DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APR 2022

The Natural

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

Did anyone ever see Cody Rhodes going back to WWE a year ago? 

100% yes. Maybe not quite this soon, but I always thought his "home" was WWE regardless of the goofy BTE sketches and daddy issues w/ Triple. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Greggulator said:

Off the top of my head some WWE matches that are *****:

Shield vs. Wyatt’s, Elimination Chamber.

The rematch on Raw.

Revival vs. DIY, 2 out of 3 falls (Best tag match of the decade)

Sami vs. Neville (Perfect long-term storytelling with an awesome Empire Strikes Back ending with KO showing his true colors)

Sasha vs. Bayley I and II (Flawlessly executed and historically important) 

Rhodes Brothers vs. The Shield (Perfect tag match and feud)

Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha in whatever the gimmick match was where Sasha had the Banks Statement in the crowd and Charlotte did some insane flip off the announcer’s perch

Santino/Emma vs. Fandango/Summer Rae (Best comedy match ever)

I think I'll throw my hat in the ring as well

Punk vs Cena - Money in the Bank 2011

Cena vs Lesnar - Extreme Rules 2012

Punk vs Lesnar - Summerslam 2013

Bryan vs Cena - Summerslam 2013

Shield vs Wyatts - Elimination Chamber 2014

Zayn vs Neville - NXT Takeover: R-Evolution

Sasha vs Bayley - NXT Takeover: Brooklyn

Revival vs DIY - NXT Takeover: Toronto

Andrade vs Gargano - NXT Takeover: Philadelphia

Bryan vs Lesnar - Survivor Series 2018

Bryan vs Kingston - Wrestlemania 35

• Like 1

Cool how a few matches pop up on all three posts: 

Shield vs Wyatts at Elimination Chamber 2014.

Zayn vs Neville at NXT Takeover: R-Evolution.

Sasha vs Bayley at NXT Takeover: Brooklyn.

Revival vs DIY at NXT Takeover: Toronto

Jack Evans saying his deal isn't going to be renewed and ends April 30th. Said that after his face injury and 4 month covid layoff that he struggled and didn't add value, understood that they have a huge roster so this is the result. Refused to comment on Angelico's contract and said right now he doesn't have plans. 

Sad, as Jack is very talented and I'm not sure he ever really showed it whether that was on him or AEW or, likelier, both. I hope he can land a spot to keep going and find himself again. Loved him in PWG and Lucha Underground. Some of his tag work in AAA was really fun too. Obviously his big run in ROH is the stuff of legend and I will forever love his stuff from there and WSX. 

Edited by Jiji

Honestly, I think Punk would go back before Moxley. If Punk thought he only had two years left and they offered him $10 million? Moxley, on the other hand, didn't even look at his final contract offer. Huge money is about the only thing WWE can offer people these days, and that's not a factor for him.

Moxley would never, ever go back to WWE unless there were major changes there. He'd be more likely to go to Japan or try to start his own Bloodsport-ish indy. After reading his book, I get the sense his happy enough in AEW, but that's probably the last big national promotion he exclusively works for.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Moxley would never, ever go back to WWE unless there were major changes there. He'd be more likely to go to Japan or try to start his own Bloodsport-ish indy. After reading his book, I get the sense his happy enough in AEW, but that's probably the last big national promotion he exclusively works for.

Still need to pick Jon Moxley's book up.

Edited by The Natural

12 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

It will be fun to fantasy book the super show, but I’m not sure NJPW has the roster to really stack this with desirable matches.

Once you get past Okada/Tanahashi/Naito/Ishii/Suzuki/White…..who else do I care about? I dunno. And their tag division absolutely sucks. 

Miro vs Ishii though please 

That's six guys deep already, though. We've all been saying one of AEW's weak points is cramming too many matches onto a long card. Six lengthy matches + some pomp and circumstance does pretty well.

• Like 2

I really want a nice, long main event tag of Tanahashi/Okada vs Punk/Joe, give it to me TK!

What are the chances that Stardom is involved? I need Utami Hayashishita vs Toni Storm like, yesterday.

• Like 1

Just for shits and giggles...

Bryan vs Ibushi
MJF vs Naito
Punk vs Okada
Hangman vs Ospreay
Moxley vs Tanahashi
Lee Moriarty vs ZSJ
Wardlow vs Jeff Cobb
Darby vs Takahashi
OC & Danhausen vs Yano & Ishii
FTR vs Young Bucks vs GOD vs Ropongi 3K
Jericho Appreciation Society vs Bullet Club 10 Man Tag

ETA: There should be some kind of women's component to this aswell but I know nothing about Stardom so couldn't even venture to guess what women's matches should be on the card. And realistically this is way too much for a single night. But a two night event is probably pushing it.

Edited by NoFistsJustFlips
Why I didn't originally include women's matches

Give me Punk/Okada, BCC/Tekkers&Suzuki, Naito, Shingo & Hiromu/Cole & ReDragon, Miro/Iishi, and make sure Cobb & O-Khan get a match and I’m happy. This would be a great show for Omega to return at especially of Ibushi is back too.

(I only want LIJ/UE so Shingo can murder Cole and claim BayBay as his own)

Edited by Sublime

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, Casey said:

I really want a nice, long main event tag of Tanahashi/Okada vs Punk/Joe, give it to me TK!

What are the chances that Stardom is involved? I need Utami Hayashishita vs Toni Storm like, yesterday.

Seems unlikely unless Bushiroad forces it. Their only Stardom connection was Riho working there in 2020 and that didn't go terribly well. They have a much better relationship with TJPW (and Hikaru Shida is a bridge to Ice Ribbon, since Shida went to Ice Ribbon on 3/20 and will be back again on 5/4). Also, when AEW did their joshi tournament in 2021, they worked with pretty much everyone except Stardom.