DVDVR Message Board

2022 NBA OFFSEASON

Brian Fowler

To be totally fair, it's remarkable that the Nets lasted THIS long without coming out and saying what everyone already knew:   Yes, Kyrie's behavior was  unacceptable.   The fallout from this is going to be hilarious. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

What reasonable franchise(and I realize that's a loaded term) would give a big $$$ long term contract to that headcase?

Maybe a team that's desperate to get into the playoffs or take a leap past first round fodder could talk themselves into his talent and their culture and blah blah blah. I think it would be a mistake, but I can see it happening.

On the other hand, if Kyrie is the price to keep KD, that changes the math. And there's still the theoretical potential in a Curry/Irving/Harris/Simmons/KD lineup.

• Like 1

Who could have ever guessed that bringing in Durant, Harden, and Kyrie would not go well?  

I hope the Nets tell Kyrie to go away and then tell Durant to get bent if he's upset about it.  And then trade Durant back to Golden State or something.

• Like 1

If I were betting I'd say Kyrie will still get something close to max money (or something with a lower base but incentives for games played) but only on a 1-2 year deal.

Darvin Ham has accepted the Lakers' coaching job. I thought for sure it would end up being Stotts.

I hate for Milwaukee to lose him, and this doesn't seem like a great situation for a first-time head coach, but I'm happy for him to get the opportunity.

Oh, also been reported that there may be an announcement this summer about EXPANSION~

The new franchises would supposedly go to Las Vegas and Seattle.     (This would also probably cause realignment, sending Memphis and/or NO to the East)

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh, also been reported that there may be an announcement this summer about EXPANSION~

The new franchises would supposedly go to Las Vegas and Seattle.     (This would also probably cause realignment, sending Memphis and/or NO to the East)

Interesting. It is Minnesota and Memphis that should go East in my opinion. 

I think @Dolfan in NYC is just recirculating an older story

https://www.onlinegambling.com/news/nba-expansion-teams-seattle-las-vegas-simmons/

That link is from the beginning of March when Bill Simmons claimed on his podcast that Seattle and Vegas were getting the teams.

Only difference is back then it was "all signs to point to Minnesota moving"

• Like 1

And right on queue

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34043904/donovan-mitchell-surprised-disappointed-sources-say-quin-snyder-leaves-utah-jazz

Amid the reverberations of Quin Snyder's departure after eight seasons as the Utah Jazz coach, All-Star guard Donovan Mitchell is described as "unsettled, unnerved and wondering what it means for the franchise's future," sources told ESPN on Sunday.

Unless you can somehow get an upgrade on Mitchell (and I'm not sure they really have a path to that) there's probably not much point in keeping Gobert around either.

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Rasheed Wallace is leaving Memphis (Tigers, not Grizzlies) to join Darvin Ham's staff in LA.

Now I want the Lakers to just keep hiring guys from the 04 Pistons. Just for the irony.