DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 4/6/2022

3 minutes ago, Peck said:

Bobby Fucking Cruise

That was a nice touch having Bobby Cruise as ring announcer for #FTR vs. The Young Bucks for the ROH World Tag Team Championship and AAA Tag Team Championship.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Rewatching Bucks/FTR and the cut from Dax dropping Nick's headband in his trunks right to a close-up of Cash with his tongue out should win AEW an Emmy.

E: FTR's ROH logo trunks are boss

Edited by Zimbra
  • Like 6

Great action packed show as usual. Love seeing Joe back in the ring. I was starting to dig Jay Lethal in AEW in the ring as a veteran babyface after never caring for him in the past, I really don't think I'm gonna like this new heel role with him. 

Dig seeing Captain Shawn Dean get another Dynamite win and his awesome Street Fighter-esque theme music. The pop for Wardlow was pretty massive here. 

Jade's promo was excellent. Really looking forward to Jade/Shafir. They've done a fantastic job building that in a relatively small way and put a lot of importance on Jade getting win #30, making this feel special.

The tables match was a bit of a cluster. Liked Matt's old school gear look. Was shocked when Jeff went through the table so early and thought the match had ended, then it went to picture in picture, then realized it was elimination but Jeff would still participate and end up winning. Matt taking the double suplex over the rail to ringside looked brutal. 

Shida/Julia was solid. Fun brawl with Team Taz vs Swerve/Keith in the back.

Epic main event that delivered to the hype. Can't believe it had been 18 months since their last match, hell of a way of making matches feel more special. And this time with the roles reversed. Amazing week for FTR, well deserved victory.

• Like 1

So much to love. Can't remember it all.

Joe's facial expressions during the rap!

Muscle Buster!

Shida laying it in!

The Captain > The Chairman!

The Captain > The Pinnacle!!

Adam Cole old-school-heeling his way to a win!

What an amazing four days for the Full Time Rasslers! Two MOTYCs in that span!

Those near-falls! That reversal!

Briscoes Match > This match > Bux vs FTR I, and it ain't like their first match was chopped liver.

Wardlow yeeting security!!

Pissed off Mad King is THE BEST!

Jade's  "Problem Solver" made me think of Travis Tomko, and 2004. The last time I was really into WWE... I'd been waiting for something like AEW since then. I'm enjoying it so much now.

Edited by Gordlow
Rosa->Jade. My bad.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I am rewatching the episode and I just watched the Julia Hart/Hikaru Shida match and the postmatch staredown with Serena Deeb.  It dawned on me that with this new striking based style of the women's division, Deeb will FINALLY get to punch somebody and she has the best punches in wrestling, so I will party and freak out.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I rewatched the main event synched up with Akki and Mei Suruga.  Mei is adorable, especially at the point where Dax Harwood piledrives a buck.

I have a premonition of what I consider to be a likely future. Andrade and the HFO vs Sting/Darby and the Hardys. Blood. And. Guts.

I dread it because you know Jeff's going to come up with something particularly ridiculously extreme for it.

1 hour ago, SirFozzie said:

I have a premonition of what I consider to be a likely future. Andrade and the HFO vs Sting/Darby and the Hardys. Blood. And. Guts.

I dread it because you know Jeff's going to come up with something particularly ridiculously extreme for it.

Been wondering what the next Blood & Guts line-up will be. I hope it's not that with the state the Hardys are in. I can see that though. Other possibilities: Jericho Appreciation Society vs. Eddie Kingston/Santana/Ortiz/?/?. The Elite implosion (don't care with Adam Cole's involvement) or Jericho Appreciation Society vs. Regal of Honour - Sports Entertainers vs. Wrestlers.

AEW doesn't rush to tag team rematches. Two years between #FTR vs. Young Bucks at Full Gear 2020/Dynamite, 6th April 2022 and Young Bucks vs. Lucha Brothers, All Out 2019/All Out 2021. I don't think we'll be getting the rubber match at Double or Nothing 2022.

I was kinda iffy on FTR being faces, but it’s actually the right move. FTR just have the right charisma to carry the babyface end of a traditional face vs. heel tag match. I hope all the teams that portray baby faces learn from these FTR matches.

Fans also better watch out. You’re about to see an all time great run with FTR on top.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 4

Not even the Jackson’s refusal to make FTR’s offense look credible could ruin that main event. Rod and Tod were just walking upright 15 minutes into that match. Not selling shit. Folks should just start beating their asses until they can’t help but sell. Right team went over.

In agreement on Jade’s act. She’s finally clicked as a top star. Her new “Baddies” gimmick is a nice extra layer to her heel persona, and the Mark Sterling pairing is producing the chemistry I didn’t actually expect. Really doing a good job of constantly passing the mic back-and-forth like a team to avoid Jade from rambling during her promos. Much better than the constant teasing that Mark could get fired at any moment.

But as much praise as I can give it I can also see this entire act if recycled as a face, getting a negative treatment. So hopefully when it’s time, they shed off some of this heel character to avoid a backlash. Or they can keep doing the “Baddies” thing, but also call her male fans “Fatties” in an endearing way.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

Holy shit.  This is what happens when you're not beholden to promoting 14 PPVs plus random Saudi Blood Money Mania shows per year.  You can put on a card like this and cap it off with a PPV quality main with the two best teams in the world.  God damn!

I do need to say AEW needs to dial back on the sheer amount of stuff they're promoting at once.  Counting the match Hangman mentioned, they promoted TWO Rampages (I think), next week's Dynamite, and Battle of the Belts.  I was getting confused there.

Speaking of confusion, those table match rules.  I am completely behind only letting an offensive move win because you shouldn't win a table match by being talented at getting out of the way.  But I thought it was elimination rules.  Then I thought, "okay, it's elimination rules, but B&B are just cheating."  Then Jeff came back and I thought, "okay, he's just cheating to even it up."  Then Jeff got the win and I didn't know what the fuck was going on.  Ugly match with 4 good spots.

Adam Cole is such a great scumbag heel, ring-work wise.  Always cheats to get the finish.  Nutshots and eyepokes as far as the eye can see.  Reminds me of Jericho's story where he said, "I'm a heel.  My finish is a rollup." Match started meh and got better and that's not all Cole's fault.  Christian is kind of boring.  YMMV.

Welcome back, Samoa Joe.  Fuck yeah.

Shawn Spears vs Shawn Dean.  GODDAMMIT PAL YOU NEED TO CHANGE ONE OF THEIR NAMES

Oh no Julia Hart the darkness is spreading.  Is there a topical cream or lozenge she can take for that?  I've had untreated sinus infections that healed faster.  Apparently side effects of the black mist include a total inability to go up for a vertical suplex.

I enjoyed how the kayfabe security guys went after Wardlow while he was able to stroll right past the bored looking shoot security guys.  We should all be as amazingly happy as the dude with two beers strolling behind Wardlow.

LOOOOOOL Keith Lee doing some remodeling.  That wall was not up to code.

Oh shit pissed off Christian.  He's turning heel on JE any day now.

Eddie Kingston & P&P are the fucking best.  God damn right come to the ring without music.

SOMEBODY FIX THIS TV

Fuck, Sammy and Tay are tiresome.

Jade is tired of these MMA washouts!  Great promo.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 7

I know I made the Omega 2021 analogy earlier but FTR right now really reminds me of that where the most talented act in the division is like “alright, I spent a year kind of fucking around, being a little hurt, and not being on top, but I’m gonna go on ahead and take this over now”. 

And I know Dax in particular struggles with his weight but IMO the chunky Arn look works way better for them than when they try to lean up 

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 3

Well… I finally got my Christian match. Woo!  Good to see him have a match with AC.  Crowd was fire.  Liking it!

Welcome back to Massachusetts Joe.  We love him here ever since winning the NXT title in Lowell.  Whooped that Caster ass.  But those bars ruled it.  Wicked Pissah, dude.

Its kind of hard to recall a lot of the rest of the show as FTR/Bucks reached levels of Wicked Pissah Awesome heretofore unseen in New England in quite some time.  

I just about shit myself when Uncle Dax actually caught Nick in mid air for the power bomb.  That foot on the rope could not have been better timed.  While the last match was more of a parade of tag team finisher greatest hits.  This was more about how all The Bucks big moves and shenanigans just weren’t paying off this time.  FTR put them down hard.  

I love you, AEW.

• Like 7