DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APR 2022

The Natural

I might be one of Penta’s bigger cheerleaders on here, I still find him super entertaining to watch.  I’m really looking forward to seeing him and Punk go at it.

That’s the kind of booking that wouldn’t look out of place in 2004 IWA:MS

• Like 4

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Definitely the most "huh, I wonder what that'll look like" match he's had since coming back. I want to see Punk do the Penta taunt. 

I want to see Punk slap the shit out of him when he does the taunt. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I wouldnt be shocked to see Penta v Punk go for a few minutes before a House of Black run in to wipe them both out.

Then we get House of Black v Penta, Pac & Punk on the way to Punk v Page at Double or Nothing.

• Like 2

Is House of Black even still feuding with Penta and PAC tho? I haven’t watched Rampage in weeks, but I don’t recall anything mentioned on Dynamite. Seems like the blowoff was on the Revolution preshow and they’ve just been giving HoB trios wins ever since against cans (sorry, Dark Order!)

EDIT: I’m pretty sure this is just an easy dream match (for some) that’ll be good and fun, but also pad Punk’s record on the way to him getting the #1 spot in the rankings after Adam Cole fails to beat Hangman on Rampage.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Casey said:

Is House of Black even still feuding with Penta and PAC tho? I haven’t watched Rampage in weeks, but I don’t recall anything mentioned on Dynamite. Seems like the blowoff was on the Revolution preshow and they’ve just been giving HoB trios wins ever since against cans (sorry, Dark Order!)

EDIT: I’m pretty sure this is just an easy dream match (for some) that’ll be good and fun, but also pad Punk’s record on the way to him getting the #1 spot in the rankings after Adam Cole fails to beat Hangman on Rampage.

I kinda thought it was blown off too, but part of me thinks they'll fire it back up once Fenix is cleared

Battle of Belts shows look and feel like a total after-thought at this point. Shouldn't this Adam Cole/Hangman blowoff be happening at that show?

These were supposed to Clash of the Champions level shows. Instead, they're more like WCW Worldwide. 

How is Battle of the Belts II happening in three days? They haven't been building it up at all.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 4

As long as Penta isn't in full on spam taunt mode, which is also usually when he's at his sloppiest, the match should be pretty awesome. I think a CM Punk from 10 years ago would probably tell him ahead of time to cut the shit and just wrestle. Grown up CM Punk will probably just tell him to let's go out there and have some fun. So yeah, this could go either way. 

Rest of the card does look freaking awesome. I'm leaning towards RedDRagon winning the titles, but I also think we're eventually going to revisit whatever the House of Black started with Jurassic Express from a couple months ago and they'll be the next champions.

Joe vs MiSu is going to fucking rule. Wished TK had shelled out a few extra bucks to buy the rights to an edited version of Simon Says or Jadakiss' Champ is Here, but what are you gonna do?

• Like 1