DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2022 - 1st Half

RIPPA

Just to go back to something 

Baltimore has now won 7 straight, are 2 games under .500 and are 3 1/2 out of the playoffs 

They keep fucking around and they might not be sellers at the deadline 

• Like 1

I almost forgot how sweet it is to see them doing well lately. I loved them when they sucked and there's always a chance things go downhill. But as of now it just feels so, so great. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Just to go back to something 

Baltimore has now won 7 straight, are 2 games under .500 and are 3 1/2 out of the playoffs 

They keep fucking around and they might not be sellers at the deadline 

They also have the #1 Overall Pick in the Draft next week. 

22 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I have been watching baseball for over 30 years and I still don't understand what a balk is or how this was one, but I will always - ALWAYS - support a walk off balk. A balk-off, if you will.

Short of dudes falling down or whatever, that's actually one of the more obvious balks I've seen in awhile.  

13 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This highlight has everything.  

And he'd have been safe if he'd you know, actually run after contact.

Just now, Tabe said:

Short of dudes falling down or whatever, that's actually one of the more obvious balks I've seen in awhile.  

Dudes falling down is the only time I can spot a balk haha I see pitchers do shit and I think HOW IS THAT NOT A BALK then another time a pitcher flinches and its a balk. Every time Jansen throws a pitch I dunno how he isn't balking.

• Like 1

Just now, Kevin Wilson said:

Dudes falling down is the only time I can spot a balk haha I see pitchers do shit and I think HOW IS THAT NOT A BALK then another time a pitcher flinches and its a balk. Every time Jansen throws a pitch I dunno how he isn't balking.

Well, in this case, he moved his glove around in a motion that looks a lot like starting a pitch - and then stopped.  Totally a balk.

The one that kills me that they never call is basically every lefty's pickoff move.  They call it correctly if the foot crosses over the rubber but then ignore the whole "have to step toward 1st to throw there" thing so you get dudes basically stepping directly toward home and still throwing over.

The Mariners optioned George Kirby to AAA

They say it is to help with his workload because between off days and the ASB - Kirby wasn't scheduled to start again until the last week of July

However - they are some (many???) that believe there is some service time manipulation afoot as if he spends two weeks in AAA, he will be right on the border of missing Super 2 status

He also would lock that up if he finishes in the Top 2 of AL Rookie of the Year voting so obviously not playing in the bigs can factor into that voting

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Mariners optioned George Kirby to AAA

They say it is to help with his workload because between off days and the ASB - Kirby wasn't scheduled to start again until the last week of July

However - they are some (many???) that believe there is some service time manipulation afoot as if he spends two weeks in AAA, he will be right on the border of missing Super 2 status

He also would lock that up if he finishes in the Top 2 of AL Rookie of the Year voting so obviously not playing in the bigs can factor into that voting

surprised they're even bothering with a cover story, really.  Service Time Manipulation is often pretty open and casual.

On 7/9/2022 at 1:29 AM, Kevin Wilson said:

I have been watching baseball for over 30 years and I still don't understand what a balk is or how this was one, but I will always - ALWAYS - support a walk off balk. A balk-off, if you will.

That's about the only way the Reds can win a game this year!

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

And apparently the Braves are immediately adding him to the major league roster

You can never have too many guys hitting .149!

Apparently the Royals trading guys who had a few good weeks pre-trade is gonna lead the guy becoming a star again. Soler last year in Atlanta and Carlos Santana so far in Seattle.

Meanwhile, we'll know tomorrow morning or afternoon if the Whit Merrifield consecutive games streak ends because of Big Toe Discomfort that caused him to leave today's game.