DVDVR Message Board

AEW RAMPAGE!- 4/9/2022! MOX vs YUTA! DANIELSON vs TRENT!

DEAN

Stupid Gordlow being busy,  Cut and pasted from cagematch,net.

Singles Match

Bryan Danielson vs. Trent Beretta

Singles Match

QT Marshall (w/Aaron Solo & Nick Comoroto) vs. Swerve Strickland

Owen Hart Foundation Women's Tournament Qualifying Match

Willow Nightingale vs. Red Velvet

Singles Match

Jon Moxley vs. Wheeler Yuta

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

The problem with Rampage is that we already know what's on it, instead of like Dynamite where I can force Tony Khan to sign Toni Storm from the pre=show thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Really looking forward to Bryan Danielson vs. Trent and Jon Moxley vs. Wheeler Yuta.

WORD.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The sheer amount of quality wrestling given to us on a week to week basis is mind-blowing to me still.  Maybe it's because I'm still, even after a few years of AEW, getting past the WWE model of endless PPV's, mindless drivel TV shows, but man, i look forward to the cards weekly and I'd make a strong wager that every show, every week has a dream match for someone watching.  IT's awesome.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Really looking forward to Bryan Danielson vs. Trent and Jon Moxley vs. Wheeler Yuta.

I too am looking forward to these matches. I'll catch the show Power Hour style tomorrow morning and will heartily avoid spoilers until then.

• Like 3

Unlike most weeks I haven't read the spoilers, and will be rooting for a big Willow win.  For Velvet, I'd like to see a string of losses, a heel turn, and a moratorium on the awkward finisher.  She can stir it up all she wants with a proper heel agenda.  Some big matches.  And I'm not complaining about a Swerve-QT battle either.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Unlike most weeks I haven't read the spoilers, and will be rooting for a big Willow win.  For Velvet, I'd like to see a string of losses, a heel turn, and a moratorium on the awkward finisher.  She can stir it up all she wants with a proper heel agenda.  Some big matches.  And I'm not complaining about a Swerve-QT battle either.    

I'm still hoping Velvet is Jade's first loss to pay that storyline back.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

The sheer amount of quality wrestling given to us on a week to week basis is mind-blowing to me still.  Maybe it's because I'm still, even after a few years of AEW, getting past the WWE model of endless PPV's, mindless drivel TV shows, but man, i look forward to the cards weekly and I'd make a strong wager that every show, every week has a dream match for someone watching.  IT's awesome.

This is where I strive to be.  I’m in pure escapist mode.  I just can’t be bothered over who said what in some interview or social media post.  That would be a distraction from my distraction.  

Later I’ll get a kick out of how much you all seem to be enjoying the show when reading your posts.  

• Like 5

Yeah, every week. Except last week, when they accidentally set the upload date to Saturday instead of Friday. So the Bucks and the Martins came out for their match a day after it happened.

So they must have driven back pretty quickly, after teleporting to Dallas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, The Natural said:

I asked for #FTR vs. Young Bucks II and Samoa Joe vs. Minoru Suzuki in the AEW - APR 2022 topic, days later confirmation. Hell fucking yeah!

I hope you continue to use your powers for good.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Trent goes all New Japan Trent.  Oh man, Trent hanging with the stiffness of Bryan Danielson is fucking beautiful.  The kick in the stomach as Trent is mid Pescada was topped by Trent Saito Backdrop Driving  Danielson which is topped by Trent flying headfirst into the steel steps at full speed.  Trent is feeling the moment. Nice Superplex.  Nice German by Trent.  Danielson is fucking great.  KNEES INTO THE CRAVATE~!   William Regal is so great on commentary.  Put everybody over who deserves to be put over.  Another nice superplex.  Trent is so fucking underrated.  He fucking lays it in.  GOTCH STYLE PILEDRIVER~!  GREATEST FINISHER EVER!  Oh man, that match was fucking great.  Trent rules.  Bryan Danielson FUCKING RULES.  I dig Swerve and his weird ass wrestling stylings.  QT Marshall throws nice punches and he gets tiny offense in the tiny screen during the commercials.  Marshall takes Swerve's strangeness really well.  Oh cool, the tag match between Keith Lee and Powerhouse Hobbs and Ricky Starks and Shane Strickland is made!  Willow is over in Boston.  Maaaan, she should have gone over.  HOLY SHIT! MINORU SUZUKI vs SAMOA JOE!  SWEET SPINEBUSTER by Willow.  Man, Willow is a superstar.  Red Velvet is really great at making opponents look great,  She shouldn;t have gone over, but she is great at taking offense and making it look good.  And they did the striking section that has permeated the women;s division since Toni Storm debuted.  Wheeler Yuta IS Ricky Steamboat.  Moxley is fun being intense on the stick.  Yuta's tope is Darby Allinesque.  Yuta takes it to the streets!  Mox cuts him off with a German and a Brainbuster.  Moxley is such a fun brawler.  LOOKIT THE BLOOD!  YES!  BLOOD!  Yuta hits a near 1/4 Jericho in SMW crimson mask.  MOXLEY THROUGH A TABLE!  Yuta is fucking awesome in this.  Moxley is fucking great in this.  KICKS OUT OF THE PARADIGM SHIFT!  So fucking good.  Oh man, that match was motherfucking great.  That was brutality.  That was fucking great.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1