DVDVR Message Board

AEW RAMPAGE!- 4/9/2022! MOX vs YUTA! DANIELSON vs TRENT!

DEAN

9 minutes ago, matt925 said:

Trying to think, what have been the top 3 or so matches in rampage history? I think this wins but I’m trying to think of what it could be compared to. Probably something from Grand Slam. 

Just off the top of my head I'd say  Andrade/Pac, Suzuki/Danielson and Danielson/Kingston should be in the conversation

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Just off the top of my head I'd say  Andrade/Pac, Suzuki/Danielson and Danielson/Kingston should be in the conversation

Suzuki/Danielson was on a PPV buy-in wasn’t it?

8 hours ago, matt925 said:

Trying to think, what have been the top 3 or so matches in rampage history? I think this wins but I’m trying to think of what it could be compared to. Probably something from Grand Slam. 

3. Bryan Danielson vs. Eddie Kingston. AEW Rampage, 29th October 2021.

2. Jon Moxley vs. Wheeler Yuta. AEW Rampage, 8th April 2022.

1. Bryan Danielson vs. Minoru Suzuki. AEW The Buy In: Rampage, 15th October 2021. *****.

Honourable mention to Kenny Omega vs. Christian Cage. AEW Rampage, 13th August 2021.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

My one nitpick at the main would be that it was a perfect time to bust out the old 20 minute time-limit draw, maybe as Wheeler was trapped in a choke. That's the minor-est of minor stuff though, it was top tier pro wrestling as is. I mean, Wheeler wrote BCC on his chest with his own blood after the handshake. Fuck that was awesome. Matches like this build a lot of good will with the company to not worry if one of your faves "isn't doing anything" at the moment. Wheeler was a jobber for nearly a year, and within a couple weeks, he looks like the next big thing.

Another thing I love about AEW is that my top 5 matches for them this year feature 12 different wrestlers (No order: Page vs. Danielson, Jericho vs. Kingston, Punk vs. MJF dog collar, Bucks vs. FTR, and Mox vs. Yuta).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Go2Sleep said:

Another thing I love about AEW is that my top 5 matches for them this year feature 12 different wrestlers (No order: Page vs. Danielson, Jericho vs. Kingston, Punk vs. MJF dog collar, Bucks vs. FTR, and Mox vs. Yuta).

Mine:

5. Jon Moxley vs. Wheeler Yuta. AEW Rampage, 8th April.

4. Dax Harwood/Cash Wheeler vs. Matt Jackson/Nick Jackson. AEW Dynamite, 6th April. *****.

3. CM Punk vs. MJF. AEW Revolution, 6th March. *****.

2. MJF vs. CM Punk. AEW Dynamite, 2nd February. *****.

1. Adam Page vs. Bryan Danielson. AEW Dynamite, 6th January. *****.