DVDVR Message Board

Which TV Cast Would You Want To Hang Out With?

DEAN

Being retired, I watch a lot of TV (and a lot of wrestling) and I watch Barney Miller every day.  I remember Quinton Tarantino talking about hang out movies, with characters you want to hang out with.  The fourth season of Barney Miller would be the guys I'd want to hang out with.  Dinner with Dietrich, lunch with Yamana, a hockey game with Wojo, and Sunday afternoon listening to stories by Lt Lugar.  Harris wouldn't want to hang out with me.  Barney would be too busy.  And you?  

• Like 1

I would hang out with Lugar all day every day. That guy fucks.

If I have to choose my own thing it would be The Carol Burnett show or WKRP (this works for both the characters and the cast). Trade conspiracy theories with Les, go to a "singles" bar with Herb. Get high with Johnny Fever and get hooked up with some ladies by Venus Flytrap?  And top it all off with drinks with Mr. Carlson.

Although being Lt. Columbo's annoying younger assistant would be a gas. Maybe be his driver. Drive that Peugeot around rich-people 70s L.A. and just marvel with him at modern things like answering machines and pagers and then maybe I can be the guy that blocks the door while he's revealing the final clue to Robert Culp.

I would have thrown Karl Kolchak in there but I get the sense he would ditch me so fast. That guy was a loner, man. An absolute enigma. Plus if I had to live in Chicago in the 70s it would be with Cheech & Chong from Things Are Tough All OVer.

Edited by piranesi
  • Like 3

I could easily hang with the cast of either WKRP or Cheers

I'd delude myself into thinking I could hang with the seasons 1-3 version of the Senior Staff on the TheWest Wing but those dudes are animals for political theater and I'd tap out by day 2

James

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, piranesi said:

I would hang out with Lugar all day every day. That guy fucks.

If I have to choose my own thing it would be The Carol Burnett show or WKRP (this works for both the characters and the cast). Trade conspiracy theories with Les, go to a "singles" bar with Herb. Get high with Johnny Fever and get hooked up with some ladies by Venus Flytrap?  And top it all off with drinks with Mr. Carlson.

Although being Lt. Columbo's annoying younger assistant would be a gas. Maybe be his driver. Drive that Peugeot around rich-people 70s L.A. and just marvel with him at modern things like answering machines and pagers and then maybe I can be the guy that blocks the door while he's revealing the final clue to Robert Culp.

I would have thrown Karl Kolchak in there but I get the sense he would ditch me so fast. That guy was a loner, man. An absolute enigma. Plus if I had to live in Chicago in the 70s it would be with Cheech & Chong from Things Are Tough All OVer.

You would also prob have to take care of his dog and/or hang out with Kate Mulgrew.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, piranesi said:

Literally the first thing I thought of. Bumming around people's homes and eating their food, until they get so annoyed and slip up.

14 hours ago, odessasteps said:

You would also prob have to take care of his dog and/or hang out with Kate Mulgrew.

I don't accept Kate Mulgrew as Mrs. Columbo. Mrs. Columbo is slighty overweight, loves her stories, and is too invested in the lives of her seemingly endless supply of siblings, nieces, nephews, and cousins.

• Like 2

I think for my choice, it would be living in Cicely, Alaska and getting into weird Twin Peaks-lite adventures with the cast of Northern Exposure.  Helping Ed with his movies, attempting to date (and hopefully not dying because of it) pre-conservative christian radio host Janine Turner, sitting in absolute silence and enjoying every minute of it with Marilyn

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

For some reason, woke up thinking Night Court would have been fun. Drinking games with Marsha Warfield specifically. (BTW, she's still out there doing standup)

You'd be trapped in Harry's office, forced to watch him workshop tricks

4 minutes ago, elizium said:

You'd be trapped in Harry's office, forced to watch him workshop tricks

Hanging out watching Harry Anderson do close-up magic sounds rad as hell.

• Like 2

I don't know about all y'all, but Thomas and I are jumping in the Ferrari and heading to the King Kamehameha for some drinks with the guys, then later TC is taking us up in the chopper with a case of beer. I just hope Higgins doesn't sick the lads on us when we get back to the estate...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Oh shit, best answer...

Trailer Park Boys

The problem is that you'd have to hang out in a trailer park.  And I'd probably get shot if I hung out with Ricky and Julien..