DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APR 2022

The Natural

Leyla Hirsch injured her knee in the opening dark match tonight after landing on her feet after a moonsault. The match was called off and doctors helped her to the back. ?

EDIT: And a pretty awesome spoiler for Elevation to counteract what I just mentioned:

Spoiler

LuFisto makes her AEW debut in a six woman tag, teaming with Emi Sakura and The Bunny.

Edited by Casey
  • Sad 7

3 hours ago, twiztor said:

i thought that was Darby Allin for a hot second there.

Darby seems like a somewhat tasteful dude.  Let's get the 'will it for Dynamite' DVDVR team on it being the next pre-match Darby short film. 

I bet he could have a fantastic match with Penta. 

Is there any word on Rey Fenix?

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2

Rampage SPOILER:

Spoiler

I'm not the only one sick of Sammy. Sammy popped up on a lot of Not my guys lists here including mine. Sammy's dragging down Tay Conti as well.

Edited by The Natural

Spoiler

What's Sammy's equivalent to "Big Daddy Cool only slaps hands with the fans who wear black gloves"?

If they lean into this, I figure that sending Tay out to say that Sammy won't compete unless they stop booing him would get a few extra boos from the fans who are mad that Sammy's "changed" due to Conti

Start of a new school year here in Japan. Might be too busy to post on these boards for a wee while. Wanted to leave this thought here:

It looks like the Owen Tournaments are going to be single elim. 

I really hope we get a round robin E-1 tournament some day! Bring in MiSu and Ishii, maybe Jay White... I can see how AEW might wanna save some of the potential singles dream matches for PPVs and so on, though...

But I was thinking: How about a D-1 or YT-1 round robin for wrestlers who are on the YouTube shows a lot:

JD Drake, Bears Boulder and Bronson, Comoroto, Kiss, Avalon, Bononi, Serpentico, Fuego, Toa Liona, Silver, both Young Butts, Cutler, Rocky, Nese, Big Shotty, Uno, Solo, 5, 10, Brock, Angelico (?), Sydal, Griff...

Abadon, AQA, Willow, Skye, Emi, Magical Girl, KiLynn, Madi, Session Moth, D'Amboise,  Freya...

Maybe winner gets a network TV title shot?

Anyone opposed to trying to manifest that?

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Not sure if we’re ready for Rampage spoiler threads yet, but (spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

Yuta vs Moxley sounds Must See

Picture and reaction:

Spoiler

Looking forward to this.

Even Double Elimination would be great, just think, if you set it up right, you can set up three matches (winner's bracket, final, Grand Final), plus it allows some of the big guys to put over two people (either to make people, to further feuds, or just to add "anything can happen" fluke wins).

Rampage spoiler

Spoiler

And nice to see they're advancing that LONG-TERM storyline with Yuta and BCC

Edited by SirFozzie

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Picture and reaction:

Hide contents

Looking forward to this.

Oh man.  Yeah, I think I'll probably work that match into my schedule.

• Like 3

Not gonna lie I’m a little disappointed that they are going to the Midwest after the Ontario Show. I was hoping they’d come up to the Pacific Northwest this June but at last it is not the case. Maybe they will work their way back west after the Detroit Show.

• Like 2