DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APR 2022

The Natural

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

I've a sneaky feeling CM Punk wins the AEW World Championship from Adam Page and goes into AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door held in Chicago as AEW World Champion. Punk then drops it to MJF in the third match of their trilogy.

I agree with your sneaky feeling, but I'll be damned if I'm uncertain whether that's the right move or not. The fact of the matter is, CM Punk is a bigger star than Hangman Page is right now. CM Punk is a more "mainstream" (god I hate to use that word, but here we are) name and putting the belt on him could only be a good thing one would have to imagine for AEW. 

I also need to say, I just looked up Hangman and he's only THIRTY?!?!?!? I agree with @eikeriron this one now. Hangman could have big time bragging rights for the rest of his AEW run. Some of you will say he already has been, but I think a win over Punk here solidifies this title run for Hangman. I'd be cool with him losing to whoever after Punk, but let the man get one more "big title defense" under his belt before having him drop it please.

Side note, I think whenever Hanger get's his second run with the World title, he will be hotter than he is now.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

I agree with your sneaky feeling, but I'll be damned if I'm uncertain whether that's the right move or not. The fact of the matter is, CM Punk is a bigger star than Hangman Page is right now. CM Punk is a more "mainstream" (god I hate to use that word, but here we are) name and putting the belt on him could only be a good thing one would have to imagine for AEW. 

I also need to say, I just looked up Hangman and he's only THIRTY?!?!?!? I agree with @eikeriron this one now. Hangman could have big time bragging rights for the rest of his AEW run. Some of you will say he already has been, but I think a win over Punk here solidifies this title run for Hangman. I'd be cool with him losing to whoever after Punk, but let the man get one more "big title defense" under his belt before having him drop it please.

Side note, I think whenever Hanger get's his second run with the World title, he will be hotter than he is now.

My mind was blown when AEW started and I realised Hangman was as old as my little brother. I always bring up his age when people talk about the four pillars and the future of the company and what not because this guy is just getting started.

I agree I rather have Page retain so his reign can be looked back as a dominant one no question about it, have him drop it to MJF or Punk in a rematch.

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 1

Can we retire the phrase "Forbidden Door" after this show ends, because the door isn't really Forbidden if a fuckton of people have been walking through it over the last 2 years.

• Like 8

On 4/25/2022 at 1:44 PM, Raziel said:

Can we retire the phrase "Forbidden Door" after this show ends, because the door isn't really Forbidden if a fuckton of people have been walking through it over the last 2 years.

Not before they do a skit where they have Yano in Japan walk by a door with "Forbidden Door" written on it, he walks through it and magically pops out of the entrance at a live Dynamite.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Blue Dragon said:

We will see if below has any effects on AEW

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/tnt-tbs-scripted-programming-development-scrapped-warner-bros-discovery-1235241348/

Then again they might just ask for more AEW on TBS tv like the old WCW days. AEW is still part of the "sports" section.

TBS was dead to me when WCW died and it was no longer The Braves Station. Then they got rid of the Beverley Hillbillies! 

What a pointless network TBS has been for 20+ years.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/tnt-tbs-scripted-programming-development-scrapped-warner-bros-discovery-1235241348/

Then again they might just ask for more AEW on TBS tv like the old WCW days. AEW is still part of the "sports" section.

If it means no more promos for that cringe Chad show during PiP, it's already had a positive effect.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

TBS was dead to me when WCW died and it was no longer The Braves Station. Then they got rid of the Beverley Hillbillies! 

What a pointless network TBS has been for 20+ years.

TBS has had a handful of good shows, but most of them came within the last 5 years. It's funny that they're starting to show some HBO Max originals a year after they started, since (arguably) TBS' best show - Search Party - was moved from the network to HBO Max for the last two or three seasons. They also had Conan O'Brien for like 11 years, so, y'know. I absolutely adored his Conan Without Borders specials.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind Moriarty in the Blackpool Combat Club, but I kind of want someone that's a brawler like Mox so he can have his own young boy - in my mind, YUTA is more of a trainee for Danielson than Mox, since he's more technically based and whatnot. The only person I could really see joining that would fit that would be JD Drake, but I don't think that's going to happen.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Casey said:

I wouldn't mind Moriarty in the Blackpool Combat Club, but I kind of want someone that's a brawler like Mox so he can have his own young boy - in my mind, YUTA is more of a trainee for Danielson than Mox, since he's more technically based and whatnot. The only person I could really see joining that would fit that would be JD Drake, but I don't think that's going to happen.

If Skye Blue keeps forearming people right in the face….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/26/2022 at 9:06 AM, southofheavy said:

"Welcome to Lowell Maximum Security Prison. There's only two ways outta here. One is DEAD IN A PINE BOX, and the other is through that big, wide-open gate right over there, which we'd like you to please consider 'off-limits.'" 

VINCE: Welcome to WWE! Here you will be provided with ample opportunity to entertain me and the WWE Universe through various in ring events and backstage skits. We got midcards that need fillin', tag teams that need breakin' up, and 24/7 titles need winnin'!

You will eat only what we serve in catering. You don't show up in a suit and shake hands, you go hungry.

This here is the Performance Centre. The Performance Centre is for you "Indy Darlings". Whatever you done to get here, believe me, I'm not impressed. I've seen it all before.

We ain't got no 'Forbidden Door' here at the Performance Centre. We don't need one.

We got the Gunn line.

NICK KHAN: Tell 'em 'bout the Gunn line boss!

VINCE: This is the Bart Gunn line. It measures your popularity with the WWE Universe. You are now underneath the Bart Gunn line. You get over the Bart Gunn line without my permission, you will be shot. You trip and fall over the Bart Gunn line, you will be shot. You Tweet, Twitch... You so much as get a like on Facebook that takes you over the Bart Gunn line, you will be shot.

* to Rex Steiner *

And you, Breakker, don't try to run. Don't try to escape or one of my Attitude Era superstars will squash you on RAW for 6 weeks straight!

You are now the property of World Wrestling Entertainment, which is to say I OWN YOUR ASS!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

I’m worried about this more than some other people here for sure. What are the major non news cable networks? Tnt, Tbs, usa, espn. If discovery decides to be out the others are out as well. Of course someone like wgn america would pick them up and decide to make that the flagship. It wouldn’t be for more money and it would be a massive downgrade in promotion and prestige. This all strikes me as Not Good. 

• Like 1