DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2022 - 1st Half

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This approach has gotten Josh the grand prize of a one (1) game suspension.   

He's appealing, but of course, since it's Donaldson, he's already going to miss tonight because --  of course -- he has COVID.   

Every thing is a work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Anderson recounting his response to Josh's "inside joke" in 2019:

I have no idea if Anderson's version is accurate or not.  I definitely think Donaldson was at least a bit out of line with what he said.  But...

It seems like it would be very, very expected that SOMEBODY will call you "Jackie" if you refer to yourself in that way.  

• Like 1

Because the (now former) mayor of Anaheim was corrupt and accepting bribes from the Anaheim Angels, the Anaheim City Council has voted unanimously to void a prior agreement to sell the team their stadium and 151 acres of surrounding land:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/anaheim-city-council-voids-agreement-to-sell-angel-stadium/ar-AAXI12o?li=BBnb7Kz

No mention of any charges for anyone involved in the bribery from the Angels' side but the FBI is investigating.

It was a tremendously sweetheart deal - $320m total for the stadium and land - and has now been voided.  Decent chance the Angels sue.  Expect lots more court nonsense and for the taxpayers of Anaheim to get screwed.

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1

The Yanks are the first team to hit 30 wins this season

The Mets would have joined them but they lost a wild ass 13-12 game to the Giants

It was 8-2 going into the 7th. The Mets scored 2 in the 7th and then 7 in the top of the 8th. So we are at 11-8.

Giants scored 3 in the bottom of the 8th (11-11) thanks to Joc Pederson's third HR of the game.

Mets score 1 in the top of the 9th and the Giants turn around and score 2 in the bottom of the 9th to win (The tying run driving in by Pederson who had 8 RBIs)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2022 at 9:44 AM, Craig H said:

The Cubs just might be able to make the Reds not look like the worst team in baseball over these next four games. I have faith that my shitty team is up to the task.

Reds 20, Cubs 5

Also - I just was reminded today that the Cubs/Reds is the Field of Dreams game this year

Just now, RIPPA said:

Reds 20, Cubs 5

Also - I just was reminded today that the Cubs/Reds is the Field of Dreams game this year

The Cubs somehow won the prior two games, but yeah, they allowed the Reds to do something that hasn't been done since I think 1897 - be so freaking bad and score 20 plus runs in a game.

I don't have any statistics to compare to, but I just did a quick count of qualified batters and only 19 players are at .300 or higher. That seems really low for late-May. I was kinda sad the Braves had none but its an issue about half the teams have so I can't feel too bad (Boston has three of the 19 because they are assholes). Normally I'm not huge on the 'ball is different!' yearly conspiracies but starting to believe it this year.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm guessing this won't help him find work...

Well, he needed to try SOMETHING after having ERAs of 9.90 and 6.23 the last two years.

Not particularly related - why do teams take guys that are fairly successful as starters and make them relievers?  In 2017, Martinez started 32 games, led the league with 2 shutouts, had 9.5 K/9 and an ERA+ of 116.  The following year, he had a 3.41 ERA as a starter and St. Louis put him in the bullpen.

White Sox have DFAed Dallas Keuchel

He was stinky last year and somehow was even fucking worse this year

He is in the last year of his deal making $18 million so clearly no one is claiming him

Yesterday was not a kind day to players

Tim Anderson strained his groin making a throw to first and was immediately placed on IL. MRI today will reveal the severity.

Twins called up Royce Lewis. He immediately ran into an OF wall and was placed on IL. (Bone bruise on his right knee)

Also from that same Twins/Royals game - both starting pitchers left early. Sonny Gray left after experiencing tightness in his pec. More ominous was for the Royals Zack Greinke got lit up again and then left early, leading to this quote

When he came out, we didn't know he had some issue in his forearm," Kansas City manager Mike Matheny said. "So that's probably something that may have been with him from the beginning that we weren't aware of. But unfortunately, the elbow area, the flexor area wasn't feeling great."

Not to be forgotten, Rockies SP Kyle Freeland left after landing awkwardly on his... checks notes... 107th pitch (and it was only the 6th Inning!)

It'd be funnier if I put this in the Stupid Crap thread, but: 

So, Ed, Phil, and Eddie have a new person to follow.   

I set the over/under on him being 'cancelled' at July 4. 

Look, I'm gonna suspend the politics rule just this once because they're directly related. 

After the Uvalde massacre, the Yankees and the Rays used their Twitter to talk about gun violence and what can be done to stop it.  

Apparently as a direct result of that, FL Governor Ron DeSantis will veto a $35 million dollar funding bill for the Rays new Spring Training facility.

This fuckin' guy...