DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APR 2022

The Natural

On 4/8/2022 at 7:22 PM, Casey said:

New Japan World will be uploading weekly episodes of Dynamite and Rampage with Japanese commentary starting pretty soon.

They started with the April 6th Dynamite and April 8th Rampage. They put up the episodes in English first and then will put them up with Japanese commentary but there's a lag of maybe a week. It's only available to New Japan World subscribers in Japan though.

On 4/15/2022 at 2:26 PM, twiztor said:

i know the matches we got between FTR and Santana/Ortiz were a bit disappointing, but i feel like those teams have an all-timer in them, and i'd like to see them run it back. 

I forgot about those even though one is infamous when poor Cash Wheeler's forearm was gashed by the ring hook. Not THAT Hook before there's a wiseass ?.

Edited by The Natural

47 minutes ago, Swift said:

Apropos of nothing at all, but I didn't realise until today that they're named The Baddies Section because it's TBS.

Man, I am slow.

• Like 2

Something was bothering me for a while but I couldn't quite put my finger on it til recently:

It should be Battle for the Belts.

Battle of the Belts suggests champion vs. champion matches. Which, come to think of it, would go a long way to making the specials feel, well, special. Make them non-title exhibition matches and utilize the forbidden door, and you could set up some interesting storylines down the road.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Cube Jr's a fan? Very cool.

Have him as a celebrity guest in The Acclaimed’s corner when they when the tag belts. Book it, Tony K!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JLowe said:

Have him as a celebrity guest in The Acclaimed’s corner when they when the tag belts. Book it, Tony K!

At least O'Shea Jr isn't tossing aside $9M movie offers over a refusal to get vaccinated like Ice Cube did over the winter. Anyways, O'Shea Jr is in a Disney series so he'd probably pass the "does he believe any Brian Kendrick things" background check.

• Like 2

On 4/16/2022 at 5:32 PM, Swift said:

Apropos of nothing at all, but I didn't realise until today that they're named The Baddies Section because it's TBS.

Hopefully they let fans apply to be part of it.  I have a vtuber friend who is smoking hot who wants to be part of it (she simps for Jade)

• Like 3

On 4/16/2022 at 4:57 PM, The Natural said:

I forgot about those even though one is infamous when poor Cash Wheeler's forearm was gashed by the ring hook. Not THAT Hook before there's a wiseass ?.

That had to have been the most unfortunate case of "getting the hook" there has been so far, right? Sorry, despite the warnings, I had to go there.

5 minutes ago, A_K said:

WWE only had 1 5* match ever? Not enough Bucks/Cole vs Jurassic Express & Christian in the archives I guess.

Just remembered that it's wrong unless they meant main roster. These WWE matches got ***** or above:

Almas/Gargano in NXT.

Gargano/Ciampa in NXT.

Gargano/Cole in NXT.

WALTER vs. Bate in NXT UK.

WALTER vs. Ilja II in NXT.

WALTER vs. Ilja I in NXT UK.

You're right to mention Bucks/Cole vs. Christian/Jurassic Express at Full Gear 2021. No way is that a ***** match. Will strongly disagree with Dave there.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1