DVDVR Message Board

2022 NBA OFFSEASON

Brian Fowler

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

We don't have an off-season thread yet I don't think, but looks like Vogel is unsurprisingly out as Lakers coach.

Looks like you just did.  

Anywho,  Joel Embiid won the scoring title yesterday.   He's the first international player to ever win it and the first center to win since Shaq in 2000.  

The int'l player thing is weird to me, since I could've sworn Petrovic won one back in the early 90s, but apparently not. ? 

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

We don't have an off-season thread yet I don't think, but looks like Vogel is unsurprisingly out as Lakers coach.

"I haven't been told shit" - Frank Vogel, about his own job.

You would think they could at least pretend to give a shit about a coach that helped lead them to a title.

3 hours ago, Zimbra said:

"I haven't been told shit" - Frank Vogel, about his own job.

You would think they could at least pretend to give a shit about a coach that helped lead them to a title.

Haynes just now is reporting they've officially told him.

Dude got dealt a bad hand this. A bad roster and then his two best players missing a combined 70ish games. Who the fuck would've won in this situation?

Jalen Green better win Rookie of the Year with all the recency bias NBA media suffers from.  Hell of a last two months.  5 games straight with 30, caps it with a 40 burger in the last game.  Future is bright. 

Too bad the Lakers are winning the lottery. 

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

Jalen Green better win Rookie of the Year with all the recency bias NBA media suffers from.  Hell of a last two months.  5 games straight with 30, caps it with a 40 burger in the last game.  Future is bright. 

Too bad the Lakers are winning the lottery. 

Lakers don't have a pick. Depending on where it lands, it's either going to Memphis or Pelicans iirc.

Mobley, Barnes, and Cunningham are the three guys who appear to have a legit shot at ROY. Cade finished the year playing the best basketball over the second half of the season after a real slow start, the other two both had big impacts on improving their teams. My vote would probably be Mobley

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Lakers don't have a pick. Depending on where it lands, it's either going to Memphis or Pelicans iirc.

Mobley, Barnes, and Cunningham are the three guys who appear to have a legit shot at ROY. Cade finished the year playing the best basketball over the second half of the season after a real slow start, the other two both had big impacts on improving their teams. My vote would probably be Mobley

The NBA will find a way for the Lakers to win the lottery. 

Barnes probably should win, but I think Green has the best upside of any of them.  And Sengun. 

As a jazz fan, fuck that. Go back the 80s colors. I dont watch that much basketball, but they are my hometown team. They kicked ass earlier in the season, then got hurt. Any else else I bow to others knowledge. Their radio guy bugs the hell out of me though. .  (We get the games one of the rock stations up here, and I'll listen when I'm out ot whatever)

• Like 1

This has nothing to do with current NBA stuff, I'm just throwing it here for lack of a better place.

You guys remember when Dennis Rodman joined the Shaq/Kobe Lakers pre-Phil? A complete trainwreck, ruined the team's chemistry, didn't show up for practice, etc etc. Was sent home after 23 games, released a couple weeks later, and nobody was sad to see him go.

During that stretch he played 28.6 minutes a night, and averaged 11.2 rebounds.

Without Dennis, the Lakers went 14-13, and then got swept in the second round by the Spurs.

The disastrous 23 games when he "ruined" the team? They were 17-6.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, hammerva said:

So apparently a number of teams are interested in Mark Jackson.  If it means getting him off commentary then please by all means.  Make Van Gundy an assistant and give us a complete holiday

I'm all in favor of this for the reason you are, but from a basketball standpoint, dear God why?

He was the guy who couldn't get above average offensive production out of Curry and Klay.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm all in favor of this for the reason you are, but from a basketball standpoint, dear God why?

He was the guy who couldn't get above average offensive production out of Curry and Klay.

Just give us a reprieve for 6 months, maybe even a year. Mama there goes that man out the booth. ?

• Haha 1