DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APR 2022

The Natural

Reminder today is No Strikes.

---

The build continues towards AEW Double or Nothing 2022. As it stands, looks like Adam Page vs. CM Punk for the AEW World Championship and #FTR vs. The Young Bucks II. Please and thank you!

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Q1 2022 checkpoint -

My Guys: Andrade, Darby, Hobbs, The Acclaimed, Danielson

Not My Guys: Cole, Matt Hardy, Baker, Sammy, Tay Conti

Impossible to keep it to 5 but that’s the point. Any extended list is basically 90% of the roster being in the “my guys” category - everyone on the roster is over!

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Q1 2022 checkpoint -

Impossible to keep it to 5 but that’s the point. Any extended list is basically 90% of the roster being in the “my guys” category - everyone on the roster is over!

Good idea!

My guys: Bryan Danielson, CM Punk, #FTR, Eddie Kingston and MJF. MJF can be hit and miss on promos. Pains me leaving Sting and Darby Allin off.

Not my guys: Adam Cole, Sammy Guevara, Pentagon, Brian Pillman Jr and Luchasaurus. 

Coming up with a top five My Guys was very difficult. Rounding up to a top five Not my Guys was difficult after the first three names. Those were easy.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Q1 2022 checkpoint -

Oh, I like this idea!

My Guys: The Acclaimed, Dante Martin (I like Top Flight almost as much), Danielson, FTR, Sting (I'm loving this revivall)

Not My Guys: House of Black, Cole, Fish, Jurassic Express, Spears

(cheating)

My top 5 Women's Division: Bunny, Thunder Rosa, Skye Blue, Anna Jay, Jade Cargill (I'm shocked myself, but she's working hard when she could easily coast)

• Like 1

My Guys: Wardlow, Eddie Kingston, Daniel Garcia, The Butcher specifically, 2.0

Not My Guys: Adam Cole, Jurassic Express, Scorpio Sky/ATT, Matt Hardy, Christian Cage

Edit - Sorry no DB on my list, but you get Adam Cole again baybay!

Edited by Krone Meltzer
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

shit yeah Butcher was my #6

That guy has gotten in phenomenal shape since Everytime I Die broke up. I'd love to see Butcher and Blade get a nice little push and maybe a run with the tag titles. If not, give me big meaty Butcher making a TNT Title run please.

• Like 2

My five favourite AEW guys: Impossible!

Five of my favourite AEW guys: Bryan, Kingston, JD Drake, Bear Boulder, Keith Lee...

Not my favourite AEW guys: Legit Leyla, Deeb, Hayter, Shida, Yuka Sakazaki (They are five of my favourite AEW ladies, obviously).

Get off the Haterade!

Get on the Hayterade!

Edit: Alternate "my guys" list:

Edited by Gordlow
"Bear Country"is two guys in my opinion
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

It's gonna be very difficult to stay judicious with the hearts and trophy reactions for this one, I think.

My guys are: Serena Deeb, Eddie Kingston, Nick Commoroto, The Butcher and (cheating here) 2.0

Not my guys: what @DEANsaid! Or QT I guess, if I really had to pick one. Everything/everyone else that irritates me is simple miscasting and honestly probably just a matter of opinion. Like Sammy/Tay doing that heelish promo, or Scorp getting a TNT run instead of focusing more on he and Page as a team, that sort of thing.

• Like 1

Meant to ask this sooner, your most anticipated AEW matches?

Mine:

Bryan Danielson vs. Kenny Omega II.

Bryan Danielson vs. Adam Page III.

CM Punk vs. MJF III.

#FTR vs. Young Bucks II.

CM Punk vs. Adam Page.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Mine:

Bryan Danielson vs. Kenny Omega II.

Bryan Danielson vs. Adam Page III.

CM Punk vs. MJF III.

#FTR vs. Young Bucks II.

CM Punk vs. Adam Page.

Wheeler Yuta vs Konosuke Takeshita

Jay Lethal vs Konosuke Takeshita

FTR vs ReDragon

Toni Storm vs Jamie Hayter

Toni Storm vs Serena Deeb

Toni Storm vs Hikaru Shida

OH!! Toni Storm vs Ryo Mizunami

(Secret Dream)

Bryan Danielson vs Josh Alexander

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Wheeler Yuta vs Konosuke Takeshita

Jay Lethal vs Konosuke Takeshita

FTR vs ReDragon

Toni Storm vs Jamie Hayter

Toni Storm vs Serena Deeb

Toni Storm vs Hikaru Shida

OH!! Toni Storm vs Ryo Mizunami

(Secret Dream)

Bryan Danielson vs Josh Alexander

Did you see The Revival vs. Bobby Fish/Kyle O'Reilly on NXT TV, 20th November 2019? Relieved as you'd expect. The Revival's last great match in WWE. Liking the rest of your picks as well.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Bucks & Kenny vs Cole & Red Dragon

Whataver Deeb & Shida's blowoff is

Statlander vs Hayter

Punk vs Adam Page

Whatever the next Blood & Guts match is (AFO vs Stinger Squadron?  OG Elite vs Undisputed Elite?  JAS vs Kingston & Friends?)

Been wondering about that. To add your suggestions, Regal of Honour vs. Jericho Appreciation Society. Liking the rest of your picks as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Did you see The Revival vs. Bobby Fish/Kyle O'Reilly on NXT TV, 20th November 2019? Relieved as you'd expect. The Revival's last great match in WWE. Liking the rest of your picks as well.

I didn't know of any way to watch NXT before they started showing it on free TV.  (I will now yell at clouds.)

• Like 1

Love this idea.

My guys- Wardlow(This dude is over huge), Daniel Garcia, DB, Kingston, FTR

Honorable Mentions:  House of Black, Powerhouse Hobbs, Serena Deeb, Shida

Note:  Hangman is one of "my guys", he low key has some of the best matches on the show, but he's in a holding pattern because of his association with......

Not my Guys-Adam Cole.  Everyone else I don't have an issue with.  This one is weird for me because I was a mild fan of him in NXT and found him very inoffensive early on in his AEW run, but I just don't get the need for him to be on top of the card again after losing clean to Hangman and AEW not really on the rematch train so quick.

Edited by StuntmanCrowley
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Not my Guys-Adam Cole.  Everyone else I don't have an issue with.  This one is weird for me because I was a mild fan of him in NXT and found him very inoffensive early on in his AEW run, but I just don't get the need for him to be on top of the card again after losing clean to Hangman and AEW not really on the rematch train so quick.

That's just how he's booked.  Adam Cole is so good in the ring.  I've loved every match he's had in AEW.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Natural said:

Ibushi vs Kenny

Golden Lovers vs Young Bucks

BCC vs MiSu and ZSJ

Keith Lee vs Bear Bronson

Keith Lee vs Nick Comoroto

Miro vs Bear Bronson

JD Drake vs Dustin

JD Drake vs Brock Anderson

Wardlow vs Miro

Hook vs Garcia

2.0 vs Super Smash Brothers

Kenny vs Hijo del Vikingo

Big Paul and Strong Mark vs Bear Country

BCC vs FTR

Fenix vs Dante

Fenix vs Darby

Toa Liona vs Miro, Hobbs, Dustin, Comoroto

Freya the Slaya vs Jade, Hayter, Deeb, Shida...

Jungle Boy vs Griff

Andrade vs Hangman

John Silver vs Big Shotty

Darby vs Hook

Yuka Sakazaki vs Mercedes

Shida vs Leyla

PVZ vs Leyla

Riho vs AQA

Kingston vs Lance Archer

Darby vs Lance Archer

Jeff Cobb vs Keith Lee

Nick Wayne vs Bryan

Nick Wayne & Darby vs BCC

Nick Wayne, Darby, Sting vs BCC including Regal

Mox vs Butcher

Chaos Project vs Ass Boys, 2.0, Danhausen & Cassidy

Cassidy vs Kassidy

Page & Cage vs Page & Cage

Abadon vs Lulu Pencil

reDRagon vs BCC

Dustin vs Kingston

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I apologize in advance for the formatting on mobile

Punk vs Moxley

Serena vs Jade (I've been wanting this one since Punk/Wardlow and Punk/Hobbs borrowed from the Bret/Diesel matches, I think they could do something similarly fun)

Sammy vs Daniel Garcia

FTR vs Mox/Danielson

Punk vs Hangman

JD Drake vs Keith Lee

MJF vs Cole (I see Cole is pretty polarizing here, but you can't say with a straight face the promos wouldn't be great)

Pac vs Danielson

Hayter vs Toni is one that I learned I wanted just this week

This one already happened in the beginning, but id like to see Stu/Uno vs the Bucks again

I could literally do pages and pages of this. This is the best roster assembled in a good long time - up there with WCW 1997/98 or WWE 2013/14

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Based on current booking trends: Page vs. Punk, FTR vs. Young Bucks, Omega/Bucks vs. Cole/ReD, Wardlow vs. MJF, BCC w/Yuta vs. 2.0 and Garcia, Hayter vs. Baker, Lee vs Starks.

Manifesting: Acclaimed vs. JE title change (or at least Acclaimed getting a big win), or Top Flight vs. JE title change

• Like 2

My guys: House Of Black, Thunder Rosa, CM Punk, Swerve Strickland, The Acclaimed

Not my guys: Alan '5' Angels, Young Bucks, The Hardys, Jake Hager, Frankie Kazarian

Apologies to Keith Lee, Jamie Hayter, The Wingmen, Marina Shafir, Team Tazz and Bryan Danielson, who are also very much my guys but just miss out. AEW just has so many awesome guys.

Edited by SturmCRF