DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APR 2022

The Natural

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Did you see The Revival vs. Bobby Fish/Kyle O'Reilly on NXT TV, 20th November 2019? Relieved as you'd expect. The Revival's last great match in WWE. Liking the rest of your picks as well.

That and the DIY match from TO were all I'd ever seen of FTR prior to their Elite arrival.  As you can imagine I had high expectations for them.  Outside the unfortunate injuries and personal issues that kept them sidelined, they've met those lofty expectations.  Even the weekly Dark squashes have been a ton of fun.  And that beautiful entrance music!  

FTR v Fish/O'Reilly AEW rematch lands high on my list.  As does the upcoming Bucks match.  I was hoping Josh Alexander would be coming in sooner than it now sounds like he will, and for the reason of FTR v the North.  A match they floated on some pods before joining AEW.   FTR v Scorpio/Page will do.  FTR v 'Daddy Magic' Matt Minard and 'Cool Hand Ang' Angelo Parker.  

Keith Lee v Powerhouse Hobbs, Top Flight v the Bucks and the House of Black v Fuego/Any partners of his choosing (Dark Order will certainly do) would very honestly also be on that list - so very much looking forward to Rampage.  Also...

Hayter v Deeb
Andrade v Kenny (without the awful ads and busy screen flashing on the hardcam shot like in AAA)
Rey Fenix v Andrade
Fenix v Dante
Fenix v Jungle Jack
Fenix v Darby
Luchas v Top Flight
Top Flight v FTR
Cole v Gargano
Christian v Jungle Jack
Kingston v Jericho Rematch
Punk v Page... tho I hadn't thought of that prior to this slow build.
House of Black v Blackpool Combat Club and a third
Darby v anybody
Danielson v anybody
Takeshita v Danielson, Moriarty, Garcia, Fenix, Andrade, Kenny, etc etc
Kenny v Paul Wight... it was just a thought I had when Big Paul signed the deal, but I wanna see what would come of such an ordeal.

Thinking on this reminds me that there are countless combos I wanna see, and why every week their TV is so loaded.

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 4

My people: Kingston, Hayter, Darby, Punk, Danielson

Not my people: Cole, the Bucks, Fish, Nese and all of his abs. 

Matches:

Hayter vs Britt

Hayter vs Stat

Hayter vs Toni

Hayter vs Hayter inside a steel Jaime Hayter

Kingston vs MJF 

Hangman vs Andrade

Darby/Sting vs anyone for the goddamn belts 

Sting vs LA Park in a Barbed Wire Hell Baseball Bat/Chair on a Pole Match

Sting, Darby, Muta vs Lucha Bros and Tajiri

Punk vs Kingston 2 

Danielson vs Punk 

Kingston vs anyone for the belt w/Eddie going over

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My guys: Punk, Garcia, FTR, Ethan Page (last one caught me off guard, but here we are)

Not my guys: Malakai and the AEW Spookyverse

Matches:

Punk vs Omega

Punk/partner vs the Bucks

CASH WHEELER SINGLES MATCH

Jungle Boy vs Christian Cage

Kingston vs Claudio

Hook vs Miro

More Paul Wight squashes

• Like 4

Random thoughts as a cold addles my brain.  My issue with Adam Cole... Aside from his punchable face which is an asset to a heel.. he comes across as a WWE over produced goof with his entrance, and it feels like his mic work has regressed.  So until the bell rings im not into him.  Then he wrestles and puts on good matches... I do like the idea of the elite imploding though....

Other random thoughts

They need to use the crowd level cam for longer shots. 

Who joins up with Kingston and crew to merc JAS?  Homicide got a single shot but he would be a fun short term dude.  Any others yall think work? Who is the young gun they bring in to counter Garcia? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Morganti said:

Who joins up with Kingston and crew to merc JAS?  Homicide got a single shot but he would be a fun short term dude.  Any others yall think work? Who is the young gun they bring in to counter Garcia? 

Danielson and Mox make sense with JAS badmouthing pro wrestlers.  Both dudes pride themselves on being pro wrestlers.  I just don't think it would be good to put their stuff on hold to get involved in that.  If it was just for a week or two, that'd be cool. Plus, Mox and Eddie are tight, so there's that connection too.

I don't see it being them, but I honestly can't think of who they could get.  Homicide makes sense.  Nick Gage appearance?

• Like 1

My peeps - Danielson, Keith Lee, Powerhouse Hobbs, Penta Oscura, Andrade, Jade Cargill

(picked 6 as Danielson really doesn’t count at this point!)

Not my peeps - Adam Cole, Matt Hardy, ReDragon, Commentator Chris Jericho, Thunder Rosa

A lot of my dream matches have been covered already in the above lists.

Id like to see Shida do more, her and Deeb were great together.  I’d like to see the Dark Order kind of go their separate ways for a while, Grayson feels super under utilized, I think Reynolds is overshadowed by Silver, but I really like him and would like to see him do more.  The obvious one is Santana and Ortiz, they are great and I’d love to see them get a run at the belts.  A feud between them and FTR or The Briscoes would be outstanding.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Not sure if you meant you wanted a rematch, but if you missed that episode you should probably check out the January 12th Dynamite. 

Nope, just a total brain fart. I remember now complaining about the duel TNT belts. Thanks man

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Not sure if you meant you wanted a rematch, but if you missed that episode you should probably check out the January 12th Dynamite. 

That was Daniel Garcia, pro wrestler. This is Dangerous Danny Garcia, Sports Entertainer!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, JLowe said:

That was Daniel Garcia, pro wrestler. This is Dangerous Danny Garcia, Sports Entertainer!

You’ve heard of The Three Faces of Foley, now prepare yourself for The Two Dan Power Trip! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Baby blue Kangol brings out a whole different side. "Well, then I am too." ?

I was originally really disappointed he wasn't directly jumping into the Danielson/Mox/Regal deal (don't like the BCC name at all), but working as a sports entertainer will really round out the holes in his game quickly. Jericho is going to mentor him for promos and angles. Great stuff and we'll eventually get to Danny's Blue Hat and Soul On A  Pole Match later this year.

My guys are Omega (?), Miro, HOOK (?), Austin Gunn, and Daniel Garcia. I'd say Darby but the allegations. Kingston is there too of course, these are just 5 of the guys I'm digging the most at the moment. AEW is too deep for a real top 5. MJF probably the most valuable player if you're doing a keeper league. Jamie Hayter is my favourite of the women's division. I would very much like to watch her and Riho wrestle a best of 99.

Not my guys: Danhausen, Jay Lethal, preemptive Gargano, Kip Sabian, Danhausen. It's pretty amazing that I enjoy at least some aspects of the other 739 people on the roster.

I really just want Omega vs. Danielson II and Punk vs. Danielson more than anything at the moment besides the dream dream match of Omega vs. Ibushi (Omega's soul on a pole match) . JAS vs. BCC (Garcia's hat/soul on poles match). Oh and Miro vs. Hangman. I really feel like Miro should win the big gold. He's got strength, no weakness. Top 5 talker in a  company full of the best modern promo guys, stud in the ring but works a different, shorter/more brutal style than anybody else, looks fucking incredible. People love him and fear him. One of the best gimmicks going. Complete package. Put him on tv, heat his ass up and give him da gold. It does feel like MJF is on deck but I'm cool with Hangmin -> Miro -> Punk -> MJF -> Kingston, or something like that. Throw Danielson in there. Still feel like both he and Punk really should have decent runs with the gold and you could do Wrigley Field with Punk and Danielson for the gold headlining.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Jiji said:

It does feel like MJF is on deck but I'm cool with Hangmin -> Miro -> Punk -> MJF -> Kingston, or something like that. Throw Danielson in there. Still feel like both he and Punk really should have decent runs with the gold and you could do Wrigley Field with Punk and Danielson for the gold headlining.

One of the best things about a potential Punk reign is having him defend against any of his three PPV opponents to date (Darby, Kingston, MJF) would create a fantastic dynamic. 

• Like 5

We still need the Kingston/Miro rematch too. That's another cool aspect of how things move on without endless rematches. When they revisit down the line they can pick up where they left off but with added growth from both sides. 

• Like 2