DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2022 - 1st Half

RIPPA

10 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Here we go.

That was great.  Joey seems like a really likeable dude.  I love that he told Albies he was mic'ed up immediately.  

Joey Votto doing breakdance lessons a couple times a week...can't say I would have ever guessed that, LOL.

You are also seeing why the Yanks are taking advantage of the 13 max pitchers not starting till May by carrying 16 pitchers in April

8 pitchers used so far - and if they can tie this up - they clearly will use more

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - Stanton hit a HR and stuck out 4 times

THREE TRUE OUTCOMES BABY~!

I'm pretty sure all 4 of those K's were on THREE STRAIGHT FUCKING PITCHES.

16 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Intentional Walks to set up inning-ending/game-winning GIDPs seems like such an obvious play with these rules that it's the one time to walk the go-ahead run.

My dream scenario is still ghost runner + automatic IBB + first pitch swinging GITP = 1 pitch inning

blink and you miss it, right back to commercials just like they wish it could always be

• Like 1

the worst case scenario for people like me who try to get back to my seat before the first pitch of the next inning when I go to the restroom at a game

yesterday in KC, walking through a tunnel with the wind blowing right at me was harsh experience. It was as bad as any wind tunnel I experienced when I was going to college.

JD Martinez on 2nd base just didn't give the Red Sox a good shot there.

It took awhile for the Royals to have an extra innings game at home in 2021, but they had enough fast-ish dudes to at least get the runner to 3rd so it's not as torturous a format for me during at least half of extras

The one time I experienced a 7 inning doubleheader was last April and it wasn't all that bad, but it was kinda weird to get home from a game at around 8pm on a Saturday Night (since the 7 inning game started around 5pm and ended with a walkoff HR in the bottom of the 7th). So that's my commentary on a rule that isn't in the majors this year.

Also gonna note that Greinke had a refreshing lack of frustrating stuff yesterday compared to some of the younger guys who still walk dudes.

Aaron Judge and the Yankees did not come to a contract agreement prior to the start of today's game, Judge's self-imposed deadline for negotiating a contract extension.  GM Brian Cashman then made the unusual step of announcing the details of the Yankees' offer to Judge - 7 years at $30.5m per with $17-$21m for his arbitration year.  Judge is already 29 with a long history of injury problems.  Seems like turning down $230m would be a mistake on his part.

7 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Aaron Judge and the Yankees did not come to a contract agreement prior to the start of today's game, Judge's self-imposed deadline for negotiating a contract extension.  GM Brian Cashman then made the unusual step of announcing the details of the Yankees' offer to Judge - 7 years at $30.5m per with $17-$21m for his arbitration year.  Judge is already 29 with a long history of injury problems.  Seems like turning down $230m would be a mistake on his part.

Allegedly Judge wants 9 years and more per year. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati