DVDVR Message Board

Can't move pages back/forward

BrianS81177

I dunno if it's just me or if this is a problem for everyone, but the past couple days I haven't been able to move from page to page by clicking on the page numbers. So for example if I'm on page 2 of a thread and want to go to page 3, clicking on the 3 (or even on next) does nothing. 

It been a known problem (well at least by us) for awhile now

I have no idea if the board folks are ever gonna update it or if we are also just gonna have to suffer

Sometimes changing browsers helps but not always

And I should note its not consistent - like I am in Chrome and just moved back and forth fine in the NFL thread.

But if I use Safari on my phone - it doesn't work

• 5 weeks later...

I'm still not able to read ANYTHING more that the page I'm on...clicking to go forward/backwards, to the beginning of the thread or even by typing in the page number that you desire into the page listing widget pop-up....and nothing works? Still no help from anyone on that madness?

I'd just like to be able to read in this amazing community like I used to. Now it's whatever page you land on, and your stuck.

Long live this board!

I'm usually (always) able to switch pages if I click on the topic title first, then navigate to the page I want.  My habit used to be to enter the thread by clicking on the  latest page.  That never works.  If I click on the title, then select a page once I'm in the thread, I can usually move forward or back.

Hopes that helps.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti

• 5 months later...

I haven't been able to move pages back or forward on my android phone or tablet for quite a while now. It briefly seemed to fix itself in the summer but now it's back to me having to manually change the page numbers. No issues on my PC though.

Edited by BrianS81177

It's starting to piss me off but I might get used to it eventually. If it starts doing that on my phone I'll really be pissed but it hasn't... yet.

It might help to know that I'm stuck to using this shitty Microsoft Bing that came with my new laptop. Not being able to use Google out of the gate and having to get on manually/temporarily sucks.

Edited by Curt McGirt

• 2 weeks later...

What is really weird is on my work laptop, in Chrome, the pages work fine. But on my home computer, in Chrome, the pages won't move back/forward unless I open them as a new tab. Both are Win10. Trying to figure out the differences between the two so I can find the root cause.

Just bumping this one with a quick update on this issue - for two glorious hours last night, everything randomly worked completely perfectly again for me: page navigation, tagging users, jumping to page #s, forward/back arrows - now this morning, for some reason, it's over. Not sure if any changes were made overnight/after Full Gear, but I figured it was worth mentioning since so many of us seem to have this issue.

• 1 month later...

Everything seems just sort of random. Doesn't matter which browser or anything like that.

Sometimes I can use the page thing to go through the threads, sometimes I can't.

Sometimes my links to tweets automatically embed, sometimes they don't.

Not sure whether the issue is on my end or the server end, honestly.