DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 4/6/2022

1 minute ago, John from Cincinnati said:

@The Natural's neighbours don't realize how lucky they are. 

Man, I'm relieved the right result came to pass.

FPtKWU2WQAAD9j7?format=jpg&name=small

Great rematch between #FTR and The Young Bucks. Wish it went longer using the time taken up by the bad tables match between the Hardys vs. The Butcher and the Blade.

• Like 2

Do I think you kinda suck? Wrestle Christian and I won't for at least a day. If I had to pick one wrestler on Earth to walk me through a competent TV match I think it'd be Christian.

I remembered I have a disproportionate amount of *great* live memories of Sonjay Dutt in CZW and I'm kind of a mark for the guy.

The Yuta thing's cool and I want him to beat every member of Best Friends under Pure Rules on RoH programming (more heelishly every time, natch, nobody knows how much better he is as a heel). Here's a free line if you're ever feuding w/ Blackpool Combat Club - "Why is a guy who never won a World Championship bossing around two guys who have?". Love ya Regal but that's free heat.

So that promo was the best thing Jade Cargill's ever done. They gave her promo reps on B-shows, they stuck her with a guy who can talk, they prioritize her progress. Tonight was aaaalllll that paying off, I'm not saying it was an all-time great promo but if that's her baseline then I'm a lot more confident in her ability to live up to the hype. Semi-ditto Jungle Boy, even if I think his new promo style plays a little too close to what Hangman's been doing.

Hikaru Shida vs. Julia Hart was good visual wrestling cause one was really red and had fancy clothes on and the other was really green (wait...) and had an eyepatch. This shit matters on TV! Shida fukken lays it in when she feels like it and she's still a top five female talent in this company. Judging by her commitment to stuff like learning English, being the thankless COVID champ and doing her wild theatrical laser-show prowres, I'd have to say she is a being of pure work ethic. If you need a good back-up plan try "give Shida the ball".

Watching Old Man Hardys work through what I gotta assume is gonna be their last big-time run has me wondering what the Bucks will look like when they can't back handspring. Less heat on FTR/Bucks to start then I or they woulda liked but they really do bring out the best in each other and cover each other's faults. Not that I'm sure how many faults FTR have at this juncture. This was a lesser match than the Briscoes classic and lacked the genius finish of the first match but this was still absurdly good free TV wrestling. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Adam Cole versus Christian Cage was strange- in that they have this insane crowd and the match starts ice cold (I mean, what do these two guys have against each other?)

Christian is with the Jurassic Express who are dealing with Adam Cole's friends. AEW sorta handles this like it's a high school and the students (wrestlers) need a teacher (older wrestler) as the club sponsor so that the club can meet after school

so it's the most natural of all feuds: "my friends don't like your friends"

• Like 3

As much as I'd like to believe I'm above really getting wrapped up in any of this stuff, I would have been actively upset if FTR had come off that match with the Briscoes, and then lost the titles to the Bucks on a bullshit belt shot finish that the ref somehow didn't see. In 2022, I'd say that's good heat.

• Like 10

I feel like Caster really ups his bars for the bigger names, "I end careers faster than your father in law" for Danielson, now some great ones for Joe. I love how Joe was half agreeing with them too, being injury prone and NXT losing in the ratings but everyone knowing Joe was gonna kill someone in a minute... WHICH HE DID!

There was one closeup on Julia where it looked like there was some black leaking around the eyepatch, maybe like the mist is growing under there. I'm really liking the slow burn on whatever is happening with her and it was cool seeing her get chippy with someone established liked Shida.

My god I could not get into that Hardys/Butcher and Blade match. So going through a table was an elimination but since it was no DQ Jeff and Butcher were allowed to hang out but Jeff got the winning move of the match? I feel like both teams are better than that but it is weird seeing the Hardys in the class gear in this year of our lord. I know you don't want to run the Broken stuff into the ground but if you've got Brother Nero back.......

Yeah, with Dean there, that was the second best FTR match this week but holy shit still a banger. It's been a while but I feel like I prefer it to the first. Sure the Bucks are different than Dem Boyz but just shows FTR can match either team's style. 

So, being from Jersey, it's this thing where we'll support any wrestler from Jersey. But for some reason I never had any attachment to Lethal and, I think him saying "I've decided to speak my mind from now on" hits it, like people from NJ aren't exactly the types to bite our tongues, ever...

Speaking of.... Holy shit that Kingston promo was masterful. Dude isn't out there trying to monologue or perform, "I'm going to beat the shit out of you every time I see you, and Daniel Garcia I know where you live."   Top top top top top stuff.  Also - KENNY POWERS JERSEY

Edited by Nineteen
Kenny Powers
  • Like 7

They kept talking about a PPV caliber card show and I think they realized it was kind of weak so tried to get it over.

Opener started so slow I thought they were going to go for a Broadway. Assuming Cole wasn’t in the right spot for Christian’s leapfrog over the post? Built to a decent match, but mostly just to build to a Texas Deathmatch because I guess  Cole losing totally clean doesn’t count.

Caster’s rap was great. He’s not quite at the Isiah Kassidy level of screaming from a beating but he’s up there, and Joe was laying it in.

Tables match was kind of a mess but I guess Jeff Hardy didn’t paralyze himself or anyone else yet so that’s good. Like, early on they said Jeff was eliminated but then they just said No DQ but if I’m Andrade I call mierda de toro and claim Jeff Hardy wasn’t legal to win the match

Jade Cargill calling out MMA losers was the line of the night and got a huge pop. She’s getting there.

Hart-Shida was competitive and stiff, seems like something they’re going for with this tournament.

Main event was everything I love about pro wrestling except maybe one too many nearfalls.

Honestly other than the main Rampage is looking like a much better show. Still, I enjoyed myself and goddamn FTR is the fucking best.

• Like 5

Finish to #FTR vs. The Young Bucks. Matt Jackson spits in the face of Harwood as #FTR set up the BTE Trigger, do the kiss on the cheeks taunt that the Bucks do followed by the Big Rig for the three.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Nineteen said:

Speaking of.... Holy shit that Kingston promo was masterful. Dude isn't out there trying to monologue or perform, "I'm going to beat the shit out of you every time I see you, and Daniel Garcia I know where you live."   

The sports entertainer with a response:

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Finish to #FTR vs. The Young Bucks. Matt Jackson spits in the face of Harwood as #FTR set up the BTE Trigger, do the kiss on the cheeks taunt that the Bucks do followed by the Big Rig for the three.

I loved how the announcers put over the fact that you can’t beat FTR with the Big Rig because only they have true mastery of it. That’s old school as fuck.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I don't really have much to add. That was a fun show and FTR/Young Bucks totally delivered with the right team going over.

I liked the nod to Gorilla Monsoon with Excalibur's, "They're hanging from the rafters." and JR's "Will you stop?".

• Like 9

Great fucking show.

Why is Joe's body so pink? So distracting.

Hangman looked like a BOSS. Cole is dying a glorious death next week.

Main event was a work of art. Absolutely magnificent. 

One think that stuck in my craw tho...too many run ins/shenanigans tonight. No need for that in literally every segment. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1