DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2022 - 1st Half

RIPPA

Anthony Rendon will miss the rest of the season as he is having surgery on his wrist

Guess its a good thing the Nats didn't re-sign him. It allowed them to spend money on Stephen Strasburg

Oh....

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The Portland team should be named the Battered Bastards. It won't happen, but I'd love it.

I'm just hoping the Portland team isn't called "The A's"

• Haha 1

The Brewers have DFAed Lorenzo Cain

The Brewers have designated Lorenzo Cain for assignment. The move comes on the same day that he reached 10 years of MLB service time. Cain and the club came to a “mutual decision” about today’s roster move, per Adam McCalvy of MLB.com (via Twitter). Jonathan Davis was selected from Triple-A to take his roster spot, per the team.

Cain is one of the most respected players in the game, evidenced here by the Brewers’ willingness to wait until he reached 10 years of service time before the DFA. Cain’s second tour of duty with the Brewers was absolutely a success, despite this season’s struggles. The veteran center fielder was in the last year of the five-year contract he signed with the Brewers when he left Kansas City as a free agent. It’s not clear at this time what the future holds for Cain, but from his comments here*, it did not sound like he would be quick to find another club.

* - said comments (he sure sounds like he is ready to retire)

https://twitter.com/AdamMcCalvy/status/1538219818146574337?s=20&t=ClVS1m48ZzWrOCzlLTLRzg

Looking at the Reds this year and I have absolutely zero clue who their representative(s) will be for the All-Star Game. The default pick would be Joey Votto based on name value. Tyler Stephenson seemed to be the leading candidate for the ASG but now that’s he’s injured … no clue. Maybe Brandon Drury, Kyle Farmer or Tyler Mahle?

25 minutes ago, onelegbrynn said:

Looking at the Reds this year and I have absolutely zero clue who their representative(s) will be for the All-Star Game. The default pick would be Joey Votto based on name value. Tyler Stephenson seemed to be the leading candidate for the ASG but now that’s he’s injured … no clue. Maybe Brandon Drury, Kyle Farmer or Tyler Mahle?

Votto is hitting under .200. Unless the game was in Cincy and Reds fans were stuffing the ballot box - he isn't on the team.

This MLB article (https://www.mlb.com/news/each-team-s-most-deserving-2022-all-star) thinks it would be Drury. 

I personally would say Farmer is better but 3B in the NL is an easier path (especially since it looks like Manny Machado is gonna be out for a bit)

Normally managers tend to just randomly fill slots with RP but good lord no one should look at Cincy's bullpen

Gerrit Cole took got 7 1/3 innings of no hit ball.  Of course, Michael Kay jinxed it because he's Michael Kay.  

The Yankees are the first team to 50 wins.  

9 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Gerrit Cole took got 7 1/3 innings of no hit ball.  Of course, Michael Kay jinxed it because he's Michael Kay.  

The Yankees are the first team to 50 wins.  

The 50-17 start is the 3rd best 67 game start in franchise history - matching the 1998 team

Also the best in the majors since the 2001 Mariners

Yay for the 98 reference. Boo for the 01 reference

The Rays would also like to forget that game as they lost two outfielders as both Manuel Margot and Kevin Kiermaier to injury

Now Kiermaier being out probably helps the lineup but with Margot - who hurt his knee crashing into the OF wall - the Rays expect him to miss "significant time"

7 minutes ago, Mark said:

No idea where to put this.  I did a spit-take when I saw this on Twitter.  Whst a transformation.

You put it as a reply to the post Cobra Commander made saying the same thing 23 hours earlier ?