Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APR 2022


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, kafkonia said:

Has being in an angle with Lambert helped anyone? Other than the people he brought with him, I guess.

They keep putting him with the wrong talent, as his barbs have too much stinging truth to them, which helps no one. If It was exaggerated fluff stuff w/ "old man shouting at clouds" to get at Page, Cole, Punk etc. then that's one thing .. but Cody/Brandi & Sammy? Yeesh. A little too close to the bone with those guys.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, but Samuel and Taynara are going heel anyway right? So he's kind of helping that.

Smashing someone's car is such a WWE trope that I knew then and there that this was definitely the plan. 

Also he's de facto completely neutral in the Inner Circle breakup, which is weird (guess he lives in the Sammyverse). I suspect that's still how they'll do the actual turn, though obviously he's not joining JAS.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tay and Sammy are really getting into that Cody territory of "no way they think this is a babyface act, right?  Please?"  Unless they're going heel, this gimmick has really screwed (pardon the pun) both of them.  Sammy has gone from "crazy athletic smug prick" to "crazy athletic smug prick who won't stop talking about fucking his hot girlfriend."  Nobody wants to be friends with that guy.  Tay has gone from "super nice underdog who everybody knows has improved by leaps and bounds, won't stop fighting, and is really cool to a kid who lost his dad" to "generic arm candy with no agency, used as a prop so Sammy can brag about fucking."  Ugh.  Please stop this.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Tay and Sammy are really getting into that Cody territory of "no way they think this is a babyface act, right?  Please?"  Unless they're going heel, this gimmick has really screwed (pardon the pun) both of them.  Sammy has gone from "crazy athletic smug prick" to "crazy athletic smug prick who won't stop talking about fucking his hot girlfriend."  Nobody wants to be friends with that guy.  Tay has gone from "super nice underdog who everybody knows has improved by leaps and bounds, won't stop fighting, and is really cool to a kid who lost his dad" to "generic arm candy with no agency, used as a prop so Sammy can brag about fucking."  Ugh.  Please stop this.

This reminds me of a time I was at a bar with friends and my friends phone was on the table by my elbow. So we're all having a good time and his phone vibrates and I look down and it's a picture of his girlfriend and the name pops up as,  "Sex Kitten."  I am not the type of person who can see that and not want to ask 150 questions. I didn't ask, and quite frankly I didn't want to know the answers,  but please don't give me a reason to ask questions about your sex life.  Next time I'm just going to ask. I didn't make this awkward,  you did, and now I'm going to sink into it. 

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Tay and Sammy are really getting into that Cody territory of "no way they think this is a babyface act, right?  Please?"  Unless they're going heel, this gimmick has really screwed (pardon the pun) both of them.  Sammy has gone from "crazy athletic smug prick" to "crazy athletic smug prick who won't stop talking about fucking his hot girlfriend."  Nobody wants to be friends with that guy.  Tay has gone from "super nice underdog who everybody knows has improved by leaps and bounds, won't stop fighting, and is really cool to a kid who lost his dad" to "generic arm candy with no agency, used as a prop so Sammy can brag about fucking."  Ugh.  Please stop this.

Tay and Sammy would be perfect as heels doing an annoying instagram couple gimmick, but I can also understand them not wanting to go that way because of the shit they get online already.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Zimbra said:

Tay and Sammy would be perfect as heels doing an annoying instagram couple gimmick, but I can also understand them not wanting to go that way because of the shit they get online already.

Chip and Joanna vignettes would be fire. Lots of opportunity with the amount of shiplap in the Guevara household

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Chip and Joanna vignettes would be fire. Lots of opportunity with the amount of shiplap in the Guevara household

I mean they are from Texas as well... (I'm glad Chip Gaines gets brought up so I can finally ask - is it just me or does he resemble AJ Styles?)

 

Spoiler

Chip Gaines, Joanna Gaines' Relationship Timeline

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

I mean they are from Texas as well... (I'm glad Chip Gaines gets brought up so I can finally ask - is it just me or does he resemble AJ Styles?)

 

  Hide contents

Chip Gaines, Joanna Gaines' Relationship Timeline

 

Dude.  I have thought the exact thing.  Maybe Chip with a little Billy Ray Cyrus thrown in, but your point stands.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Tay and Sammy are really getting into that Cody territory of "no way they think this is a babyface act, right?  Please?"  Unless they're going heel, this gimmick has really screwed (pardon the pun) both of them.  Sammy has gone from "crazy athletic smug prick" to "crazy athletic smug prick who won't stop talking about fucking his hot girlfriend."  Nobody wants to be friends with that guy.  Tay has gone from "super nice underdog who everybody knows has improved by leaps and bounds, won't stop fighting, and is really cool to a kid who lost his dad" to "generic arm candy with no agency, used as a prop so Sammy can brag about fucking."  Ugh.  Please stop this.

This. I've always found Sammy Guevara slapable and I really liked Tay Conti but I can't stand seeing the two on TV together. Reminds me of putting the real life relationship of Seth Rollins/Becky Lynch on screen in 2019 but this is even worse. Fuck!

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/5/2022 at 9:37 PM, Hector said:

Wish they used a more polished dude to debut Joe. We'll see, I guess.

 

Max may not be great in-ring, but he's safe, and he stays over despite losing, which is a damn valuable skill to have, especially for a heel.

perfect guy to sacrifice to Joe.

 

I do think Sammy/Tay are gonna turn at some point, Tay's definitely acting more heelish intentionally.

I'd have Sammy come out to help Eddie for a bit vs JAS, then turn and join with Jericho (or turn but Eddie saw it coming, then Tay low blows Eddie which Eddie didn't see coming- Eddie should never look like a total idiot)

Edited by alstein
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

I mean they are from Texas as well... (I'm glad Chip Gaines gets brought up so I can finally ask - is it just me or does he resemble AJ Styles?)

 

  Hide contents

Chip Gaines, Joanna Gaines' Relationship Timeline

 

I dont know who these people are but skimming past I thought the woman was AJ Lee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Internet detectives mostly only thrive at harassment, but sure go off. 

Also, feel free to provide a link to that study. If it exists, I shouldn't need to do my own research. Somebody else has already done it for me, and I'd like to assess their findings.

Man's thirsty for attention. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Internet detectives mostly only thrive at harassment, but sure go off. 

Also, feel free to provide a link to that study. If it exists, I shouldn't need to do my own research. Somebody else has already done it for me, and I'd like to assess their findings.

Man's thirsty for attention. 

 

“Wildly”? Only a Wild Man would do something “Wildly”.

It can only mean Johnny B. Badd is All Elite

Edited by Ultimo Necro
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Internet detectives mostly only thrive at harassment, but sure go off. 

Also, feel free to provide a link to that study. If it exists, I shouldn't need to do my own research. Somebody else has already done it for me, and I'd like to assess their findings.

Man's thirsty for attention. 

 

Tony Khan is his own worst enemy. Stuff like this is why people call him Jacksonville Dixie or Herb Abrahms Jr.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, cubbymark said:

Tony Khan is his own worst enemy. Stuff like this is why bots call him Jacksonville Dixie or Herb Abrahms Jr.

FTFY 😉

  • Like 5
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...