pick or two and trading Westbrook into their cap space (I believe they are the only team with cap space to acquire Westbrook without sending back significant salary.)

If that happened, I would expect a buyout and then who knows?

Knicks make a bunch of wacky trades basically to get some future #1s

The long and the short of it is that they sent Kemba Walker to the Pistons who are then going to buy Walker out

19 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

The rest of the league. Pkusxwouldnt that be a tacit admission by kd that he can never do it on his own?

Who is on the list of players that did it on their own? I don't think any players think about this, at least not in that way. Some may want to be "The Busdriver" as Charles Barkley put it, but I don't think anyone gives a shit if their supporting casts are all-stars/HoF'ers or not.

(I'm also unsure if the Warriors front office would be willing to part with the pieces that would be necessary to make the trade. They seem very committed to building the future at the same time as competing for titles, and it would definitely cost them some of the young guys they've been developing.)

4 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Womp womp

Please make this happen.  I don't believe for a second that adding Kyrie to the mix will get LA a title, but they'll be insanely entertaining for the 51 games the new Big 3 keep in together.  And then Kyrie will pitch a fit about penguins or whatever else is more important to him than basketball that week, AD will go down on yet another floor and maybe shatter into 12 pieces this time, and Lebron will decide he's had enough of his team and somehow decide he didn't have a hand in bringing these players to town.

The only thing more interesting than watching Lebron-Kyrie-AD play together will be watching them implode.

Actually, I want Kyrie traded to the '92 Bulls.  It would be fascinating to watch hyper-competitive MJ deal with Irving when he (KI) starts doing his i-was-put-here-for-greater-things-than-basketball routine midseason.