DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APR 2022

The Natural

This post is full of Supercard of Honor spoilers!

You wanna watch that card un-spoiled, if you haven't already!!

Spoiler

Toa Liona! Kaun (who was on Dark in Dec/Jan) with Tully! 

New Faces of Fear! (Gates of Agony)! 

I might get my Toa Liona dream matches!!

MiSu is ROH TV champion! More KAZE NI NARE in AEW too, pretty please.

THE CHAMP IS HERE! 

How much ROH/AEW cross over will we get? So many more dream matches to add to the list now.

One example: Joe vs Miro!

Good Lord!

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

If anyone can carry Cole, it’s Christian.

1 hour ago, For Great Justice said:

This. If Cole can’t let himself get plugged into Christian’s TV match formula and resist the urge to do a bunch of stupid shit it’s time to go home. This is a litmus test.

THIS.

ROH SPOILERS:

Spoiler

Be interesting to see how Samoa Joe does with the injuries he's had mainly on the main roster in WWE. Hopefully Joe can make a comeback. Samoa Joe was the 2004 and 2005 Wrestler of the Year, what a run Joe was on then with competition from Bryan Danielson, Kenta Kobashi and AJ Styles. Peak Joe was something else.

Spoiler

When I asked y'all for your most anticipated AEW matches yesterday, I never thought we'd get #FTR vs. Young Bucks II this Wednesday. #FTR should have won their first match at AEW Full Gear 2020 I gave ***** to and had the long reign the Young Bucks had having dethroned #FTR.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

Since all the cool kids did it: King, Mox, Danielson, Darby, and... Miro! COME BACK!!! Please... 

And I would be remiss to not mention Ethan Page. 

The stinkers would be Shida, the Lucha Bros., and the Bucks. Yeah that's some big names but so what. 

• Like 4

My Guys: Punk, Mox, Team Taz, The Acclaimed, FTR

Not My Guys: The Young Bucks, Matt Hardy, Adam Cole, Varsity Blondes, The Dark Order 

Honorable My Guys mentions: Danielson, Eddie, Swerve 

Honorable Not My Guys mentions: Jericho before the heel turn

New additions to my Boy Stable: Daddy Magic and Cool Hand Anj 

• Like 2

my Guys Dustin quietly one of the lowkey best things in AEW, Punk understands his limits and is working smarter not harder, Thunder Rosa, Malaki Black, American Dragon

Not my guys Adam Cole not a fan of the forced epic, hit a big move shocked kick out face, Young Bucks wish they would work more from underneath, Reddragon, the epitome of understanding the need to be a strong worker but nothing else about pro wrestling 

• Like 2

My Guys: Wardlow, Team Taz(z), The Acclaimed, Yuta, Riho, Butcher/Blade/Bunny, It's Stiiiiiiiiiing, Dork Order, Lee Moriarty, Nyla, Ethan Page, Lance Archer, Tony Schiavone 

Not My Guys: CM Punk, Keith Lee as he is right now, Jericho, Matt Hardy

Honorable Mention: All the womens division down on Dark/Elevation, they're getting better by the show.

• Like 1

If @Gordlowwould allow me to assume the role of philosopher for a minute, a role he fills so wonderfully, one thing I’ve noticed so far is that many of us have competing faves/not faves, yet we all love what they are doing almost all of the time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GojiColin said:

Honorable Mention: All the womens division down on Dark/Elevation, they're getting better by the show.

That’s my favorite part of the YouTube shows. How great was it to see young Skye Blue be super competitive on Rampage last night?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JLowe said:

That’s my favorite part of the YouTube shows. How great was it to see young Skye Blue be super competitive on Rampage last night?

It was awesome because it took a match that could have been amusing in a "Watch Jaime yeet Skye" way and made it much more compelling. Dark/Elevation have that fun feeling of not knowing where anyone is going to end up, but rooting for everyone to be awesome.

I think what AEW does best is that its the Buffet of wrestling.  There might be a segment/match you don't care for, but next up will probably be something you like.  You never really end up lingering on what didn't work for you.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I know we don’t comment on live stuff, but I just so happened to read this while this ROUGH womens tag match on the NXT pre show is on and it hammers this point home I think. Definitely feels like the AEW system is generating a better women’s pipeline right now. Even Hayter and Storm are only 26. 

• Like 3

Joining in on the My Guys conversation:

My Guys - Team Taz, Top Flight, Wheeler Yuta, 2.0, Tony Nese, Griff Garrison, Frankie Kazarian, Sonny Kiss, Wardlow

My Girls - Jamie Hayter, Leyla Hirsch, Abadon, Julia Hart, Jade Cargill, Diamante

Not My Guys - Darby Allin, Jay Lethal, Lee Moriarty, Brian Pillman Jr, Alex Reynolds, John Silver, Fenix, Chuck Taylor

Not My Girls - Emi Sakura, Tay Conti

• Like 1

My guys: Like 99% of the current roster, but top guys are Hangman, Bucks, Kenny Omega, C.M. Punk, and Keith Lee, and no one that I actively dislike currently (though Jericho is better as a hell). And while I quite enjoy Cody Rhodes when harnassed correctly and think he has a star quality to him, also do not miss the Codyverse from 2021 (and had no interest in a long feud with Lambert's group).

• Like 5