DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 4/4/2022 - 4/10/2022

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, For Great Justice said:

The Elias thing can be dumb wrestling fun if  it gets a little runway. Is Elias stealing Ezekiel’s identity? Did Ezekiel steal Elias’s? Where is Elias! Dumb vignettes with terrible CGI showing both at once to prove it isn’t him, etc. 

if Paul Bearer was still with us, he could tell Ezekiel that “your brother Elias is alive” like it was 1997. Followed by “real Ezekiel” arriving as “new Elias”

Codys promo was good…I guess but some of it came off really forced and maybe a bit disingenuous? I dunno.

What I will say is if he cuts that same promo in 2 or 3 weeks time instead of last night when the Mania buzz is gone and casual fan isn’t in attendance I don’t think it goes so well. 

I misread the YouTube video as “Rhodes comes face to face with Reigns” and thought huh .. interesting ..

But no. It was Rollins, and an extended program with this weird ‘Colin Farrell in Phone Booth’ version of Rollins, who has an air of some bejewelled gigolo pulling tricks smiling on the outside & broken on the inside, while Cody is doing some weird attempt at crocodile tears .. yeah, it’s not that. 

Boy the Raw after Wrestlemania gimmick is totally dead isn't it? The only new people you get are Veer & Elias? I know they had toned down the big debuts and cool shit happening the last few years. But this was downright just a regular episode of boring ass Raw. Yuck.

Cody's promo was as fake as fake can be. And with this being WWE and details not mattering I'm not surprised, but weird not a single person opposed the promo based on the fact Dusty never challenged for The Universal Title... ya know the only one left (for now).

Super promo heavy show. Cody, Bianca, Owens, House of (not) Black, Roman. So the Raw after Wrestlemania is full on filler now lol. Ya know I enjoyed both nights of Mania a lot. I was hoping they would try and keep up some of that momentum but I learned my lesson... WWE TV isn't for me anymore. PPVs only.

And what was the point of building to a Roman promo all night just for him to say nothing and push it to Smackdown? No new challenger. No interruption. No new direction for a story for him? There was zero need for this filler ass shit. WWE TV in general.

• Like 2

Yeah, content of Cody’s promo was good, but he went once too many times to the well of his overly mannered, fake “getting choked up” act, which is one of the worst things he does.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, J.H. said:

If he had a more defined jaw h could be the late Robert Z'Dar's stunt double

Well shit, now I want Ezekiel to star in Samurai Cop The Return!

James

We got that in 2015.

Samurai Cop 2: Deadly Vengeance" poster : r/movies

Tommy Wiseau is one of the villains.

• Thanks 1

2,101,000 viewers, the highest since Jan 4 2021. P18-49: 0.63 (820,000) the highest since Aug 23 2021.

Hour 1 of Raw averaged 2,318,000 viewers, numbers not averaged since March 16, 2020, the first Raw of the pandemic era.

FPm1PCLXEAMKHyy?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

2,101,000 viewers, the highest since Jan 4 2021. P18-49: 0.63 (820,000) the highest since Aug 23 2021.

Hour 1 of Raw averaged 2,318,000 viewers, numbers not averaged since March 16, 2020, the first Raw of the pandemic era.

FPm1PCLXEAMKHyy?format=jpg&name=small

Wow!

• Like 2

Now if only they did ANYTHING OF VALUE on this show they could have kept some of those extra viewers. But this show was devoid of anything meaningful at all. Another case for why a filler episode coming off of Mania is just a waste of everyone's time.

• Like 2

A bump was expected. Last night's number really highlights how poor Raw's ratings have been the past 2 years. 

Let's see if they can sustain or grow that number or if they're back to 1.7-1.8 mil in a couple weeks.

I'm seeing a lot of attribution to John de La Fontaine. The Kung Fu Panda thing would be funny. But the most Cody explanation of all is he probably owns a couple of books filled with great quotes and profound-sounding stuff, and he'll happily pull from them like Lawler with a joke book.

Edited by John from Cincinnati