DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2022 - 1st Half

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

13 years to go on Bobby Bonilla's contract.  

Fun fact...

Getting rid of Bonilla led to the Mets getting Mike Hampton, who won NLCS MVP to lead the Mets into the World Series. Hampton left as a free agent. The compensatory pick for Hampton was David Wright. 

So the Bonilla contract actually worked out great for both sides. 

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's almost sad how happy I was to hear somebody say the Orioles aren't pushovers anymore. I would be thrilled if they get 4th or even 3rd place and can build off of that next season. 

But as of now I'm just thrilled I got the VPN to work for the MLB app so now I can watch games at home. Suck it, blackouts! 

16 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

But as of now I'm just thrilled I got the VPN to work for the MLB app so now I can watch games at home. Suck it, blackouts! 

You must tell me how you pulled that off.

• Like 2

The Dodgers were winning, then Craig Kimbrel gave up a bunch of runs, and then they lost to the Padres.

Wonder if the Dodgers will try to quietly move Kimbrel before the deadline (August 2nd) to avoid being stuck with him if it turns out that he's kinda washed up.

Also Royals/Tigers was on Peacock without broadcasters, the experience of no commentary but near constant interviews was a bit odd.

On 7/2/2022 at 4:35 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

It's almost sad how happy I was to hear somebody say the Orioles aren't pushovers anymore. I would be thrilled if they get 4th or even 3rd place and can build off of that next season. 

I saw the Orioles a lot last weekend when they played the White Sox. Defensively they looked very solid and it felt like they were catching everything being hit in the outfield by the White Sox. 

• Like 1

Baltimore is probably gonna be the team to benefit the most from the change in scheduling next year - less games against the AL East. More games against shitty NL teams.

On 7/3/2022 at 10:03 AM, Raziel said:

You must tell me how you pulled that off.

Before opening the MLB app I use Surfshark VPN on my smart TV app and my phone. Put them on the same country and city (Manchester in my case). Then I guess because it was the same city it allowed me to Chromecast it to the TV. 

Of course if it's just the phone then take the TV part out of it. Should work for any good VPN doing a similar process. 

7 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

So the Tigers signed two big dollar free agents this winter. 39 innings of 4.38 ERA from this guy and a 72 OPS+ from Javi Baez, who's making $23m/yr for six years. Good grief. 

Albert Pujols and Miguel Cabrera were both named to the All Star Game this year

The new CBA gave the commissioner the ability to add "legendary" players "as a recognition of the player’s career body of work, not their 2022 performance."

Everyone immediately knew that meant Pujols was getting selected.

What is weird/funny is that Miggy legit should be the Tigers actual representative this year.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Albert Pujols and Miguel Cabrera were both named to the All Star Game this year

The new CBA gave the commissioner the ability to add "legendary" players "as a recognition of the player’s career body of work, not their 2022 performance."

Everyone immediately knew that meant Pujols was getting selected.

What is weird/funny is that Miggy legit should be the Tigers actual representative this year.

You could make a case for a few relievers instead. Cabrera is hitting over .300, even if he has absolutely no power whatsoever, so I guess he's as good a pick as any.