DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2022 - 1st Half

RIPPA

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

but yes Boone is the devil 

He is...

But not for walking Miggy in that situation.  Boone's not going to do anything that a spreadsheet of instructions from the Army of Stat Geeks in Hal's Box doesn't specifically tell him to do.

Tim Anderson has been awarded his second suspension of the season as he was giving a game for flipping the bird to Cleveland fans on Wednesday (He got 2 games at the start of the season for bumping an ump)

hey now, let's not dig too deep into this Venezuela thing or else someone will talk about Salvador Perez being the catcher when Miggy went 26 for 73 (.356 average) vs the Royals in 2021/22

As for John Sterling, I would cast him as the high school principal in a teen movie. He's confounded by the kids these days, but he's the babyface compared to the ultimate heel, Mark "Neidermeyer" Metcalf, who wants to ruin all the fun. Sorta like John Sterling is the Lance Russell in this high school version of Memphis Wrestling.

I know that Matt Olson isn't going to always be hitting near .400 with a .600+ SLG and .500 OBP, but I am really glad he started hot as it really makes Braves fans more at ease with him coming in to replace Freeman. He doesn't need to (and can't) keep up those numbers but if he had come in hitting .100 it would have led to a lot of questioning and funny looks from impatient fans.

• Like 2

I'd wager because tickets vs a real team cost too much fucking money to watch 7 feast or famine hitters and 2 free outs because a spreadsheet says they should be 5 games over .500.

I'm not bitter about how this team is constructed and ran,  why do you ask?

Well, today was certainly feast as they won 10-2.  Despite the efforts of that kid they threw out there in the 9th, the lead was too large to give away. 

They've copied Seattle and now have Garlic Fries which were quite good.

Also I met Jomboy momentarily.  And I knew it was him because, of course, he wears his own merch. Overall, a fine day at the ballpark.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcwFy6sr2D3/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Kyle Schwarber lost his mind at an umpire last night and if you guessed it was Angel Hernandez - you win nothing

Kyle Schwarber was ejected in the ninth inning for arguing balls and strikes as frustrations boiled over in the Philadelphia Phillies' 1-0 loss to the Milwaukee Brewers Sunday night.

Schwarber struck out looking in the final frame, turned around from home plate umpire Angel Hernandez, slammed his bat to the batter's box ground and tossed his helmet, ultimately ending up confronting Hernandez as the latter was ejecting the veteran slugger.

Phillies manager Joe Girardi eventually took over the argument -- albeit in a more subdued manner -- as an irate Schwarber walked back to the dugout.

Schwarber then took a few steps out from the dugout to scream "All night!" to the umpire, and "Both sides!" essentially saying that neither the Phillies nor the Brewers were getting a fair shake of the calls.

"I'm not here to bury anyone, but it wasn't very good," Schwarber said in his postgame availability. "You wish ... I don't know how to really say it. It just wasn't very good. Guys were doing a really good job tonight of not saying much. It just got to me to where I was going to stick up for some other guys."

The Brewers saw some of the tendencies that set off Schwarber, as well.

"Everybody saw the game and everybody saw that he was at least consistent for both teams. I'm not gonna say he was good because he wasn't, but at least he was consistent for both teams," Brewers catcher Omar Narvaez said. "Sometimes you just got to adjust and not leave the decision to the umpire."

"It was a consistently big zone. It was just a little big in a lot of areas," Brewers manager Craig Counsell said after the win. "I think Schwarber said it was big on both sides. And there was bound to be somebody upset when it's like that."

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

Not gonna lie, I am very ready for robo-umpires.

I was ready 5+ years ago.  I don't see any negatives to it, so long as they're accurate.

• Like 2